The R.Pace good or bad at his job question still going.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
This is a tired old subject but it does surprise me there are still people who think Pace is a bad GM. He isn't even remotely bad. He sure as shit has fucked up over the years but that doesn't wipe away all the great things he has done in rebuilding this team.

I've always said that fans are unrealistic about their GM until they ACTUALLY take the time to observe what the rest of the GMs across the league have done. Its always relative and without a baseline you have no fucking clue how good or bad you have it.

msadows

Liked Posts:
This is a tired old subject but it does surprise me there are still people who think Pace is a bad GM. He isn't even remotely bad. He sure as shit has fucked up over the years but that doesn't wipe away all the great things he has done in rebuilding this team.

I've always said that fans are unrealistic about their GM until they ACTUALLY take the time to observe what the rest of the GMs across the league have done. Its always relative and without a baseline you have no fucking clue how good or bad you have it.

Having the worst President/GM in the league in Gar/Pax, operating in this city, you would think people would notice when a GM is actually bad.

Having Emery, one of the worst GM's in franchise history, you think people would notice when a GM is actually bad.

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Pro Tip: Most First Time GM's inhereting a bad roster have a bad record, including the best GM/Coach of all time. So for you to base your analysis of pace's body of work on his record is a noob tip.

Another Pro Tip: For you not to understand that is ridiculous.
Correct.

My original statement was he still has a lot to prove (like winning a playoff game), so saying things like "he should have a statue at halas hall" is as ridiculous as it gets.

No one claimed Bill B was great before he was. You didn't see people ready to erect statues while he had no SB victories. People are crowning Pace because we had a singular good season and an irrelevant post season. This is what being a loser franchise looks like, this is how far we've sunk.

Perhaps this helps a bit.

msadows

Liked Posts:
No i would have to actually do something to get banned which i haven't done sooooo........Why so mad?

Careful, he might find an underlying oppressive tone to your posts and cite you.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
As i said, i get that it turned out bad but it's funny how people think Pace should of known before signing him.

So with regard to A Hicks, who averaged less than 2.5 sacks a season prior to his 3 yrs of averaging 7.5+ for the Bears you would say:
As i said, i get that it turned out good but it's funny how people think Pace should of known before signing him.

You can't have one without the other. Pace has improved this team every season as a GM, but it's not like he hasn't made some horrible decisions, just like every GM. Excusing all his faulty signings makes your praise of his good ones less relevant

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I'm totally fine with not comparing them, but I'm not the one bringing it up in the first place. When people make statements like "he inherited an old horrible roster" they are, in essence, comparing him to other GMs and acting like they also aren't inheriting bad teams. Pro tip: almost every GM inherits a bad team when they are a fresh hire. This isn't exclusive to Pace/the bears ffs.

For you not to understand that is ridiculous.

Ummmmmmm but i do understand that GM's get their job because most of the time that team sucked but doesn't mean their roster sucked like ours did. The overhaul Pace did was as much as i think i've ever seen from a new GM. I mean he completely tore that roster down and got rid of names people were on here crying about for years to build it back up the long and hard way. He made some bad signing in the first few years of the rebuild but he made sure he could get out of those contracts after just one year so if they worked out then great and if they didn't then they go. It was a process and i just can't see how you can compare any other rebuild to Pace's is all.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
No i would have to actually do something to get banned which i haven't done sooooo........Why so mad?
Not mad at all!

I was just confused what you meant by "wish certain mods could deliver in their jobs".

msadows

Liked Posts:
Ummmmmmm but i do understand that GM's get their job because most of the time that team sucked but doesn't mean their roster sucked like ours did. The overhaul Pace did was as much as i think i've ever seen from a new GM. I mean he completely tore that roster down and got rid of names people were on here crying about for years to build it back up the long and hard way. He made some bad signing in the first few years of the rebuild but he made sure he could get out of those contracts after just one year so if they worked out then great and if they didn't then they go. It was a process and i just can't see how you can compare any other rebuild to Pace's is all.

He had the leagues worst defense and a bottom 10 offense when he took over.

That's rare.

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
What?

You have no baseline what so ever. I get the feeling you only follow the bears and not really the rest of the NFL, judging by how meatballish all your posts are always.

There's been tons and tons of GMs taking over teams in a worse spot than the bears were.

The pace rebuild most likely falls somewhere right in the middle.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
So with regard to A Hicks, who averaged less than 2.5 sacks a season prior to his 3 yrs of averaging 7.5+ for the Bears you would say:
As i said, i get that it turned out good but it's funny how people think Pace should of known before signing him.

You can't have one without the other. Pace has improved this team every season as a GM, but it's not like he hasn't made some horrible decisions, just like every GM. Excusing all his faulty signings makes your praise of his good ones less relevant

I get your point but i think you realize it's a little different that just because the way it is in the NFL is to blame the GM for anything that goes wrong with any players he signed or drafted doesn't make it right. It's like when a QB throws the ball to a WR and the ball goes off his WR's hands and into the defenders hands for the INT and the QB gets a INT on his stats, but was it really the QB's fault?

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Correct.

My original statement was he still has a lot to prove (like winning a playoff game), so saying things like "he should have a statue at halas hall" is as ridiculous as it gets.

No one claimed Bill B was great before he was. You didn't see people ready to erect statues while he had no SB victories. People are crowning Pace because we had a singular good season and an irrelevant post season. This is what being a loser franchise looks like, this is how far we've sunk.

Perhaps this helps a bit.
Talking about erecting statues at Halas Hall is silly. That's 3+ SB win territory. But it's also silly to act like Pace is a bad GM. He is a huge part of the Bears being relevant again.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
What?

You have no baseline what so ever. I get the feeling you only follow the bears and not really the rest of the NFL, judging by how meatballish all your posts are always.

There's been tons and tons of GMs taking over teams in a worse spot than the bears were.

The pace rebuild most likely falls somewhere right in the middle.

SMDH...back to comparing i see.

msadows

Liked Posts:
By DVOA, he inherited the 19th best offense, and the 32nd best defense in the nfl.

And 5/11 of the offensive starters were over 30 with no serviceable depth. I'd say thats quite an uphill battle.

He didn't just inherit the product of a failed GM, he inherited the product of two failed GM's.