The Walking Dead

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I miss rick losing his shit and going on killing rampages.

The thing I really enjoyed about Rick was that he wasn't a movie style killing machine...he got his ass kicked repeatedly.
Then he would get tired of getting his ass beat and just murder everyone.

The commonwealth could use a good mass murder.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
There is no way this franchise can support a movie at this point I think that ship has sailed a long time ago lol

airtime143

CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
There is no way this franchise can support a movie at this point I think that ship has sailed a long time ago lol
Yeah- i would say I was more invested than many when rick left, and now I would much rather have them wrap it all up and move on.

I just have fatigue with these characters and the played out story lines.
With the coming and going of the main actors, they diluted the shit out of the show- a couple years without Maggie and that was just fine with me...then they bring her back and I spend every second hoping she gets chomped.

If they started a show in a new spot with new people I would totally give it a shot though.
I am pretty pumped to see the single serving stories in the new show starting August 14th.
Mostly because I want to see Terry crews in that world.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:

I have already lost interest and they have not even been green lit for production yet.

They completely botched Andrew Lincoln wanting to leave the show. I would have let Negan kill him at the end of season seven. Literally no one would have seen it coming and then you have everyone living for the Saviors until the Whisperers enter the storyline to level the playing field.

Then you branch out your spin offs from there.

Daryl, Carol and Ezekiel head to the Commonwealth to help save Ezekiel.

Maggie and Negan stay behind with a shaky alliance after being forced to all work together to overcome Alpha and her horde. Then you work in characters like the Repears to cement the bond.

Hindsight and all, but it should have been this obvious to the showrunners. Instead we got a subpar showrunner and a subpar show.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
I have already lost interest and they have not even been green lit for production yet.

They completely botched Andrew Lincoln wanting to leave the show. I would have let Negan kill him at the end of season seven. Literally no one would have seen it coming and then you have everyone living for the Saviors until the Whisperers enter the storyline to level the playing field.

Then you branch out your spin offs from there.

Daryl, Carol and Ezekiel head to the Commonwealth to help save Ezekiel.

Maggie and Negan stay behind with a shaky alliance after being forced to all work together to overcome Alpha and her horde. Then you work in characters like the Repears to cement the bond.

Hindsight and all, but it should have been this obvious to the showrunners. Instead we got a subpar showrunner and a subpar show.
You’re right they should have just killed Rick off. But I would have prob cast an older Carl and the one to take over for Rick. Idk how I’ve lasted this long watching this I guess I just want to see it finished since I’ve invested so much time into it lol

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
You’re right they should have just killed Rick off. But I would have prob cast an older Carl and the one to take over for Rick.

Or just use an older and more badass version of Judith.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Or just use an older and more badass version of Judith.

They should've kept Carl alive, re-cast him when Rick leaves, and make sure to cast a new series lead.

New Rick (Carl) then just kinda keeps going after Rick dies/leaves.

I think crap like Judith and Daryl have been clear deviations by the show, but they've been dead weight since Rick left.

The Judith actress is cute and all, but they really just seem to make up BS plot lines where she's in danger and kinda does w/e Rick/Carl/Michonne/Any-other-actual-TWD-character might do, and/or gets rescued in the nick of time.

Daryl used to be fun because he'd go on the missions and you thought "Well he's not even in the comics, he could die at any moment."

But then he became this fixture with more plot armor than Glen, quite literally, and then Rick left and he got even more plot armor.

He's attached to the plot like a barnacle on a ship's hull.

I get the sense Angela Kang ruined the show, the writing, the tone, the woke bullshit, etc.

Just not sure why?

airtime143

CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Every leader on that show is already a woman lol. This feminist shit is boring and unrealistic and just overdone.
I think the only realistic woman leader they had was Jadis.
This lady running the commonwealth seems to be a legit menace.
I also bought the broad that started Alexandria.

The common theme with them is they can be normal people. They can be nice, they can be weak, they can be stupid.

With the rest of the female leaders they put out there, they tried their best to make them act badass every second. It is just ridiculous.

The most terrifying of all the leaders they ever had on the show was the governor.
He was completely charming and cool headed at times, and completely psychotic other times.

Negan was intimidating, but at least you always knew who you were dealing with.
Even then, he could fuck around and laugh it up. He didn't walk around in badass mode 24/7.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Judith actress is cute and all, but they really just seem to make up BS plot lines

Another botched moment.

Shane's love child raised by a kitana wielding badass should have wrote itself better than some cute banter with Negan. I thought they may still trend that way after she fires on Negan in that one episode, but they started walking back with her almost immediately and has already started to fade into the background of banality.

The final eight episodes is supposed to include another time jump, so maybe she gets as nother shot at being badass. However, I have lost faith in anything badass happening in Angela Kang's Walking Dead show.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Another botched moment.

Shane's love child raised by a kitana wielding badass should have wrote itself better than some cute banter with Negan. I thought they may still trend that way after she fires on Negan in that one episode, but they started walking back with her almost immediately and has already started to fade into the background of banality.

The final eight episodes is supposed to include another time jump, so maybe she gets as nother shot at being badass. However, I have lost faith in anything badass happening in Angela Kang's Walking Dead show.

I just hope to see more of Eugene weeping while a woman comforts him.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I think the only realistic woman leader they had was Jadis.
This lady running the commonwealth seems to be a legit menace.
I also bought the broad that started Alexandria.

The common theme with them is they can be normal people. They can be nice, they can be weak, they can be stupid.

With the rest of the female leaders they put out there, they tried their best to make them act badass every second. It is just ridiculous.

The most terrifying of all the leaders they ever had on the show was the governor.
He was completely charming and cool headed at times, and completely psychotic other times.

Negan was intimidating, but at least you always knew who you were dealing with.
Even then, he could fuck around and laugh it up. He didn't walk around in badass mode 24/7.

I found it funny that the Kang Gang couldn't seem to figure out how to write a genuine female leader.

Every situation was much the same.

The story would often have male leaders, because men tend to use brute strength to force leadership in hunter-gatherer type communities.

But then they'd die or disappear.... Hershel, The Governor, Rick, Negan, Jesus, etc.

And women would then step in to kinda-sorta be in charge.

In Alexandria they did a council after Rick left, but it was mostly run by Michonne's dictatorship, which she ended by taking a boat to find guns for a reason none of us remember now.

In Hilltop they put Maggie in charge, because people put Maggie in charge wherever she goes without a whole ton of thought.

But Maggie abandoned her post as leader of Hilltop and left Jesus to lead, for a reason none of us were ever really given.... something something about sorrow over Glen's death.

Carol is a strong female leader who uses every opportunity to shirk responsibility and go on any mission that might get her killed, because she's still sad about Sophia.

Tara kinda-sorta took over when Jesus died and everyone looked at her like "You're 2nd in command bish."

Then she got her fucking head cut off like the rest of those idiots on the pikes.

FTR Women do know how to lead, they do it every fucking day, and it doesn't look like this mess of a shitshow.

Kang should be ashamed of both the disaster of a story TWD has become and how shitty her supposed feminist diatribes actually end up treating the female characters of the show.

As if female empowerment comes more from a tiny girl with a sword from her adopted mother who abandoned her to go look for guns, than it does from say continuing Tara's story and making her the proper leader of Hilltop, the way the Maggie character was meant to be.

Fuck do I know, I've only watched this show 11 years.

airtime143

CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
So I got impatient and watched the new tales of the walking dead.
It was cheesy and fun.

Without giving much away, I rolled my eyes at a thing or two due to ptsd from the direction of the main show, but at the end of the show it was just setup for a fun, cheesy show rather than commentary.
A neat single serving with no Canon involved.
They started with Terry Crews, so that helped.

The next episode looks like it could be super amusing- it appears to be an office setting at the initial moment of outbreak.

I know there is a pre head shave alpha episode coming, so I will have to get past that, but I think I might enjoy the rest.
After 3 shows of drama, it is fun to see the world through an almost comedic, drama free glimpse in to a random sampling of people.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I think if someone just wrote the entire World War Z book into TV episodes they'd make bank.

Its built so each chapter is a nice little contained story and each episode could be 1 of those, even if the episode lengths are 20-60 minutes ala Black Summer.

This model would be particularly advantageous to TWD's woke writer room because they'd have far more opportunities for adjustment.

Another option could be to take some of the most interesting chapters in World War Z and then building anthology seasons that are self-contained similar to the book chapters.

Any model that keeps them from filling out some diversity cast template and then cycling thru the same story template for 10 seasons.

Idk who out there thinks it is a good idea to produce creative product in the same way as you produce Leinenkugel Sampler packs, but they need to stop.

airtime143

CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Imagine them having unlimited control to blow their wads on their perfect characters as catharsis in single or even double episode format and then being able to actually focus on a zombie apocalypse story rather than agenda.
Might have made the series better.

Your comment about following comics strikes a chord with me on this show- if they followed the comic stories, it could have ended well, no matter what changes they made character wise.
Leveling up the challenges and threats worked well.

A show spawned from a comic that when you watched through that savior war, you could condense the show back in to a comic book.

You take the Kang years and throw them in to comic form, 90% of the panels are talk, 8% of the panels are story advancement, and the rest are maybe someone stabbing a zombie.

When you look at it that way, it is no wonder the audience fled.
Kang turned the show in to a judy blume book rather than a comic.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Imagine them having unlimited control to blow their wads on their perfect characters as catharsis in single or even double episode format and then being able to actually focus on a zombie apocalypse story rather than agenda.
Might have made the series better.

Your comment about following comics strikes a chord with me on this show- if they followed the comic stories, it could have ended well, no matter what changes they made character wise.
Leveling up the challenges and threats worked well.

A show spawned from a comic that when you watched through that savior war, you could condense the show back in to a comic book.

You take the Kang years and throw them in to comic form, 90% of the panels are talk, 8% of the panels are story advancement, and the rest are maybe someone stabbing a zombie.

When you look at it that way, it is no wonder the audience fled.
Kang turned the show in to a judy blume book rather than a comic.

I hate to be this blunt, but...

It was a TV show based on a Zombie Apocalypse comic series written/completed by a middle-aged White Man.

It was successful when run by Scott Gimple, where they mostly just translated the comic stories into TV episodes.

It became unsuccessful when run by Angela Kang, where they clearly began implementing a feminist ideology in both the casting and story.

Seems obvious to me that she was not the right person for the job, and part of it is her gender perspective along with her underlying politics/ideology.

Get this shit out of the shows, out of the sports, out of the normal discourse.

If they want to experiment with bullshit concepts that pretend Men are weaker than Women, they can do it on Netflix.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
There is a reason why Netflix/hbo is in the dumps. Go look at their top ten line up it paints the big picture lol. But that’s about 95% of the content we get out of Hollywood these days it’s really hard to find anything to watch. I’m prob going to go through all my subs and start canceling

airtime143

CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
So I watched next weeks tales of the walking dead last night.. the 8-21 episode.
This little run of episodes seems to be made just for irreverent fun.
A couple broads get the zombie groundhog day treatment.
Bizarre and pointless and funny.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
There is a reason why Netflix/hbo is in the dumps. Go look at their top ten line up it paints the big picture lol. But that’s about 95% of the content we get out of Hollywood these days it’s really hard to find anything to watch. I’m prob going to go through all my subs and start canceling

I find myself constantly going back and rewatching old seasons/movies that were good before the overly woke time.

Everything now the characters are dime-a-dozen, diversity casting, never remember their names, they'll be gone or irrelevant in a few episodes anyways.

And main characters with star power now have so much fucking plot armor it makes most stories kinda DOA for me.

Just think how many times you watch a show or movie now and think "Wow so their fucking helicopter crashed in the middle of the jungle, but 30 seconds later here we are in some city 9000 miles away"

To the point Dany on Game of Thrones started Delta Dragon for John and his buddies to take a commuter flight north of the Wall.

Like the writers/producers don't seem to even check their work to see if it makes logical/human sense.

I guess no need when you see all your work as disposable.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
The walking soap opera is back is anyone excited for this to end? Lol