Theoretical Off Season Changes If We Had A Real GM

Maiden

Liked Posts:
Don't........get........sucked.......in......lol

He and Bickell....wtf? It's kind of humorous

You people miss the boat on Bickell all the time. He is the least paid player on the team.

In order to keep your "alledged" superstars at 4,5,6 million per you need low paid players to provide some sort of hockey skill.

Bickell, as Brouwer before him fills that role quite well.

Most of you are the same people who trashed Brouwer week after week and then we he was gone you clamoured for him back.

This isn't NHL12 for morons where you can build super teams.

supraman

Liked Posts:
1 versus a cazillion by Carcillo.

Not talking Fraser over Carcillo, I am saying with the Shaw and Bollig, Carcillo is not needed.

Fraser over Mayers. Mayers did fine this season but he is getting long in the tooth and who knows when he can't do it anymore...this is my reasoning for Fraser. I am open to any other name for the fourth line center...not looking for an argument.

But I stand on the Carcillo signing was not needed, that I will argue until Kingdom Comes!

Mayers deserves at least another season with us. Hell I think Mayers deserves a shot on 3rd line. He has the tools to score a bit, he really is a decent player.

Buff averaged 17 goals a year (19, 15, 17) the three full seasons he was a Hawk.

Frolik had 11 goals last year 5 goals this year. Bickell went from 17 to 9.

I still don't understand the perception that Buff was quiet during the reg season when he was a Hawk.

He always seemed quiet. At least in the playoffs he always seemed to go beast mode.

You people miss the boat on Bickell all the time. He is the least paid player on the team.

In order to keep your "alledged" superstars at 4,5,6 million per you need low paid players to provide some sort of hockey skill.

Bickell, as Brouwer before him fills that role quite well.

Most of you are the same people who trashed Brouwer week after week and then we he was gone you clamoured for him back.

This isn't NHL12 for morons where you can build super teams.

Fuck Bickell and fuck Brouwer.

Rex

Chief Blackcock
Liked Posts:
Mayers was solid in his role. Jettison Lepisto, OD, Brunette, and Morrison. Trade Frolik while he has value. Get a legit 2 C,

a crease clearing dman ( Barrett Jackman is a UFA ), upgrade at goalie ( Vokoun, Nittimaka, Gustovsen are all UFA's),

and infuse some of the young talent. Basically add pieces to the core in identified weak areas and add some youth.

you need to lay off the pipe if you think ANY of those are upgrades in net. is Nitti even still in the NHL?

Ton

Liked Posts:
Mayers was solid in his role. Jettison Lepisto, OD, Brunette, and Morrison. Trade Frolik while he has value. Get a legit 2 C,

a crease clearing dman ( Barrett Jackman is a UFA ), upgrade at goalie ( Vokoun, Nittimaka, Gustovsen are all UFA's),

and infuse some of the young talent. Basically add pieces to the core in identified weak areas and add some youth.

Do you really think any of those goaltenders are an upgrade? Maybe for Rockford.

supraman

Liked Posts:
Yeah none of those guys are upgrades. If vokoun was 10 years younger sure he'd be a decent idea since hes a southpaw

Rex

Chief Blackcock
Liked Posts:
lawl Nittimaki

Rex

Chief Blackcock
Liked Posts:

lol so replace Crawford, who outside of bad OT goals, has outplayed Smith in this series (like it or not, Smith has given up more soft goals in this series too. Just stop shooting it at his fucking chest) with a 31 year old career backup who isn't even in the NHL anymore.

Rex

Chief Blackcock
Liked Posts:
lawl give that man the GM job!

Ton

Liked Posts:
Could be worse. We could be running Fleury/Johnson, Bryzgalov/Bobrovsky, Theodore/Clemensen, Luongo or Howard instead of Crawford.

puckjim

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Jamal Mayers will not be back next year.

Rex

Chief Blackcock
Liked Posts:
My guess is Scooter hates useful players

sounds about right.

or Maybe Q does? (OD and Morrison playing tonight)

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Jamal Mayers will not be back next year.

WHY?

Inquiry minds want to know. I liked what he brought this year, but he is getting up there in years and will he be the same player next year?

puckjim

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Mayers gets benched for two games in the SC playoffs.

Why would they re-sign him?

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
Fuck your offseason!

Lock this thread for another month and a half!!!!