The Walking Dead

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I didnt know people still watched this. I was a trooper and stuck it out for awhile but then, I was just done

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Well spinoffs so guaranteed no to that ending, though it'd be gr8.

I get the sense we're about to find out that the zombie virus evolved (sound familiar?) and became weaker (sound familiar?) and so the zombies are smarter, but now their bites can kill you, but not if you have a hospital that can help you with IV drugs and whatnot until your system fights off the virus.

So a bunch of our main characters are gonna get bitten, and then survive the onslaught by some miracle savior moment (Rick? Michonne?)

Episode prolly ends with Lydia getting her arm re-attached and Jerry going to jail retroactively for chopping it off when he coulda just given her some ibuprofen.
I’m not messing with the spin offs I’m ready for it all to end

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
An uninteresting lame ending. I’m done with the whole franchise, should have been done years ago but is stuck it out

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
Well spinoffs so guaranteed no to that ending, though it'd be gr8.

I get the sense we're about to find out that the zombie virus evolved (sound familiar?) and became weaker (sound familiar?) and so the zombies are smarter, but now their bites can kill you, but not if you have a hospital that can help you with IV drugs and whatnot until your system fights off the virus.

So a bunch of our main characters are gonna get bitten, and then survive the onslaught by some miracle savior moment (Rick? Michonne?)

Episode prolly ends with Lydia getting her arm re-attached and Jerry going to jail retroactively for chopping it off when he coulda just given her some ibuprofen.

True, with the spin-off hopeful producers, they aren't killing everyone at the end, but that would be a good conclusion.

Of course, I don't see why they can't do the "alternate universe thing" for the spinoffs. It's a popular device to bring in some very, very, very needed novelty to this series.

Rick and Michonne coming in for the finale would be appropriate...

Taking out the lady of the Commonwealth is such a painfully obvious conclusion.

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
In the most vague, non spoiler terms, there was one single thing about the finale I liked.
Zeke.

Beyond that, uninspired, lame, boring, predictable, and just what I would jave expected from Kang.

Walking dead from beginning through the saviors storyline- one of the great all time shows.

From then on- mindless, zero depth crap.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
In the most vague, non spoiler terms, there was one single thing about the finale I liked.
Zeke.

So I am just going to assume anyone still posting in this thread is either already seen the finale or at least has the sense to stay away until they have so.....

****SPOILERS*****

I appreciated that the zombies were heavily featured and the "zomblosion" was the most badass scene this show had in forever. They even threw in some season one call backs showcasing the zombie with the rock getting the job done this time.

I still think they flubbed the evolving zombie thing, but gotta leave some new ideas for the "Walking Dead Universe".

Beyond that, uninspired, lame, boring, predictable, and just what I would jave expected from Kang.

Pretty much.

Even their sacrificial lamb, Rosita, still gets this Disney Princess Perfect ending in a white satin bed. No days of slowly letting that fever eat you alive, just Aunt Rosita fading away in hospice care.

I mean you couldn't have just given me one more brutal moment and had her and the little one savagely torn to pieces when you had the chance?

So my parting shots of this show are of Eugene getting his nauseating happily ever after, despite being the character that deserves it the least, and the incredibly forced "goodbye" scene between Carol & Daryl because Angela Kang is a total pussy of a writer.

Speaking of which, almost every line Negan had in that episode was next level cringe. I have lost all admiration for that character and lost all respect for Maggie, who slaughtered the Repears over some randos she holed up with for a few years, but let Negan off with nothing more than a Hallmark card speech.

I have no interest in their post apocalyptic version of the "Odd Couple".

Daryll Dixon was not even a strong enough character to carry this show, so I am not watching a show about just him.

That leaves the "Rick & Michonne Show" as their best chance to win me back because I have seriously missed Rick Grimes.

Walking dead from beginning through the saviors storyline- one of the great all time shows.

It all goes back to Andrew Lincoln wanting the leave the show. They mishandled it badly and never really recovered. Then with all these aspirations of movies and spinoffs, the last two seasons felt more like going through the motions of getting through the comic storyline than any sort of real closure on a really good series.

Oh well...I am finally reading the comics now. Maybe that will give me the closure I felt ripped off on last night.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The series finale of The Walking Dead was really just a setup episode and trailer for 3 new shows, plus Fear the Walking Dead.

All 4 shows will probably crossover and/or follow a larger narrative arc which is weaved through all 4 shows.

Much like the MCU shows on Disney+ you'll kinda have to watch all the shows if you want to keep current on all characters.

I feel like they're doing some smart things to pump life into TWD Universe, but its too late for me as a viewer.

Sad, I was hoping to get a conclusion to Rick's story if nothing else.

airtime143

CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I appreciated that the zombies were heavily featured and the "zomblosion" was the most badass scene this show had in forever. They even threw in some season one call backs showcasing the zombie with the rock getting the job done this time.

I still think they flubbed the evolving zombie thing, but gotta leave some new ideas for the "Walking Dead Universe".

