The Workout/Diet Thread

Mitchapalooza

Since Aussie e-suicided, I thought I'd bring back a thread to talk about dieting/working out.

Currently I'm at ~165lbs at 5'11. My goal weight was 170, but I lost another 5 lbs.

As of now I'm happy with how I look. Abs are starting to come in, I look a lot more cut than I used to. I like the lean look, I don't think I'm gonna bulk. No real desire to.

What are your current goals?

Feel free to post any workout/diet tips as well.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Roughly 75% of my caloric intake comes from fat and I've never been more slim in my adult life. Think about it. It's a thinker.

ChadKelly

Liked Posts:
d4710d2c12f4942fe94b1255dbe53f5c2a2cffaa26d38d22cda79df5eacf59a4.jpg

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
For fun, check out some of the old workout threads where RosettaStoned talks tons of shit to nwfisch. Good times.

ShiftyDevil

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Washington Huskies
Working on cutting body weight still, next goal is to get under 200. At that point it will be less about making the overall number lower and more about lowering body fat and increasing muscle mass.

I'm strictly limiting calories (under 1500 a day, most days around 1200) and doing pretty basic weight lifting routine. The core of which is:

Workout A: Squats, Bench, Rows
Workout B: Deadlift, Shoulder Press, Pull ups

I work extra arms/back/legs in there depending on what I feel like (and obviously warm up, usually on a bike or row machine). I have an elliptical in my office that I jump on through out the day (make's unending conference calls a little less pointless). Once I'm happier with my general level of strength I'll figure out something a little less basic.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I'm such an unhealthy fat fuck.

I am 5'11" and 228 as of yesterday

At one point like 18 months ago I got down to 218 and then it went to shit.

My most recent change to my diet has been to work on cutting sugar as much as possible.

Two big sources were my morning oatmeal cups and my coffee, 5 days a week, ok calorie count but too much sugar.

I prep 5 servings of steel cut oatmeal on Sundays, and I get my coffee cream-only.

Also I am doing physical therapy for my knee, so I get a 60-70 minute workout 3 days a week right now, including 10 mins of cardio on an elliptical.

I have dropped from the 230-234 range to 228-232 over the past 2-3 weeks.... fingers crossed.

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm still trying to gain weight. 6'1 and 172lbs. Trying to get to a healthy 185 with 14% body fat. My workouts are your typical push/pull/leg/core split. Right now my maintenance calories are about 3200. So I've been trying to eat more than that per day

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
5'10.875 post cut down to 168.5 lbs and lifted heavy thru the entire cut. Recently started doing sets where I start with under max @ 12 reps and decrease reps all the way down to 4 reps while increasing weight incrementally. For instance, rows start at 75 lbs x 12 reps and for my last 4 reps up to 150lbs. Seems to be working for building muscle mass well.

Preworkout 16 oz coffee, post workout 2 cans sardines and glass of choco milk, full fat. Currently over 4000 cals per day, high fat no sugar (except the nesquik) Not KETO but no junk most days. Goal weight on this run is 180, keeping my current 12% body fat.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I dropped a lot of weight over the last year. Went from around 230 to 190. I'm 6'2 and change. Didn't really do anything crazy, just smaller portions for the most part, avoided sugar (especially in drinks), and tried to eat a lot of vegetables, lean protein primarily, and whole grains. I don't really count calories or macro splits because it's too much of a pain in the ass for me, but I think I can guesstimate pretty well. When I start lifiting again I'll probably get a little more diligent about it (at least being concious of trying to hit protein gram targets). Eating more or less depending on what I'm trying to do, the scale, and my energy / recovery.

I've definitely lost some muscle mass in the process though because I haven't been in the gym for quite awhile. Thinking about going back soon. I'll probably do something like Stronglifts 5x5 from a programming standpoint, along with some accessory lifts at a higher volume (e.g. 3 x 12) to build up a decent base again.

Last edited:

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
I’m not dieting at all right now just bulking up. Come Jan 2 I will cut hardcore. It just seems pointless to diet during the holidays. I have about four more weeks of heavy lifts until I take rest of the year off

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm such an unhealthy fat fuck.

