Theoretical Off Season Changes If We Had A Real GM

xatruio

Liked Posts:
go watch the lightning you fucking geezer

they still got Gretzky's bros dont they?

i remember when he was on the Wolves, actually haha

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Thing about Mayers is depending on the CBA, I'm thinking that can retain him for a year or 2 on the cheap and make most of his contract bonuses. If a young rookie out-plays him, then he can always be relegated to 13th FWD.

I think the biggest issue for Stan is not Log-jamming the roster with waiver-eligable contracts like he did this year. Saad is understandable but guys like Hayes, Olsen, Shaw, and to a lesser extent Bollig could have (imho) benefitted themselves and the team if they were allowed to play more of the year rather than jammed behind vets who were innefective and couldn't be moved.

At this point Brunette, Morrisson, Lepisto, and O'donnel should be gone. I think you can figure that Olsen could replace one of (if not both) Lepisto & O'donnel. If we keep the centers as Toews/Kane/Bolland, I figure again, some of the young guys may be able to fill in those roles without much roster turn-over.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Looking at Capgeek they have 20 committed for next year with 6.8 in cap room. Morrison and brunette are obvious bye bye, I'd like them to bring back Mayers. And Bolig if he's needed as a pressbox guy I guess but I like his energy. OD and Lepisto need to go, then you're right back with the 6 so you probably need a depth signing there. That's a full roster already, So really, I would love them to take that 6.8 and do what they have to do to finally solidify the top two lines, whether it's a center or a win and move guys permantely. Get the best available, that should be plent of money to resign mayers, and Bolig if you feel the need, and a depth D-man. Pray monty gets he head act together, he did have a nice stretch there for a bit. And that gives you around 5 mil or so for a top 2 forward. I have no idea what will be available, it's so tough to act like the team needs to be blown up because we all see what's there. a little shuffle here and there, I think they'll have to make a trade to fit Saad and a signing in, and boom it's still one of the top teams in the league. I think with Hossa on the ice, and Shaw not suspended they are not in this predicament right now, but that's their weakness i guess, depth.

supraman

Liked Posts:
Looking at Capgeek they have 20 committed for next year with 6.8 in cap room. Morrison and brunette are obvious bye bye, I'd like them to bring back Mayers. And Bolig if he's needed as a pressbox guy I guess but I like his energy. OD and Lepisto need to go, then you're right back with the 6 so you probably need a depth signing there. That's a full roster already, So really, I would love them to take that 6.8 and do what they have to do to finally solidify the top two lines, whether it's a center or a win and move guys permantely. Get the best available, that should be plent of money to resign mayers, and Bolig if you feel the need, and a depth D-man. Pray monty gets he head act together, he did have a nice stretch there for a bit. And that gives you around 5 mil or so for a top 2 forward. I have no idea what will be available, it's so tough to act like the team needs to be blown up because we all see what's there. a little shuffle here and there, I think they'll have to make a trade to fit Saad and a signing in, and boom it's still one of the top teams in the league. I think with Hossa on the ice, and Shaw not suspended they are not in this predicament right now, but that's their weakness i guess, depth.

Good post

supraman

Liked Posts:
Signed.

Thread is embarrassing while still in the playoffs.

so you are saying the team is perfect without holes that need filling and roster moves that need to made.

PatrickSharpRules

Liked Posts:
so you are saying the team is perfect without holes that need filling and roster moves that need to made.

Yes, exactly what I'm saying.....

This team is competing for the Stanley Cup, until we are eliminated, talking like we should be looking at free agents is an insult to the Hawks.

Rex

Chief Blackcock
Liked Posts:
negative threads have been good luck this year. God help you if you close this thread!

supraman

Liked Posts:
Yes, exactly what I'm saying.....

This team is competing for the Stanley Cup, until we are eliminated, talking like we should be looking at free agents is an insult to the Hawks.

Nah we don't need a 2nd line center or a 3rd pair dman that doesn't cough up the puck. Maybe an improvement in wingers.

Sorry you don't like the thread. GTFO that simple.

PatrickSharpRules

Liked Posts:
Nah we don't need a 2nd line center or a 3rd pair dman that doesn't cough up the puck. Maybe an improvement in wingers.

Sorry you don't like the thread. GTFO that simple.

Yea, I was being sarcastic genius. My point is talk about the off-season when its here, not when were in the midst of the tightest series in playoff history. Than again you were dead on with your assessment that Q had lost the team and we weren't going to make the playoffs....And I will GLADLY get the fuck out of your thread, like most of them, its embarrassing to the site.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Yea, I was being sarcastic genius. My point is talk about the off-season when its here, not when were in the midst of the tightest series in playoff history. Than again you were dead on with your assessment that Q had lost the team and we weren't going to make the playoffs....And I will GLADLY get the fuck out of your thread, like most of them, its embarrassing to the site.

Regardless of how we play in the playoffs, be it currently going on or not I still think that the team needs to not jam it's roster with waiver-eligible contracts, it could try to keep Mayers with a low-cap, bonus laden contract for a year or two (Depending on how the CBA turns out), and instead of looking on the FA market it should be able to fill any gaps with the departing FA's from within the prospects system. And along those FA's, i don't think it's too far of a stretch to say Brunette, Morrisson, O'donnell, and Lepisto will be gone and all 4 of those position can be filled with guys we already have in the system.

Rex

Chief Blackcock
Liked Posts:
Regardless of how we play in the playoffs, be it currently going on or not I still think that the team needs to not jam it's roster with waiver-eligible contracts, it could try to keep Mayers with a low-cap, bonus laden contract for a year or two (Depending on how the CBA turns out), and instead of looking on the FA market it should be able to fill any gaps with the departing FA's from within the prospects system. And along those FA's, i don't think it's too far of a stretch to say Brunette, Morrisson, O'donnell, and Lepisto will be gone and all 4 of those position can be filled with guys we already have in the system.

agreed. We have the prospects in the pipeline, time to use them. I would like to see Beach get a good hard look next season. If Kruger can't improve 100%, give Pirri the chance. Saad is basically a lock to replace Brunette. OD will be replaced by Olsen.

supraman

Liked Posts:

Kinda funny several people in another thread have still suggested Q might have lost the team. Sorry that I say what I feel when the hawks look like dogshit. How tragic of me to have an opinion on a forum.

supraman

Liked Posts:
agreed. We have the prospects in the pipeline, time to use them. I would like to see Beach get a good hard look next season. If Kruger can't improve 100%, give Pirri the chance. Saad is basically a lock to replace Brunette. OD will be replaced by Olsen.

Yeah would be nice to see all these guys up here and see if they make an impact. Look at the Flyers six rookies.

Rex

Chief Blackcock
Liked Posts:
Kinda funny several people in another thread have still suggested Q might have lost the team. Sorry that I say what I feel when the hawks look like dogshit. How tragic of me to have an opinion on a forum.

don't let it happen again.