The Workout/Diet Thread

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Do you fast while doing Keto? With my line of work and weird hours, fasting is easy but what's recommended?

Can anyone reccomend some literature on the benefits of fasting and/or Keto?
I did do Intermittent Fasting and keto at the same time. It’s not necessary but really amplifies the effect as both aim to accomplish the same thing and doing both gets you there a whole lot faster.

I think Best book for keto is Keto Clarity. Best book for Intermittent Fasting is the Obesity Code by Jason Fung.

Last edited:

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Lol you said he could heal type 1 diabetes....

You sound like a fucking idiot.

Fung points to hormones, specifically insulin, being all important in weight management. Obviously somebody with type 1 diabetes can’t have that type control over their own insulin.

Unfortunately it’s that type condition that just seems irreversible once you’re diagnosed with it and put on insulin and can lead to other health problems. The treatment (insulin),alone, can lead to weight gain. But you know I and all your CCS brethren wish you nothing but the best of luck with it.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Fung points to hormones, specifically insulin, being all important in weight management. Obviously somebody with type 1 diabetes can’t have that type control over their own insulin.

Unfortunately it’s that type condition that just seems irreversible once you’re diagnosed with it and put on insulin and can lead to other health problems. The treatment (insulin),alone, can lead to weight gain. But you know I and all your CCS brethren wish you nothing but the best of luck with it.

Type 1 means your own body destroys the cells in your pancreas which produce insulin.

You are simply void of insulin production.... type 2 is a problem with production, not a 100% lack of production.

Type 1 has some "cures".... organ transplant.... cell transplants.... but the anti-rejection drugs are worse than managed type 1 diabetes.

I've actually gotten quite good at managing type 1.

A1c in the 5.7-6.5 range the last 15 years.

I just need to drop 30-40lbs and be healthier.

Fatman LOU

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I do what works for me , Every year the past 5 years i would get up too around 310-317 pounds and go to the gym for the winter months i was layed off and would drop about a pound a day doing mostly cardio / cardio weight training.Get backdown to 250 and go back to work.What worked for me was Treadmill walk up on different inclines and other things like 20-30 minutes on Jacobs ladder. I often mixed it up with Doggcrap training which i benefited the most. And then count my macros ,calories. Never tried to spend more than 90 minutes in the gym. Now that i'm retired, i didnt gain the weight i did when i was working. But i plan on getting back to the gym Dec 1st, just for cardio and maybe a little Doggcrap. Nothing serious anymore.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I do what works for me , Every year the past 5 years i would get up too around 310-317 pounds and go to the gym for the winter months i was layed off and would drop about a pound a day doing mostly cardio / cardio weight training.Get backdown to 250 and go back to work.What worked for me was Treadmill walk up on different inclines and other things like 20-30 minutes on Jacobs ladder. I often mixed it up with Doggcrap training which i benefited the most. And then count my macros ,calories. Never tried to spend more than 90 minutes in the gym. Now that i'm retired, i didnt gain the weight i did when i was working. But i plan on getting back to the gym Dec 1st, just for cardio and maybe a little Doggcrap. Nothing serious anymore.

The Bears needed Oline help and you never even fucking offered....

Fatman LOU

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Bears needed Oline help and you never even fucking offered....

Hey Ares you never answered my question in the Traeger grill thread.

Last edited:

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Also, if anyone with shoulder problems can tell me what you do to build muscle in the shoulder, it would be appreciated.

My left shoulder sucks and it's easily aggravated. I almost completely avoid exercises that isolate the shoulder muscles for that reason. Biceps and triceps coming along nicely, but my shoulder is lacking.

I had tons of grief with my left shoulder as well. messed it up when I was younger and it became a nagging thing during workouts... especially front raises and upright rows.
Seated rows and rear delt raises were fine.

I realized that I was not keeping my shoulder tight in the socket when doing the exercises that hurt. I spent a long, boring few months dropping the weight to tiny amounts and focusing on form.
Not quite sure if the improvement was better muscle memory and form or having 3-4 months of "rest", but nowadays if any joint gets sore I focus on form and it improves.

Fatman LOU

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I have Kienbocks disease in my right wrist. Doctor thinks i might have done some blunt force to it . Anyways i could never curl with my palms facing straight up like using a 45 lb olympic barbell. I could do everything thing else like dead lifts and all that . Weird

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
I did do Intermittent Fasting and keto at the same time. It’s not necessary but really amplifies the effect as both aim to accomplish the same thing and doing both gets you there a whole lot faster.

I think Best book for keto is Keto Clarity. Best book for Intermittent Fasting is the Obesity Code by Jason Fung.

Thanks. Books ordered.

Fatman LOU

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I've done the intermittent fasting . Lost lots of weight but you have to want to make the commitment. It's tough.......NO CHEATING

ShiftyDevil

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Washington Huskies
I had tons of grief with my left shoulder as well. messed it up when I was younger and it became a nagging thing during workouts... especially front raises and upright rows.
Seated rows and rear delt raises were fine.

I realized that I was not keeping my shoulder tight in the socket when doing the exercises that hurt. I spent a long, boring few months dropping the weight to tiny amounts and focusing on form.
Not quite sure if the improvement was better muscle memory and form or having 3-4 months of "rest", but nowadays if any joint gets sore I focus on form and it improves.

Yeah, starting over and working on form happens. I'm having to do that with squats right now. Fucking squats, man.

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I've done the intermittent fasting . Lost lots of weight but you have to want to make the commitment. It's tough.......NO CHEATING

your-complete-guide-to-fasting-book.jpg

ChadKelly

Liked Posts:
Lol you said he could heal type 1 diabetes....

You sound like a fucking idiot.

God, i dont understand these people. Please lord, give me the strength.

What is wrong with this place? I never once said, HE could heal type 1 diabetes or dieabeetus in general. Speaking on type 1, others have been cured with out transplants. Once again though, i dont know much about dieabuttess. If i worried and wanted to learn about diseases I dont have, I'd still be stuck somewhere in the A's

I did say, "Or perhaps you heal yourself in the process and escape the chains of that pharmaceutical prison"

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
God, i dont understand these people. Please lord, give me the strength.

What is wrong with this place? I never once said, HE could heal type 1 diabetes or dieabeetus in general. Speaking on type 1, others have been cured with out transplants. Once again though, i dont know much about dieabuttess. If i worried and wanted to learn about diseases I dont have, I still be stuck somewhere in the A's

I did say, "Or perhaps you heal yourself in the process and escape the chains of that pharmaceutical prison"

Can't heal yourself of type 1 diabetes.

Carry on.

ChadKelly

Liked Posts:
Can't heal yourself of type 1 diabetes.

Carry on.

So youve already admitted defeat? What god of war does that?

Its been done more than once, i know nothing of diabeatees, but i know that much. Im not suggesting it was done via fasting, but its been done.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
^ Ok. Whose troll account is this?

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
So youve already admitted defeat? What god of war does that?

Its been done more than once, i know nothing of diabeatees, but i know that much. Im not suggesting it was done via fasting, but its been done.

I already explained, type 1 cannot be cured via non-invasive methods like what you suggested.

It can be cured via invasive methods involving surgical/experimental transplants which then require the recipient to take expensive anti-rejection drugs that do more harm to the body than type 1 diabetes.

I know infinitely more about this subject than you do and you admit you don't know anything about diabetes.

Why do you continue this discussion about a subject you are clueless on?