Theoretical Off Season Changes If We Had A Real GM

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Honestly, a bottom line of Beach, Bollig, and Mayers doesn't sound too bad.

roshinaya

fnord
Donator
Liked Posts:
While Mayers have been the only one of this years acquisitions that has done what he was supposed to and then some, he is getting up there in age already and would look for other options. Maybe another year if nothing else can be found.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
Man having Carcillos prescense on this team in the Playoffs would have been nice.

Too bad the Special person hurt himself.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
god help me. I'm starting to feel for Frolik the way I did last year during the playoffs.

So your saying "it moved a little"?

image28.png

Pez68

Fire Quenneville
Liked Posts:
Stupid re-signing, once they found out what Shaw could do there was no need to sign Caricillo. There is already too much redundancy on this team in the wrong direction.

Yeah, too much redundancy in guys that play soft hockey. So what does that have to do with Carcillo and Shaw?

Rex

Chief Blackcock
Liked Posts:
So your saying "it moved a little"?

image28.png

oh it moved all right. Anyone who says he isn't one of the top forwards on the team in the past two games is a hater.

dlrob315

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah, too much redundancy in guys that play soft hockey. So what does that have to do with Carcillo and Shaw?

They do not need two Carcillos they need to get some size in the depth core. Stan could have used those dollars to sign a fourth liner like Fraser who has grit with discipline. Shaw gives you everything Carcillo can do with the ability to score.

If Carcillo is playing more than 40 games that means they are still lacking depth. If you want to make Carcillo your 21st man...then fine.

the canadian dream

Liked Posts:
They need the same 3 things they needed going into this season.
  1. A legit top LW that can play 1st or second line who isn't slow and washed up (could be Saad)
  2. A second line center
  3. A depth blueliner (a right handed shot would be a bonus)

Maybe a coaching change? I don't want to get into that one as its been covered every second

Maybe less lame shit from the head office and more focus on the game on the ice

No more buying out contracts (highly unlikely)

Rex

Chief Blackcock
Liked Posts:
They need the same 3 things they needed going into this season.
  1. A legit top LW that can play 1st or second line who isn't slow and washed up (could be Saad)
  2. A second line center
  3. A depth blueliner (a right handed shot would be a bonus)

Maybe a coaching change? I don't want to get into that one as its been covered every second

Maybe less lame shit from the head office and more focus on the game on the ice

No more buying out contracts (highly unlikely)

1. Brandon Saad could be that guy next year

2. We HAVE a second line center, Q just thinks he's the third line center.

3. We have lots of depth Defensemen (Sucks that they are all left shots) But no legit #3 Defensemen.

Pez68

Fire Quenneville
Liked Posts:
They do not need two Carcillos they need to get some size in the depth core. Stan could have used those dollars to sign a fourth liner like Fraser who has grit with discipline. Shaw gives you everything Carcillo can do with the ability to score.

If Carcillo is playing more than 40 games that means they are still lacking depth. If you want to make Carcillo your 21st man...then fine.

No offense, but, you're insane. Like Fraser who has grit with discipline? I take it you didn't watch the LA/Van game the other night where Fraser stuck his knee out on a guy in the offensive zone, who didn't have the puck, and took a penalty that put his team down 2-1. Yeah, great discipline there. Fraser sucks. He's a dime a dozen player, and Carcillo is ten times the hockey player he is. He is also better than every guy on the Hawks' fourth line the last two games.

Rex

Chief Blackcock
Liked Posts:
No offense, but, you're insane. Like Fraser who has grit with discipline? I take it you didn't watch the LA/Van game the other night where Fraser stuck his knee out on a guy in the offensive zone, who didn't have the puck, and took a penalty that put his team down 2-1. Yeah, great discipline there. Fraser sucks. He's a dime a dozen player, and Carcillo is ten times the hockey player he is. He is also better than every guy on the Hawks' fourth line the last two games.

if Bollig could take draws...

Carcillo-Bollig-Beach

The BBC line lol

dlrob315

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

1 versus a cazillion by Carcillo.

Not talking Fraser over Carcillo, I am saying with the Shaw and Bollig, Carcillo is not needed.

Fraser over Mayers. Mayers did fine this season but he is getting long in the tooth and who knows when he can't do it anymore...this is my reasoning for Fraser. I am open to any other name for the fourth line center...not looking for an argument.

But I stand on the Carcillo signing was not needed, that I will argue until Kingdom Comes!

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Sure you can throw buff and Bolland at me and say they are quiet in the regular season, the difference is those two can dominate games in the playoffs. Fuck Buff dominated a series against the nucks, hell even against SJ he was beast mode.

Buff averaged 17 goals a year (19, 15, 17) the three full seasons he was a Hawk.

Frolik had 11 goals last year 5 goals this year. Bickell went from 17 to 9.

I still don't understand the perception that Buff was quiet during the reg season when he was a Hawk.

Rex

Chief Blackcock
Liked Posts:
Buff averaged 17 goals a year (19, 15, 17) the three full seasons he was a Hawk.

I still don't understand the perception that Buff was quiet during the reg season when he was a Hawk.

Do you not remember watching him? lol

Pez68

Fire Quenneville
Liked Posts:

Buff was notorious for taking long stretches of time off. He is capable of scoring probably 30 goals if he could bring some consistency to his game during the regular season.

roshinaya

fnord
Donator
Liked Posts:
The reason I believe that Scooter did not address any of the glaring holes this team has is that he and management didn't see this as the team that could get it done and are planning to load up next off-season, especially now that the CBA is going to be negotiated.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
1 versus a cazillion by Carcillo.

Not talking Fraser over Carcillo, I am saying with the Shaw and Bollig, Carcillo is not needed.

Fraser over Mayers. Mayers did fine this season but he is getting long in the tooth and who knows when he can't do it anymore...this is my reasoning for Fraser. I am open to any other name for the fourth line center...not looking for an argument.

But I stand on the Carcillo signing was not needed, that I will argue until Kingdom Comes!

The only way Frazier will ever don a Hawks jersey again will be if you take Scooters job.

As for another center for next year Mark McNiel is big and some have projected him to be very close to being ready.

As for Frazier
<

dlrob315

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The only way Frazier will ever don a Hawks jersey again will be if you take Scooters job.

As for another center for next year Mark McNiel is big and some have projected him to be very close to being ready.

As for Frazier
<

<
You are saying bring up NcNeil to play 6 minutes a game on the fourth line?

I am talking about a fourth line center and you want to bring up McNeil on the fourth line and stunt his playing time when he will need to play. If you are talking of bringing McNeil up to be the second line center then they still need a fourth line center to replace Mayers and yes I am not totally against re-signing Mayers but no one knows how much he has left...it is a gamble.

Tim

Liked Posts:
Mayers was solid in his role. Jettison Lepisto, OD, Brunette, and Morrison. Trade Frolik while he has value. Get a legit 2 C,

a crease clearing dman ( Barrett Jackman is a UFA ), upgrade at goalie ( Vokoun, Nittimaka, Gustovsen are all UFA's),

and infuse some of the young talent. Basically add pieces to the core in identified weak areas and add some youth.