The XFL Coming Back In 2020

Washington

Liked Posts:
Agreed. Nationalism at domestic sporting events is bizarre. Like something you'd expect from North Korea. Get rid of the whole thing. Football is about football. Not nationalism, not "the troops", not protests, just football.

I agree but I did add one to your list.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The problem with this is simply that the talent level will suck. They can't pay what the NFL does so this is going to be a league of scrubs. Not interested.

Yeah that is why their better bet is to target people coming out of high school or top football college athletes that are tired of being paid in scholarships. Their competition should be with college football not the NFL as they have an inherent advantage relative to college football in being able to pay the athletes. Especially in a sport where injuries are rampant and a lot top high school football players end up never making it to the NFL.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
At his press conference he said the locations are still not known right now, but that they have two years to find them. That honestly doesn't seem like a lot of time.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Fairly simply really. McMahon is a Republican and he wants to capitalize on the largely Republican opposition to the players kneeling so he will cater his product to that.

Did he specifically say that players won't be allowed to kneel?

Xuder O'Clam

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Did he specifically say that players won't be allowed to kneel?

McMahon is saying a lot of things right now. Whether to believe what he says will come true is up to the individual. But yes, he has said ""People don't want social and political issues coming into play when they are trying to be entertained. We want someone who wants to take a knee to do their version of that on their personal time."

But he has also said even if someone has just a DUI, they aren't playing in his league.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
McMahon is saying a lot of things right now. Whether to believe what he says will come true is up to the individual. But yes, he has said ""People don't want social and political issues coming into play when they are trying to be entertained. We want someone who wants to take a knee to do their version of that on their personal time."

But he has also said even if someone has just a DUI, they aren't playing in his league.

I heard though that this would disqualify Manziel from playing. But Bernstein just said that he heard that was not the case about him.

Guess Who

Liked Posts:
Agreed. Nationalism at domestic sporting events is bizarre. Like something you'd expect from North Korea. Get rid of the whole thing. Football is about football. Not nationalism, not "the troops", just football.

Get rid of mom and apple pie too?

bearsfootball516

Liked Posts:
Yeah that is why their better bet is to target people coming out of high school or top football college athletes that are tired of being paid in scholarships. Their competition should be with college football not the NFL as they have an inherent advantage relative to college football in being able to pay the athletes. Especially in a sport where injuries are rampant and a lot top high school football players end up never making it to the NFL.

What the XFL can pay those athletes is pennies compared to the NFL though. Most kids who are that gifted will get a full ride to Alabama or another big name school, have everything they could possibly want while they're there, and then go to the NFL and make more than the XFL could ever dream to give them.

I think the XFL might work a little better this time just because Vince knows better what NOT to do, but I still don't see it lasting more than a couple years. Once the initial hype wears away after a week or two, nobody is going to want to watch the NFL's training camp cuts and players who could never sniff an NFL roster try to play football.

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
If he wants to play for less.........I assume they will have rules for the Anthem.

kneel on your own time said McMahon

TheWinman

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Agreed. Nationalism at domestic sporting events is bizarre. Like something you'd expect from North Korea. Get rid of the whole thing. Football is about football. Not nationalism, not "the troops", just football.

COming from someone who was not born here. smh

TheWinman

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
At his press conference he said the locations are still not known right now, but that they have two years to find them. That honestly doesn't seem like a lot of time.

One year to find them. Teams will be assembled in 2019 with play beginning in 2020

Alpha

CBMB Legend
Donator
Liked Posts:
What the XFL can pay those athletes is pennies compared to the NFL though. Most kids who are that gifted will get a full ride to Alabama or another big name school, have everything they could possibly want while they're there, and then go to the NFL and make more than the XFL could ever dream to give them.

I think the XFL might work a little better this time just because Vince knows better what NOT to do, but I still don't see it lasting more than a couple years. Once the initial hype wears away after a week or two, nobody is going to want to watch the NFL's training camp cuts and players who could never sniff an NFL roster try to play football.
What if the XFL does gain respectable following and the NFL suffers from it, maybe it would force the NFL to change it's bullshit ways.

bearsfootball516

Liked Posts:
What if the XFL does gain respectable following and the NFL suffers from it, maybe it would force the NFL to change it's bullshit ways.

It could, but the odds are against it. The NFL has lost a little popularity, but it's still a ratings behemoth and there's little reason to think the XFL will be able to challenge them.

TheWinman

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It could, but the odds are against it. The NFL has lost a little popularity, but it's still a ratings behemoth and there's little reason to think the XFL will be able to challenge them.

Don't doubt the great Vincent Kennedy McMahon. He will have his good friend Trump supporting this soon enough. lol Deplorables who are not even football fans will follow this league. LOL

TheWinman

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Fantasy football will also play a part in this. IF FF leagues start forming for the XFL, that will help it tremendously. THe original XFL didn't have online FF leagues to help it grow.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Think you are confusing things. I am proposing you pay them for their college years. 100-500k in cash as an 18-21 year old sure beats a scholarship if you have no interest in school.

The NFL requires you to be 3 years out of high school so the XFL signs a kid to a 3 year contract initially after which if they are good enough they can go to the NFL. If not but they are still good enough to play in the XFL, they stay.

You poach the top high school kids and pair them with fringe NFL players and that still gives NFL teams enough tape against good competition to judge. The only question would be whether the NFL makes these guys go through the draft with the college prospects or whether they make them free agents.

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
College age kids are a great target audience. They have more disposable income than ever, and getting them hooked will lead to long term viewership stability.

Plus, these streaming platforms are helping people across the board cut the cord. I'm not in the 18-25 group, and yet I pay for streaming and not for cable. If I didn't live in the local Chicago market, I'd probably look for streaming services over buying a cable package for bears games. This is because on-demand content is more desirable than typical network scheduled TV.

It's a good business decision is all I'm saying. Then again, I'm not sick of football. I'm sick of constant commercials. I'd rather have more time given to announcers to analyze the game than watch seemingly unending bad commercials for underwhelming beer brands.

Yea, not sure about this. If anything, younger people are all about trying to spend as little money as possible. But, youre right, that includes looking for streaming/ specific sports packages rather than overpaying for cable and channels you wont utilize.

I don't know off the top of my head what the demographics of WWE viewership is, but I think you need something else added to get the appeal of younger people. People that are going to watch the McMahon XFL are likely going to be older white males who also watch WWE.

Streaming packages and presence on social media could definitely help bring in younger people, as well as recruiting younger people in the league itself(developmental alternative for high schoolers ,college players who want to go pro but couldn't make it, college players who wanted to leave college early and get money,etc.).

Xuder O'Clam

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
The NFL has played 16 games a season since 1978. The fuck are you talking about?

People do complain about the Thursday night games, but not to the point of abandoning the NFL. He is not using facts.