There were a ton of callback shots/situations/statements in the last episode... looking for them might be amusing if I ever feel like watching it again. (one that really stood out was watching that chick get consumed through a glass door- reminded me of glen in the revolving door)

The varients using tools and whatnot are really the only compelling reason for me to watch Daryls spinoff- He is heading to ground zero for those zombies, and there are some living people who know what went down and how.

I want to see how they justify varients existing since the beginning, yet never being part of the show.

(I am sure you have seen it, but for those who havent- the last 5 minutes of "world beyond" tees up the varients, via video exchange from the doctor at the cdc in atlanta from season 1)

Even their sacrificial lamb, Rosita, still gets this Disney Princess Perfect ending in a white satin bed. No days of slowly letting that fever eat you alive, just Aunt Rosita fading away in hospice care.

I mean you couldn't have just given me one more brutal moment and had her and the little one savagely torn to pieces when you had the chance?

Agree wholeheartedly.
She deserved a death in battle- perhaps a greater good sacrifice setting off the explosion.
I can think of only one single path to her dying as she did that I would feel was acceptable.
She drops, Eugene finally mans up for once, and bombs out the window to get her up and out- sacrificing himself for the kid.

I very much wanted to see zeke lead the commonwealth, so that was cool.

Beyond that, I expected far more main character deaths, far larger stakes, and more of a closing of the book on everything.

I at least expected a skeleton of how they are taking control of the world- zombie free perimeter, trade channels, widespread communication... but nothing.
Just "we are all alive and chilling out like we did in the prison and Alexandria and hilltop".

All in all, it was like the last few seasons. forgettable.

airtime143

CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
The series finale of The Walking Dead was really just a setup episode and trailer for 3 new shows, plus Fear the Walking Dead.

All 4 shows will probably crossover and/or follow a larger narrative arc which is weaved through all 4 shows.

Much like the MCU shows on Disney+ you'll kinda have to watch all the shows if you want to keep current on all characters.

I feel like they're doing some smart things to pump life into TWD Universe, but its too late for me as a viewer.

Sad, I was hoping to get a conclusion to Rick's story if nothing else.
That Rick/michonne montage was slapdash at best.
There was no real tease as to what is to come.

taking the scenes literally and guessing.... Rick and michonne can communicate via messages in bottles, but are too stupid to actually connect. At the very least, Michonne should leave a note in the boots that belong to rick she is carrying around so he doesnt have to slop around with caveman toes.

BBBF

Liked Posts:
Just watched the final episode. Aside from the first few episodes, the entire series has always been disappointing, but that was just so bad. In no way does it make me want to watch any of the spinoffs.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
That Rick/michonne montage was slapdash at best.
There was no real tease as to what is to come.

taking the scenes literally and guessing.... Rick and michonne can communicate via messages in bottles, but are too stupid to actually connect. At the very least, Michonne should leave a note in the boots that belong to rick she is carrying around so he doesnt have to slop around with caveman toes.

Rick survived the original Day-Z and yet is slopping around barefoot near live zombies, one bite and its over.

He's wearing lots of clothes, rip SOMETHING into strips and wrap it around your feet for the most basic of protections.

Also, in a world where EVA foam is in such supply they mass produce stormtrooper armor, I'd think Rick could find a pair of shoes... even flip flops from a dead Walgreens.

It wreaks of "He doesn't need shoes, he'll walk barefoot to get back to her!"

cringe

That "romance" was contrived bullshit with no chemistry in the main show and now they're gonna drive an entire narrative off of Rick being a damsel in distress while Michonne literally rides in on a horse with a sword like a Samurai-Girlknight.

I've had more than enough of Angela Kang's world view lol.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
That "romance" was contrived bullshit with no chemistry in the main show and now they're gonna drive an entire narrative off of Rick being a damsel in distress while Michonne literally rides in on a horse with a sword like a Samurai-Girlknight.

Hate to admit it, but you are absolutely right and I have little interest in seeing that drivel either.

Just should have let Lucille do her thing at the end of season eight and let Rick die with his son and some freaking dignity.

airtime143

CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Rick survived the original Day-Z and yet is slopping around barefoot near live zombies, one bite and its over.

He's wearing lots of clothes, rip SOMETHING into strips and wrap it around your feet for the most basic of protections.

Also, in a world where EVA foam is in such supply they mass produce stormtrooper armor, I'd think Rick could find a pair of shoes... even flip flops from a dead Walgreens.

It wreaks of "He doesn't need shoes, he'll walk barefoot to get back to her!"

cringe

I've had more than enough of Angela Kang's world view lol.

It just dawned on me as soon as you mentioned rick surviving day 1... he walked/biked home barefoot in his hospital smock.
is there a requirement for rick to start every series barefoot?

If the rick/ Michonne series is just them trying to hunt each other down.....boring.

All we really know is that the CRM is going to be chasing rick.
What could his importance to them possibly be? They are already damaged, left with one settlement, and out of all their nerve agent or whatever the fuck it was they used to kill the settlements.

