Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
giphy.gif

Exactly. At least my forehead is killing it though.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
starting to cut pop out of my diet. Haven't had one in 3 days.

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:
I hike a lot and am getting into mountain climbing. Hoping to climb Mount Whitney this Summer, so I'm just getting my cardio back in order as it's dropped off a bit since running Track and XC in high school.

So I'm doing lots of hikes with weighted packs, run a couple miles a week, stairmaster at the gym, and go a bit heavy on squats.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Put in 25 miles this week. Haven't ran that much since college. Felt good to get back to running actually.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
i hike a lot and am getting into mountain climbing. Hoping to climb mount whitney this summer, so i'm just getting my cardio back in order as it's dropped off a bit since running track and xc in high school.

So i'm doing lots of hikes with weighted packs, run a couple miles a week, stairmaster at the gym, and go a bit heavy on squats.

stairmaster with weighted vest crew

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Finally got back in the gym after being out for about a year. I channeled all my Cody Parkey rage to work up the motivation. Went every day for the last 2 weeks. Starting off extremely light on everything and working my way back up. Even light, squatting after a long layoff sucks my balls.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Nothing is worse then that initial soreness after a long layoff lol. It makes you think twice of skipping the gym.

Fatman LOU

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Finally got back in the gym after being out for about a year. I channeled all my Cody Parkey rage to work up the motivation. Went every day for the last 2 weeks. Starting off extremely light on everything and working my way back up. Even light, squatting after a long layoff sucks my balls.

Good for you nvanprooyen. I want to start February 4th. My problem is getting started, once i get started im good to go .
Just treadmill random incline work for me i like going 60- 90 minutes on the treadmill.
I would like to get back to the DOGGCRAP i use to do but for now just treadmill, stationary bike , row, and hopefully they bought a Jacobs Ladder liked they talked about last time i was there.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
starting to cut pop out of my diet. Haven't had one in 3 days.
I cut out non-diet pop in May of 2010 and never looked back. Haven't missed it at all.

I hike a lot and am getting into mountain climbing. Hoping to climb Mount Whitney this Summer, so I'm just getting my cardio back in order as it's dropped off a bit since running Track and XC in high school.

So I'm doing lots of hikes with weighted packs, run a couple miles a week, stairmaster at the gym, and go a bit heavy on squats.
I've heard Mt. Whitney is great. I've knocked out Mt. Elbert and Mt. Massive in Colorado(2nd and 3rd behind Whitney in height in the contiguous) as well as Mt. Columbia. I am looking to do more soon. I've heard Whitney is a pain in the ass to try and climb/hike because they only allow so many people on it a year during peak months and there is some permit lottery or some shit. True?

Nothing is worse then that initial soreness after a long layoff lol. It makes you think twice of skipping the gym.

Active recovery is the best recovery

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I cut out non-diet pop in May of 2010 and never looked back. Haven't missed it at all.

I cut pop out entirely back in like 2013 or 2014 and I lost a good 5-10lbs just cutting that.

Been trying hard to cut down on sugar overall the last 3-4 months.... cut it out of my morning coffee.... try to choose snacks/breakfast items at home with no sugar or less sugar.

Sugar really is pervasive af.

I am trying out Atkins right now... 3rd day... almost no sugar... I was worried I would be crashing, but thus far I've done well.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:

Same here. I try and only have 1 diet coke a day. It's my vice. Other than my workouts, I really hate drinking water but I try and do it as much as I can.

FirstTimer

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Same here. I try and only have 1 diet coke a day. It's my vice. Other than my workouts, I really hate drinking water but I try and do it as much as I can.

Water is ok. I can only drink so much of it. I end up mixing in a lot of PowerAde Zero, Crystal Light, etc. if desperate I'll down some low calorie Gatorade

I'll have Diet Coke or Pepsi when I'm dragging.

Coffee I drink black.

The thing about cutting out soda is if you cut it out long enough and ever try a regular pop again it's almost undrinkable. Regular soda and regular Gatorade are too sweet for me now and I can't stand them.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Water is ok. I can only drink so much of it. I end up mixing in a lot of PowerAde Zero, Crystal Light, etc. if desperate I'll down some low calorie Gatorade

Coffee I drink black.

The thing about cutting out soda is if you cut it out long enough and ever try a regular pop again it's almost undrinkable. Regular soda and regular Gatorade are too sweet for me now and I can't stand them.

I drink coffee black too. Sooo good if you get the right stuff.

Ever order a diet coke at a restaurant and they accidentally give you a regular? Happened to me a few times and almost spit it out.

FirstTimer

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I drink coffee black too. Sooo good if you get the right stuff.

Ever order a diet coke at a restaurant and they accidentally give you a regular? Happened to me a few times and almost spit it out.

Yep! As I was typing the previous response was thinking about instances where that happened and you can tell in .000001 seconds.

You can almost immediately feel this terrible film on your teeth too.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
I cut pop out entirely back in like 2013 or 2014 and I lost a good 5-10lbs just cutting that.

Been trying hard to cut down on sugar overall the last 3-4 months.... cut it out of my morning coffee.... try to choose snacks/breakfast items at home with no sugar or less sugar.

Sugar really is pervasive af.

I am trying out Atkins right now... 3rd day... almost no sugar... I was worried I would be crashing, but thus far I've done well.
Atkins is nothing more than keto light. Think you'll do well with it. I like the Atkins shakes they sell in stores, so delish. Have to watch out with some of their older products, that contained Maltitol, though. You'll find it in those nutrition bars. That stuff is as bad as sugar and why they and others stopped using it. The other sugar alcohols don't have the same effect it does on raising sugar levels.

Coffee I drink black.

Drink Powerade zero too and Zipfizz rather than Crystal Light. Been decades since I drank soda and always thought the Diet Pepsi was most disgusting of all. Don't know why anyone would like it. Knew 1 person who drank it for a long time and loved it then decided to stop drinking it. Had 1 again after a long layoff and said it tasted every bit of disgusting that I said it did.

FirstTimer

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Atkins is nothing more than keto light. Think you'll do well with it. I like the Atkins shakes they sell in stores, so delish. Have to watch out with some of their older products, that contained Maltitol, though. You'll find it in those nutrition bars. That stuff is as bad as sugar and why they and others stopped using it. The other sugar alcohols don't have the same effect it does on raising sugar levels.

Drink Powerade zero too and Zipfizz rather than Crystal Light. Been decades since I drank soda and always thought the Diet Pepsi was most disgusting of all. Don't know why anyone would like it. Knew 1 person who drank it for a long time and loved it then decided to stop drinking it. Had 1 again after a long layoff and said it tasted every bit of disgusting that I said it did.
Accidentally grabbed a caffeine free Diet Pepsi the other day.

Holy shit, terrible.

I'll have to check out zippfizz. Never heard of it.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Yeah I have one of the shakes as a morning snack around 10am and they are solid.

Have a little of that fake sugar aftertaste, but not too bad.

I will have to watch out on their snack bars.

Their frozen meals, breakfast and lunch/dinner are remarkably good IMO.

My big challenge is doing this, working downtown, I leave the office at 4pm and Mon/Wed/Thurs I get home and go right to physical therapy, so after I eat lunch at say noon, I don't get home and eat again until like 7:15pm which is a long time to go without eating considering the tiny portions you consume on Atkins.

Does that 7 hrs count as IF lol