The XFL Coming Back In 2020

Xuder O'Clam

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I watched more Aussie Rules footy this year than I did the NFL. I was a fan of late night Aussie Footy in the 80s, and I have rediscovered it. Fun game.

gallagher

Ave Atque Vale
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
I don't think they are targeting college students. I think it's the middle class white guy 35-60. The Hawks of the world.

College age kids are a great target audience. They have more disposable income than ever, and getting them hooked will lead to long term viewership stability.

Plus, these streaming platforms are helping people across the board cut the cord. I'm not in the 18-25 group, and yet I pay for streaming and not for cable. If I didn't live in the local Chicago market, I'd probably look for streaming services over buying a cable package for bears games. This is because on-demand content is more desirable than typical network scheduled TV.

It's a good business decision is all I'm saying. Then again, I'm not sick of football. I'm sick of constant commercials. I'd rather have more time given to announcers to analyze the game than watch seemingly unending bad commercials for underwhelming beer brands.

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams
While certainly not as left as you, I'm very close to being fed up with the NFL and I don't think given the interactions you and I have had you'd refer to me as a Redneck.

I think the currently the fans who are most fed up with the NFL are the one's upset about the kneeling during the Anthem. While not every single one of that group are "Rednecks" I would say the majority are what we can classify as red. But there are plenty of other sub groups that are fed up with the NFL and more specifically Roger Goodell. The brilliance behind the XFL reboot is the timing, they play things right they may actually put out a decent product. don't try and include gimmicks, try and make it a hybrid of the college game and the NFL. Depending on how many teams basically start the season either in the early spring or a couple months before the NFL season opens up.

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
haha Alpha entertainment is the company it's under

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
They are probably better off splitting the difference between the NFL and college. Here is what I would do.

1. Offer money to high school kids to play in the XFL instead of the alleged college scholarship. If a high school kid still wants to get a college education, they can enroll at a university of their choice with the money they are paid.

2. Offer money to fringe NFL prospects or older vets making league minimum.

3. If the league grows and if it is a success then you can start targeting legit NFL players if you have the revenue to support it and phase out the younger kids or split into 2 leagues.

The problem with these leagues is they try to move to fast in terms of competing with the NFL. Start by competing with college where you can offer kids like 100,000 a year and once you build up that base supplementing with older guys with NFL experience, you can then decide if you have the type of revenues to go after legit NFL players and compete.

This also makes sense in terms of distinguishing your product while having a long term plan in the event he NCAA responds by paying their athletes. The difference between the NCAA has to support 300+ football programs across the country and can't pay them all whereas a new league just needs to support say 12 teams and can grow organically and add more teams as revenues grow.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
College age kids are a great target audience. They have more disposable income than ever, and getting them hooked will lead to long term viewership stability.

Plus, these streaming platforms are helping people across the board cut the cord. I'm not in the 18-25 group, and yet I pay for streaming and not for cable. If I didn't live in the local Chicago market, I'd probably look for streaming services over buying a cable package for bears games. This is because on-demand content is more desirable than typical network scheduled TV.

It's a good business decision is all I'm saying. Then again, I'm not sick of football. I'm sick of constant commercials. I'd rather have more time given to announcers to analyze the game than watch seemingly unending bad commercials for underwhelming beer brands.

Ehhh, you're probably right. Let's not argue. Make love, not war.

WestsideResider

Bro idk
Liked Posts:
I can't wait for the first tiki torch endzone celebration.

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
So it's gonna be no gimmicks

He wants the streaming camera angles and experience to be different from the television broadcast

No criminal record allowed

Looking for a much higher quality of play this time around

8 teams, 10 week season

play begins in 2020, teams formed in 2019

Sparks500

Liked Posts:
NFL ratings are down simply because too many big market teams suck. Bears, suck. New York Giants, suck. Jets are improving, but don’t draw like the Giants. San Francisco, sucks. LA, too many teams and too little interest. Seattle, sucks. Dallas, off year, too much JJ drama. St. Louis, no team.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Chicago Blowhards?
Chicago Corruptors?
Chicago Giardinieras?
Chicago Shrimp de Johghes?
Chicago Sassages?

AussieBear

chicago will finally have team that can compete again... 2020.. cant wait.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
While certainly not as left as you, I'm very close to being fed up with the NFL and I don't think given the interactions you and I have had you'd refer to me as a Redneck.

I wouldn't, no. But you don't strike me as someone who thinks Colin Kaepernick has insulted the military.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Not my money unless the gov gives a bail out when it implodes