They will have a hard time convincing me that rick is important enough to send a chopper after. What could he possibly offer them, what could he possibly have of theirs?

I am just seeing very little in the way of options for a compelling story for the series.

The only possible path for a decent long term story would be that the scientists are getting close to a cure in the CRM, they need data and rick has it.
Maybe that is how Daryl winds up in europe. Getting the hard drives that lady was trying to get at the end of world beyond, ultimately tying Daryl and Rick back together.

Who the hell knows.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
They will have a hard time convincing me that rick is important enough to send a chopper after. What could he possibly offer them, what could he possibly have of theirs?

I won't try to guess specifics, but two things I do know. There was a significant time jump in TWD after his disappearance which leaves a large window for large events to unfold unbeknownst to us and that World Beyond show letting us know that the Trash Lady that saves Rick is kinda big shit with the CRM now.

That is more the story I am looking for. What happened to Rick since he got on that helicopter, not what happened to Michonne after she abandoned her children to run off sniffing cowboy boots.

But of course they are going to fuck this up too.

airtime143

CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I won't try to guess specifics, but two things I do know. There was a significant time jump in TWD after his disappearance which leaves a large window for large events to unfold unbeknownst to us and that World Beyond show letting us know that the Trash Lady that saves Rick is kinda big shit with the CRM now.

That is more the story I am looking for. What happened to Rick since he got on that helicopter, not what happened to Michonne after she abandoned her children to run off sniffing cowboy boots.

But of course they are going to fuck this up too.

The bolded made me LOL.

I am curious as to what they had rick doing- but it sucks knowing that the CRM has been for all intents and purposes crippled and reduced to a single location.

My hatred for the way Kang turned the show in to scattered garbage cannot be overstated, because there were so damn many threads left hanging before her arrival that should have been incorporated back in for resolution.

Kangs disregard for said threads was just a missed opportunity to create anticipation.

The CRM was an insidious presence throughout the early seasons. The chopper appearances, the junkyard, and I always thought the disappearance of Heath and the hospital in atlanta (where beth died) were related to what we came to know as the CRM.

It was well set up to be the final enemy, and I appreciated it because it was 100% removed from the comics- there was no guessing what it would be, it was a construct of the tv show itself, and they really put effort in pointing out they were skulking around out there.

Then, Lincoln ducks out of the series, and they squander all of that buildup as an out for rick and nothing more.
There was zero chance that ricks out was the initial purpose of planting the CRM. It was just a convenient plot device that they squandered.

Until it was all derailed by people leaving and showrunners changing, with storylines being shit out at random, I always thought the helicopter people were the final large scale war, which would have been great.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I am going to treat TWD's new shows the same as I'm treating thee GoT spinoffs.

- Survive more than 1 season.
- Get highly positive reviews from people of all stripes.
- Produce that same high quality for 3 seasons.

If they can hit on these 3 I may change my tune and give em a shot.

Modern shows often try to wow in opening episode(s) and then cut costs/quality once the average viewer has bought in.

In the past, if I watched and enjoyed at least 1 episode of a show, I would keep watching, based on the actors/premise.

Instead of making content for an audience with an adult attention span, they started making quantity of content to feed the ever-growing problem of the person with a shrinking attention span and a limited amount of intelligence/awareness.

I think its become a feedback loop where they have to keep making larger volume of lower quality shows in order to compete in this market, but the kind of content they make is stupid and leads to audiences with patience and attention that if offered in smaller and smaller quantity.

Apple+ is a model to follow and improve upon IMO, fewer shows of higher quality where the stupidity of the viewer is not assumed not cultivated.

We don't need MOAR we need BETTER.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
So I am just going to assume anyone still posting in this thread is either already seen the finale or at least has the sense to stay away until they have so.....

****SPOILERS*****

Pretty much.

So my parting shots of this show are of Eugene getting his nauseating happily ever after, despite being the character that deserves it the least, and the incredibly forced "goodbye" scene between Carol & Daryl because Angela Kang is a total pussy of a writer.

Speaking of which, almost every line Negan had in that episode was next level cringe. I have lost all admiration for that character and lost all respect for Maggie, who slaughtered the Repears over some randos she holed up with for a few years, but let Negan off with nothing more than a Hallmark card speech.

I have no interest in their post apocalyptic version of the "Odd Couple".

Daryll Dixon was not even a strong enough character to carry this show, so I am not watching a show about just him.

That leaves the "Rick & Michonne Show" as their best chance to win me back because I have seriously missed Rick Grimes.

It all goes back to Andrew Lincoln wanting the leave the show. They mishandled it badly and never really recovered. Then with all these aspirations of movies and spinoffs, the last two seasons felt more like going through the motions of getting through the comic storyline than any sort of real closure on a really good series.

Oh well...I am finally reading the comics now. Maybe that will give me the closure I felt ripped off on last night.
This whole series turned into a soap opera that is tolerable to the male audience... They will 100% Milk it entirely dry. Guaranteed.