Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Mayers a healthy scratch again.

Probably too busy negotiating his new deal to suit up.

the canadian dream

Liked Posts:
A coach

a powerplay

a center

leddy going to defense camp

a blueliner

a gm

a left wing

some right handed shots

Rex

Chief Blackcock
Liked Posts:
A coach

a powerplay

a center

leddy going to defense camp

a blueliner

a gm

a left wing

some right handed shots

How many of those do you think actually get done? I'm way past the resign Oduya thing. I want those picks back.

klemmer

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Maybe Rocky will sit back, fire McDonough and put the focus back on the Chicago Blackhawks Hockey Club instead of all the other BS

Rex

Chief Blackcock
Liked Posts:
additition by subtraction

no more Brunette

no more Morrison

no more O'Donnell

no more Kitchen

Rex

Chief Blackcock
Liked Posts:
Maybe Rocky will sit back, fire McDonough and put the focus back on the Chicago Blackhawks Hockey Club instead of all the other BS

is that bold supposed to be purple?

roshinaya

fnord
Donator
Liked Posts:
Two first round exists with Bowman at the helm with a pretty good core. Not really that impressive. How much leeway does he get? If they are not past the first round next season (if there is one) I think it's time to consider Scooter's position. In fact if I will say this now, if the Hawks aren't in the Conference finals (or whatever it is after re-alignment, if it happens) by next season, Scooter has failed as a GM. I feel like the team is on the brink, but he has so far failed to address some crucial short-comings of the team, namely the abysmal center depth.

1. #2 OR #3 center with face-off ability

2. Solid D-man able to eat minutes

3. Grit and skill on the bottom 6

4. New asst. coach

5. Goalie, really hoping it was just a sophomore slump.

First of all, the team needs to get the special teams going. Especially the PP and it hasn't really been too stellar under Q. I bet that had it been even average this playoffs, the Hawks would be in a game 7 now. If you can throw out guys like Toews, Kane, Sharp, Hossa, Keith and Seabrook out on a PP there is absolutely no excuse for it to suck. Sure, players are responsible but it starts with the coaches.

As it seems that having a defense first scheme is a winning strategy in the West now, maybe it would be time re-evaluate the system and the structure of the team? Not saying the Hawks should become like Phoenix that only waits for the other teams to make mistakes before taking initiative, but a new approach to team defense. Keep being a puck-possessing team, but when they lose it at least make sure the D knows what the hell they are doing. Too many times they were like morons and the puck ended in their own net when the goalie could not make a routine save. Get some players that will stand in front of the net to put in the garbage, all too few of those players currently on the team and if someone is standing there it's just by happenstance.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
I propose that everytime a Hawks player gets hit they fall to the ice and grab their face. It will get them tons of 5 minute majors and also get opposing players suspended for no reason.

Rex

Chief Blackcock
Liked Posts:
Two first round exists with Bowman at the helm with a pretty good core. Not really that impressive. How much leeway does he get? If they are not past the first round next season (if there is one) I think it's time to consider Scooter's position. In fact if I will say this now, if the Hawks aren't in the Conference finals (or whatever it is after re-alignment, if it happens) by next season, Scooter has failed as a GM. I feel like the team is on the brink, but he has so far failed to address some crucial short-comings of the team, namely the abysmal center depth.

1. #2 OR #3 center with face-off ability

2. Solid D-man able to eat minutes

3. Grit and skill on the bottom 6

4. New asst. coach

5. Goalie, really hoping it was just a sophomore slump.

First of all, the team needs to get the special teams going. Especially the PP and it hasn't really been too stellar under Q. I bet that had it been even average this playoffs, the Hawks would be in a game 7 now. If you can throw out guys like Toews, Kane, Sharp, Hossa, Keith and Seabrook out on a PP there is absolutely no excuse for it to suck. Sure, players are responsible but it starts with the coaches.

As it seems that having a defense first scheme is a winning strategy in the West now, maybe it would be time re-evaluate the system and the structure of the team? Not saying the Hawks should become like Phoenix that only waits for the other teams to make mistakes before taking initiative, but a new approach to team defense. Keep being a puck-possessing team, but when they lose it at least make sure the D knows what the hell they are doing. Too many times they were like morons and the puck ended in their own net when the goalie could not make a routine save. Get some players that will stand in front of the net to put in the garbage, all too few of those players currently on the team and if someone is standing there it's just by happenstance.

It's just a sophomore slump. I'm with you on everything else needed though.

Larmer83

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Is this this the right coach for the CBH? Perhaps the better question, is this the best GM for the Hawks?

http://www.indianheadnation.com/topic/3806-trade-deadline-what-moves-would-you-like/page__st__360__p__131279__hl__larmer83__fromsearch__1#entry131279

Larmer83, on 25 February 2012 - 10:46 AM, said:

Brassard is soft, a defensive liability, and sucks in the circle. His offensive side is inconsistent.

Vermette was traded by Columbus for a 2nd, 5th, and McElhinney. He would have been a better fit as a 2nd line center.

So Bowman traded a 2nd and a 3rd for Oduya when the Coyotes got Vermette for the above. Perhaps a new thread needs to ask if the Hawks have a GM to build a SC contender?

If you are really paying any attention, the answer is no.

PatrickShart

Liked Posts:
Oduya was needed - and helped the Hawks down the stretch make the playoffs (went 12-2-4 after getting him)