I am 5'11" and 228 as of yesterday

At one point like 18 months ago I got down to 218 and then it went to shit.

My most recent change to my diet has been to work on cutting sugar as much as possible.

Two big sources were my morning oatmeal cups and my coffee, 5 days a week, ok calorie count but too much sugar.

I prep 5 servings of steel cut oatmeal on Sundays, and I get my coffee cream-only.

Also I am doing physical therapy for my knee, so I get a 60-70 minute workout 3 days a week right now, including 10 mins of cardio on an elliptical.

I have dropped from the 230-234 range to 228-232 over the past 2-3 weeks.... fingers crossed.
Get hardcore and go IF.

ChadKelly

Liked Posts:
Get hardcore and go IF.

IF is hardcore? Just tell that round flesh mound not to eat anything at all. Remove the I and just fast, guy. At the same time, 5'11 228 doesnt sound too bad. 1-2 months of just water and he would be good enough to start pigging out again.

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'm thin, and it's hard for me to gain weight. This diet I'm on makes it even harder to gain weight. I already spend like $700 a month on food, so eating more (more $$) isn't really gonna work haha.

I do a full body workout every two days. I don't like the routine of doing arms one day, legs the next, chest and back the next, then arms again, etc. In one day, I hit it all, then recover over the next two days.

My goal is to get up to 165. I, too, have no desire to bulk. I prefer being lean and muscular, which I actually kind of am, but just too lean hahaa.

I've been the same weight for a few years now though, so I don't see major changes happening anytime soon.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
IF, is hardcore? Just tell that round flesh mound not to eat anything at all. Remove the I and just fast, guy. At the same time, 5'11 228 doesnt sound too bad. 1-2 months of just water and he would be good to start pigging out again.
IF is hardcore. People nowadays eat every few hours and most of them would consider going 16-20 hours without food life threatening but it is literally the best way to lose weight. Back to our roots, feast and then fast.

228 at 5'11'' would be categorized as obese.

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Roughly 75% of my caloric intake comes from fat and I've never been more slim in my adult life. Think about it. It's a thinker.

Same. The diet I'm on (autoimmune paleo diet) encourages meat and healthy fats, along with vegetables of course. I feel great, and my blood work is always good too.

High fat diets being bad is a myth. People are just eating the wrong kinds of fat.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
IF is hardcore. People nowadays eat every few hours and most of them would consider going 16-20 hours without food life threatening but it is literally the best way to lose weight. Back to our roots, feast and then fast.

I am a type 1 (insulin dependent) diabetic

I can't play these games with fasting.

I fast once a year for blood tests and often find myself crashing by morning.

Just cutting my sugar intake has caused me to crash because I need to adjust my dosage for meals and 24 hr.

I am working towards safe weight loss where I don't see-saw my blood sugar in the name of extreme changes in diet or eating habit.

ChadKelly

Liked Posts:

People would go days, weeks, even months without food. 16-20 hours of fasting isnt hardocre. 24-36 Hours should be the minimum time to fast. Even at 24-36 hours, thats still not even that hardcore.

Id link reddit but im not sure if thats allowed. many people there do long fasts, hardcore fasts.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
People would go days, weeks, even months without food. 16-20 hours of fasting isnt hardocre. 24-36 Hours should be the minimum time to fast. Even at 24-36 hours, thats still not even that hardcore.

Id link reddit but im not sure if thats allowed. many people there do long fasts, hardcore fasts.

Seems pretty hardcore to me, seeing as I would probably crash, slip into a coma, and then die.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Same. The diet I'm on (autoimmune paleo diet) encourages meat and healthy fats, along with vegetables of course. I feel great, and my blood work is always good too.

High fat diets being bad is a myth. People are just eating the wrong kinds of fat.
Exactly right. America's fat epidemic started right after fat was demonized in the 70s and all the low fat, heavily processed foods flooded the market.

I geared my diet towards keto but it's basically sames as you mentioned w/meat, eggs, healthy fats and veggies (mostly spinach and broccoli for me.)

Urblock

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Eat to live not live to eat. Treadmill will take off weight.