The XFL Coming Back In 2020

Xuder O'Clam

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
No people are tired of football. The problem is too many games. It used to be you would have games on sunday and monday but now that they added thursday people are getting more than they want. Add cord cutting to that and people just lost interest. A new league with worse players wont fix the problem.

You're not seeing the opportunity this actually is. And you are going by your feelings, not facts.

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
I don't think people are tired of football, just how things are run by the NFL. If you look at the fans who are most fed up with the NFL and the fans of the WWE, I am confident there will be a large crossover. So starting a league that will target those fans is very smart.

Im sure thats what they thought the first time they did it. How did that work out?

Liked Posts:
You really think people would get subscription to wwe network to watch football when they have stopped watching games that are free. People are dropping espn as well.

College Football ratings are up, it's just the NFL that is down. This might be a good alternative for people who are tired of how the NFL is run.

satchice

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
If he was smart, and he's not, he'd make it a developmental league for the NFL. Kids who couldn't get into college could get tryouts, or, young guys that didn't quite make the NFL could hone their skills. THEN, he could negotiate a draft system or a team by team minor league like baseball.

Actually I was thinking he could offer some of the top recruits cash contract to skip college and play for the new developmental league.. How many kids would rather have a 4 year scholarship were they plan on attending 3 years to a $400,000 contract? Also, target guys like Josh Gordon, by making it known that the XFL does not test for THC.

If they could start attracting 1/3 of the top HS recruits then they will become a legitimate developmental league that we all have wished for at one time.

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams

satchice

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
College Football ratings are up, it's just the NFL that is down. This might be a good alternative for people who are tired of how the NFL is run.

I really think this is the market to compete with.. the college football vs the XFL developmental league. I think last time they failed because they were competing with the NFL and trying to change the game... They should play with college rules and pay the players.

gpphat

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Im sure thats what they thought the first time they did it. How did that work out?

The first time they did it the NFL was at it's height with little controversy and fans weren't completely fed up with Goodell. Different time with a different attitude to the sport

gpphat

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Wow, good one. Wearing jokes out like a bad comedian.

Just saying collecting women's apparel doesn't give you access to the premium member area of CCS, where my $5 donation given 5-6 years ago does

gallagher

Ave Atque Vale
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
You really think people would get subscription to wwe network to watch football when they have stopped watching games that are free. People are dropping espn as well.

They should market it on a subscription platform people already pay for. Netflix or Amazon Prime come to mind. Every college kid already go for these services, and they are likely a substantial portion of the target audience.

gpphat

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
They should market it on a subscription platform people already pay for. Netflix or Amazon Prime come to mind. Every college kid already go for these services, and they are likely a substantial portion of the target audience.

Beta Male thinks that the flawed numbers that show viewership has gone down for the NFL means people are disinterested in football as a whole. What he doesn't understand is viewership probably hasn't gone down but shifted from the traditional form of watching to streaming and RZ and people are becoming less of a fan of the NFL but still enjoy watching football. He also doesn't realize that Vince McMahon runs a multi billion dollar company that has millions of fans not only in america but internationally. So there will already be a fan base in place so long as he doesn't treat it like the XFL the first go around. Basically Beta Male can't comprehend much from his pea brain