The XFL Coming Back In 2020

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
If you look at the fans who are most fed up with the NFL and the fans of the WWE, I am confident there will be a large crossover.

Might as well just call it the Redneck Football League I guess.

Matt2012

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Wisconsin Badgers
They should market it on a subscription platform people already pay for. Netflix or Amazon Prime come to mind. Every college kid already go for these services, and they are likely a substantial portion of the target audience.

That would be a brilliant plan. Sports are the main thing holding many people back from completely cutting the cord. Making the XFL available on streaming platforms would very much broaden the audience.

gpphat

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

essentially...you know they won't be sitting for the anthem

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
I seen an XFL blimp crash once from a high rise in downtown Oakland back when I used to work for PacBell.

It was slightly tilted forward and dropping at a snail's pace from about 500 feet off the ground, It didn't look right. Told all my co-workers I think that thing is crashing and they thought I was nuts.

Sure as shit there it was draped over a restaurant just off of the freeway on the way home. Plastered allover the local news.

Watching it was the most Anti dramatic crash in history of crashes..

Had that #fuckyoufuckscalleditgrin on my face as I strolled into work the next day

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
So people are tired of too much football so you give them more football?

There are still plenty of people watching. I don't think the format will be appealing enough though.

Liked Posts:
seems like you care as your brought up the donations...you don't need to contribute much. I literally wiped my ass with a $5 bill the other day.

You're the one that mentioned premium content which means it was gotten through donations.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Good with me.

I'm sure it is. They could put the fields in the center of NASCAR tracks and get two sports for one ticket. Lots of flags, affordable beer, and ladies who will take their teeth out before giving you head.

gpphat

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Bad time to jump in. People are watching less football and just sports in general.

disagree. Make it so it goes the opposite of everything people are sick and tired of the NFL

TheWinman

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
i don't think people are tired of football, just how things are run by the nfl. If you look at the fans who are most fed up with the nfl and the fans of the wwe, i am confident there will be a large crossover. So starting a league that will target those fans is very smart.

this

TheWinman

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
No people are tired of football. The problem is too many games. It used to be you would have games on sunday and monday but now that they added thursday people are getting more than they want. Add cord cutting to that and people just lost interest. A new league with worse players wont fix the problem.

People ARE NOT fucking tired of football. NEVER! People are tired of the NFL way. People are tired of the replay, great plays being overturned by stupid rules and having to wait to be enthusiastic about a TD until it is confirmed!

Bearin' Down

Liked Posts:
Im sure thats what they thought the first time they did it. How did that work out?
The NFL is down for multiple reasons, none of which is too many games. The issue you may be referring to is sloppy games. But it's not too many games.

The real issue is that the NFLs biggest appeal was the big hits and action packed drama. All of that has gotten watered down. You can't hit as much, they've basically castrated the defense, offenses move the ball with ease, and players are being fired or suspended at an alarming clip. It's just not the same game. You throw in poor officiating which also favors stars, and the NFL suddenly becomes a little vulnerable. So, this is the best time to try to take on Goliath

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
They should market it on a subscription platform people already pay for. Netflix or Amazon Prime come to mind. Every college kid already go for these services, and they are likely a substantial portion of the target audience.

I don't think they are targeting college students. I think it's the middle class white guy 35-60. The Hawks of the world.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats

While certainly not as left as you, I'm very close to being fed up with the NFL and I don't think given the interactions you and I have had you'd refer to me as a Redneck.

Guess Who

Liked Posts:
I'm sure it is. They could put the fields in the center of NASCAR tracks and get two sports for one ticket. Lots of flags, affordable beer, and ladies who will take their teeth out before giving you head.

good with me.