The R.Pace good or bad at his job question still going.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Imagine being a Lions fan and so delusional that you don’t realize they are the worst franchise in professional sports.

Not sure they are even the worst franchise in the NFL, let alone professional sports. I'm thinking the Phoenix Coyotes are looking for someone to hold their beer.

blinddeafmute

Liked Posts:

Leonard Floyd good but not great. Not a bust but not worthy of being the ninth overall pick.
Cody Whitehair Stud
Bullard Meh
Nick Kwiatkoski meh
Deon Bush Meh
Deiondre' Hall who?
Jordan Howard (currently being traded for a ham sandwich)

Slightly better but Pace again fails to hit a home run with a top ten pick. Overal grade B-

With 7 picks we got a stud RB, a stud lineman, a starting defensive end, a serviceable Dlineman, and a backup LB.

And you give that a B-? Lmao

I'm going to assume that you're just trolling because that is a damn good draft as far as NFL drafting goes.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Not sure they are even the worst franchise in the NFL, let alone professional sports. I'm thinking the Phoenix Coyotes are looking for someone to hold their beer.
Coyotes lost a conference championship just 7 yrs ago. Detroit has 1 playoff win in 50 yrs. Who beats that?

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Lol.....pro bowl mvp

It was a memorable performance. Older Lion fans regale their kids with the story of how Matt conquered the Pro Bowl.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
LMAO...your data? He didn't write that article nc0gneto...

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Sometimes you just have to hang your hat on something lol

LOL, love the spin on this, I never brought up the pro bowl. It was one of the Bears homers calling MT a "pro Bowl Qb" pffft. Yeah, that impressive pro bowl appearance Mitch got after 5 others had declined the invitation. And then 'ol mole eye went 5-9 for a whopping 34 yards and one interception. At least Stafford threw for 316 yards and two touchdowns compared MT's pathetic performance.

And yeah the pro-bowl is a joke, I know, so why bring it up at all?

Last edited:

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
LMAO...your data? He didn't write that article nc0gneto...

My apologies then I thought that was his blog.

I read this "Here are the metrics I used, with a quick explainer for each"

I missed the """"

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Whether Pace ends up good or bad at his job will depend on the Bears becoming a consistent winner. One season isn't proof of much. Let's see how he does once teams start signing away our guys and he has to continually restock through the draft.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Whether Pace ends up good or bad at his job will depend on the Bears becoming a consistent winner. One season isn't proof of much. Let's see how he does once teams start signing away our guys and he has to continually restock through the draft.

Sure but not exactly. Pace is only in charge of getting the talent on the team. Whether its coaching or players. He has done that. Its now Nagy and company's jobs to coach up that talent to become that consistent winner you're looking for. Of course Pace has to keep on being successful at drafting so he keeps putting cheap talent in the pipeline.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Unearthing midround gold has been Pace's greatest strength and other teams "signing away our guys" will just give him more comp pick dynamite and china men to mine that gold.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
LOL, love the spin on this, I never brought up the pro bowl. It was one of the Bears homers calling MT a "pro Bowl Qb" pffft. Yeah, that impressive pro bowl appearance Mitch got after 5 others had declined the invitation. And then 'ol mole eye went 5-9 for a whopping 34 yards and one interception. At least Stafford threw for 316 yards and two touchdowns compared MT's pathetic performance.

And yeah the pro-bowl is a joke, I know, so why bring it up at all?

You’re on a bears message board and you are shocked that you have encountered bears Homers lol. Mole eye has a long way to go but the one thing I trust is the coach. If he shows no progress he will expect pace to get his guy same as what he wants with Howard. Naggy wants his guys whoever doesn’t fit gets the boot. I don’t see that as a bad thing

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Topic probably merits its own thread but I'm too lazy to make it so I'll just ask here.

If a bad coaching hire is enough to get a GM fired then is a great coaching hire good enough to keep a GM around even if he whiffed on his quarterback pick? Hypothetically speaking of course.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Topic probably merits its own thread but I'm too lazy to make it so I'll just ask here.

If a bad coaching hire is enough to get a GM fired then is a great coaching hire good enough to keep a GM around even if he whiffed on his quarterback pick? Hypothetically speaking of course.

I don’t think so just look at the bust rate at the position and how many cringe qb starter are around the league. I say the when I would kick the gm to the curb for a bad qb pick is if they double down on stupid and extend them. Look at all the wasted years on cutler. Bet the jaguars wish they moved on from bortles before the salary purge of legit talent. If we extend trubisky in two years and he continues to mole eye it’s inexcusable

Visionman

Liked Posts:

Assuming Trubs falls off a cliff, I don't think it gets Pace fired.

#1, Trubs was drafted before Nagy came on board, so it could be said Trubs wasn't his QB. #2, Pace has done a GREAT job in the draft and FA to build a legit contender, even with that QB. Ppl complain about his misses, but every GM misses. Pace hits much more often than most, and even on the misses, he structures the contracts so the team can get out of it with minimal damage.

Pace is one of the better GMs in the league, no question.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Sure but not exactly. Pace is only in charge of getting the talent on the team. Whether its coaching or players. He has done that. Its now Nagy and company's jobs to coach up that talent to become that consistent winner you're looking for. Of course Pace has to keep on being successful at drafting so he keeps putting cheap talent in the pipeline.

You mean Nagy the coach Pace hired? The GM is responsible for the whole team. Until this team is a consistent winner the job is not done.

Unearthing midround gold has been Pace's greatest strength and other teams "signing away our guys" will just give him more comp pick dynamite and china men to mine that gold.

I agree that is one of his strengths thus far but he still needs to be able to exhibit he can continue to do that over the coming years.

If the team is good enough to overcome the quarterback then yeah. That was why Mack was so key. That D should allow us to remain competitive even if Trubs ends up floundering so long as he isn't absolutely atrocious and we pull the trigger on a competent replacement quickly. Of course, if he continues to develop then we have a chance for sustained success over a longer period of time.