The XFL Coming Back In 2020

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
People do complain about the Thursday night games, but not to the point of abandoning the NFL. He is not using facts.
I'm not really a big fan of Thursday night games either. Maybe have one every month, or just don't do them at all.

But yea, if the season's been too long, it's been too long for a long time, and that's not consistent with the rating drops. At all.

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
The NFL has played 16 games a season since 1978. The fuck are you talking about?

I think he is talking about games on Sunday, Monday, and Thursday. He is trying to blame declining Thursday ratings on too many games instead of poorer play due to lack of rest from Sunday-Thursday.

16 games a season always seems short to me. Season flies by and I never want it to end

Xuder O'Clam

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
The shortness of the NFL season (4-5 months) is why it eventually won out over other sports for me. I haven't been a hockey fan since highschool, a baseball fan since grade school, and I never really watched basketball, but enjoyed playing it. 80+ game, 6 month+ seasons, and multiple playoff series, I just can't offer the time as I once could in my younger days.

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I think he is talking about games on Sunday, Monday, and Thursday. He is trying to blame declining Thursday ratings on too many games instead of poorer play due to lack of rest from Sunday-Thursday.

16 games a season always seems short to me. Season flies by and I never want it to end

I think there are a number of things that have caused a decrease in ratings. But there have been added TNFs since 2015/2016, I'm pretty sure. That doesn't help.

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
Narrator: But the talent level DID suck, and no one watched it this time around, either.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
XFL won't be about the sport, it will be all about the show....And of course the $$$$

TheWinman

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
XFL won't be about the sport, it will be all about the show....And of course the $$$$

According to Vince, it's actually the opposite this time

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
One year to find them. Teams will be assembled in 2019 with play beginning in 2020

That's assuming they can get the deal done in a year.

BTW, unlike mick I was born in this country, and much like mick I loathe forced patriotism.

TheWinman

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
That's assuming they can get the deal done in a year.

BTW, unlike mick I was born in this country, and much like mick I loathe forced patriotism.

It's not forced for us the fan. If at the game, you don't have to stand and/or sing. Watching it on TV, you don't have to sit there and watch.

mecha

Liked Posts:
the XFL has to play straight normal football and leave that gimmick shit where they fight over the ball to receive or whatever out of it.

the NFL has fucked around way too much the last few years with just changing things for the sake of changing them. when you have NFC teams playing games shown on the AFC CBS, that's horseshit. Thursday night games were originally played only in the 2nd half of the season, yeah ok whatever. doing it every single week with this obnoxious Color Rush, fuck that. as it was, you have games on Sunday, Monday, and Thursday -- the NFL this year decided instead of running 2 games at a time in the playoffs 2 and 2 from each conference specifically, to break that off into playing on Saturday as well. Saturday should only be for the preaseason. the change that pisses me off the most is playing the Pro Bowl BEFORE the Super Bowl. obviously the 2 teams playing in the Super Bowl are the best in the league, they're going to have a lot of Pro Bowl selections. you play the Pro Bowl before the Super Bowl, they all duck out, then you get other players playing instead that probably wouldn't have made it in otherwise. the Pro Bowl is kind of a sham to begin with, it's not like other All Star games in that it's still people bashing each other's brains in, and they have to try to avoid that, so it's a watered down high scoring affair that doesn't really demonstrate great play from the players.

in other words, this season especially, the NFL is desperate to maintain its relevance, so it's shoving gimmicks and overexposure down our throats. and I haven't even gotten into the silly rule changes they make.

I didn't go on strike cause of kneeling, I stopped watching because I'm sick of this shit. when the Bears become somewhat sorta ok again next season I might take time out to watch games again. I didn't watch a single playoff game this year, and I always love watching the conference championships. I'm sure I'm not alone.

Mjiton

Liked Posts:
I just liked the old XFL because it was football when the NFL wasn't playing. I want the foosball 365

r1terrell23

Liked Posts:
Yeah that is why their better bet is to target people coming out of high school or top football college athletes that are tired of being paid in scholarships. Their competition should be with college football not the NFL as they have an inherent advantage relative to college football in being able to pay the athletes. Especially in a sport where injuries are rampant and a lot top high school football players end up never making it to the NFL.

The problem is high school players suck for a year or two. I'm not sure it would be fun watching them try to play professionally. I do like your idea of poaching college guys. Fans still want to see talent.

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
They should cross over is with WWE.
Have a rey mysterio return punts, and Bigshow block up front.

He’s better at getting overly rambunctious, snapping peoples necks, and killing them in front of crowds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk