Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I mean best scenario for the bears is that other teams think we could trade fields so they give up a little more for the top spot. I won’t care unless they actually do it in which case I’ll cancel my season tickets I’m out.

I've said this here before, but the Bears don't really benefit by pretending they're interested in trading Fields. When you have the 1st pick, you can use other team's bids against each other to drive up the price. They don't need to use themselves.

Plus, it would be extremely easy for a team to call the Bears bluff.

Other team interested in a QB: What do you want for the 1st pick?

Bears: Oh idk if we want to trade that... we really like a QB that we're considering taking.

Them: ok, cool. What do you want for Fields then?

If we aren't interested in trading Fields, then they'll know we're full of shit about being interested in a QB at 1. That, or they think we are interested in one of the d-lineman and turn their focus to trading up with the Cardinals at a shot at drafting the #2 QB on the board behind the Texans.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I've said this here before, but the Bears don't really benefit by pretending they're interested in trading Fields. When you have the 1st pick, you can use other team's bids against each other to drive up the price. They don't need to use themselves.

Plus, it would be extremely easy for a team to call the Bears bluff.

Other team interested in a QB: What do you want for the 1st pick?

Bears: Oh idk if we want to trade that... we really like a QB that we're considering taking.

Them: ok, cool. What do you want for Fields then?

If we aren't interested in trading Fields, then they'll know we're full of shit about being interested in a QB at 1. That, or they think we are interested in one of the d-lineman and turn their focus to trading up with the Cardinals at a shot at drafting the #2 QB on the board behind the Texans.
Yeah, I don't understand how people don't get this.

Did teams call Jacksonville with trade offers the year they drafted Trevor Lawrence. No. Because Jax needed a QB.

If the Bears are looking like they will draft a QB, teams will be looking to trade to the #3 spot.

The Bears can't simultaneously announce to the world they want to trade Fields and then get an offer too good to pas sup and keep Fields.

I don't believe they will trade Fields and this will be moot, but if they were seriously looking to do so, they'd be fielding offers for their QB, not the #1 pick.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
This is now being regurgitated everywhere. I can’t see how this drives up the price of the #1 pick. Can someone explain to me how that works…?

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
Maybe I'm biased but if Fields were really on the block wouldn't qb needy teams also be bidding against each other to get him?

Are people actually thinking the Bears can get a haul for the #1 pick but only like a 5th for one of the most dynamic young qbs in the NFL?

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Maybe I'm biased but if Fields were really on the block wouldn't qb needy teams also be bidding against each other to get him?

Are people actually thinking the Bears can get a haul for the #1 pick but only like a 5th for one of the most dynamic young qbs in the NFL?
There isn't much allure to a quarterback who still needs to learn how to pass. Especially going into his third season.

TezMaKai

Liked Posts:
There isn't much allure to a quarterback who still needs to learn how to pass. Especially going into his third season.

7,000 posts and only 5 likes. You literally consume more McDonald's breakfasts in a day than your total number of likes in the 2 and a half years since you've been on ccs. That's horribly impressive.

mecha

Liked Posts:
Lol at calling a CCS writer a "shithead". Put down the pipe.
Biff is a shithead with poor takes that has a history of being so toxic he completely alienated his BearsFan51 account to pose as a legitimate journalist. Sigler is a decent human being that uses clickbait titles like every other free publication does, who cares?

I can see why Biff is appealing to you. you think being different like @Black Rainbow is a good thing.