Theoretical Off Season Changes If We Had A Real GM

supraman

Liked Posts:
Don't think it's in the CBA per say, but it's probably frowned upon.

Yeah but so are those front loaded contracts so yeah I say we kidnap them, and give McDick a pair of concrete shoes

Shoots_he_scores

Liked Posts:
University of North Dakota, by way of Oak Lawn
Can the Hawks just kidnap Dustin Brown and Jonathan Quick?

Is there a rule that says they can't?

While we're at it let's grab Matt Greene too. I'd love for him to be on our blueline, no more lack of physicality and he'd really shore up the PK.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Hossa's bad contract? Injury issues? 77 points in 81 games for $5.25M per season? What the fuck?
<
<
<
<
<
<
<
Sweet Jesus, I thought we were done needed purple around here? Funny the smartest guy here is the only one that didn't get the joke.

Pez68

Fire Quenneville
Liked Posts:
Sweet Jesus, I thought we were done needed purple around here? Funny the smartest guy here is the only one that didn't get the joke.

I don't recall who, but someone around here actually DOES think Hossa's contract is bad. I couldn't remember if that was you, or someone else.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="klemmer" data-cid="140540" data-time="1334930693">
<div>

Start with the GM and work downhill.

Focus on hockey instead of superfluous bullshit.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

</p>
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Supra" data-cid="140541" data-time="1334930984">
<div>

I could agree with that Scooter hasn't exactly thrilled me.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

LMAO!</p>

</p>

His first year.</p>

the canadian dream

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="The Canadian Dreamalchuk" data-cid="140677" data-time="1334975490">
<div>

They need the same 3 things they needed going into this season.</p>
<ul class="bbcol decimal">[*]A legit top LW that can play 1st or second line who isn't slow and washed up (could be Saad)
[*]A second line center
[*]A depth blueliner (a right handed shot would be a bonus)
[/list]
Maybe a coaching change? I don't want to get into that one as its been covered every second

Maybe less lame shit from the head office and more focus on the game on the ice

No more buying out contracts (highly unlikely)

</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

Still need these things. 2 years later and still need these god damn things.</p>

</p>

im brillaint</p>

roshinaya

fnord
Donator
Liked Posts:
All this shows are that sports fans are an impatient bunch and knows best.</p>

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="The Canadian Dreamalchuk" data-cid="226994" data-time="1398222600">
<div>

Still need these things. 2 years later and still need these god damn things.</p>

</p>

im brillaint</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

I'd say Brookival (or Rosibank) have somewhat filled that role; maybe not to perfection but better than Montador, Lepisopheles, and O'donnel have.</p>

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
I was really hoping to find one of my "Frolik is more talented and will have a better career than Stalberg" posts in this thread, but to no avail, I must have posted it in the other 100 threads around the same topic. Guess I'll gloat when one of them is resurrected.

PatrickSharpRules

Liked Posts:
Thank you for reminding me how masshavoc doesn't grasp the use of paragraphs haha. </p>

</p>

Also, I don't think any post contains more awful analyzing than the original, sorry Supra. </p>

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Can't pull out a single post, but Christ, Allah, and Odin it's almost embarassing how many were thinking Crawford would be worse than useless, then he and Emery not only go out and win the Jennings (with a massive assist from the team D) and also working their fucking nuts off for the cup.</p>