Theoretical Off Season Changes If We Had A Real GM

Pez68

Fire Quenneville
Liked Posts:
Savard also had many, many concussions before the last one put him out indefinitely. I honestly can't remember Hossa suffering a single concussion in his career before this one. I have a feeling he will recover completely and we will see him at training camp.

R K

I sure hope so. That was about the worst hit/concussion I've ever seen in the over 40 years watching the game. No question, an it wouldn't surprise me if he wasn't in camp either. First, second or what ever.

Pez68

Fire Quenneville
Liked Posts:
I sure hope so. That was about the worst hit/concussion I've ever seen in the over 40 years watching the game. No question, an it wouldn't surprise me if he wasn't in camp either. First, second or what ever.

Yeah, it was really bad. Could have been killed to be honest. I wouldn't be surprised if he wasn't in camp either. I'm just thinking the four months or whatever will be enough for him to recover. I hope, anyways.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:

Didn't you just turn 40 like last year or the year before?

Impeccable memory if you were watching at the age of 2-5.

And I agree 100% that was one of the worst ones I've seen as a fan. Not good if you think he might not even be in camp.

R K

37 years? Like Pez I hope the 4 months between clear him up, but who knows. Lesser hits have cost players a lot more time. Which is why I threw out the question, just as where the Salary Cap will be going into July 1st.

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
Haven't heard or read much about Hossa to be honest. Hopefully someone brings it up at the convention and we can get some kind of an answer.

Shoots_he_scores

Liked Posts:
University of North Dakota, by way of Oak Lawn
Haven't heard or read much about Hossa to be honest. Hopefully someone brings it up at the convention and we can get some kind of an answer.

Cue Q's standard injury answer: "Hossa's looked better, we'll see how he presents tomorrow"

supraman

Liked Posts:
Yeah, it was really bad. Could have been killed to be honest. I wouldn't be surprised if he wasn't in camp either. I'm just thinking the four months or whatever will be enough for him to recover. I hope, anyways.

Look at Sid's recovery time.

As for Suter or Parise, Suter please.

R K

Actually that should be a good berometer if he's actually at the Convention, or not.

Pez68

Fire Quenneville
Liked Posts:
Look at Sid's recovery time.

As for Suter or Parise, Suter please.

Also a guy with multiple concussions. Seems that a concussion very soon after a previous concussion is the bad news here. All the players struggling with the concussions are guys that likely came back too early, and got their bell rung again.

R K

Also a guy with multiple concussions. Seems that a concussion very soon after a previous concussion is the bad news here. All the players struggling with the concussions are guys that likely came back too early, and got their bell rung again.

Again such a hard science to gauge thats just hard to prove. Just as what one SERIOUS Concussion will do.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
I fear that the type of hit he received for that concussion is going to lead to not just physical but mental recovery as well. Guys get hit hard all the time, but it might take a bit for him to get back into full force. It was just such a violent, missile launching blind hit that me may be looking over his shoulder too much for a while. And I don't blame him. On the other hand he has always had mental toughness to work through these things who knows. More than likely he comes back full force and just as strong, but their is a small possibility he is never the same player again. Fuck Torres.

supraman

Liked Posts:
I fear that the type of hit he received for that concussion is going to lead to not just physical but mental recovery as well. Guys get hit hard all the time, but it might take a bit for him to get back into full force. It was just such a violent, missile launching blind hit that me may be looking over his shoulder too much for a while. And I don't blame him. On the other hand he has always had mental toughness to work through these things who knows. More than likely he comes back full force and just as strong, but their is a small possibility he is never the same player again. Fuck Torres.

Fuck it trade'em

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
I'd only trade Kane if Hossa and his bad contract and injury issues go with it...

Pez68

Fire Quenneville
Liked Posts:
I'd only trade Kane if Hossa and his bad contract and injury issues go with it...

Hossa's bad contract? Injury issues? 77 points in 81 games for $5.25M per season? What the fuck?
<
<
<
<
<
<
<

IceHogsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Can the Hawks just kidnap Dustin Brown and Jonathan Quick?

Is there a rule that says they can't?

Are you volunteering? I will buy the duct tape.

And don't forget Fraser!

Maybe as a note we can leave Scooter bound and gagged at the Kings doorstep.

Larmer83

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Maybe as a note we can leave Scooter bound and gagged at the Kings doorstep.

Junior was bound a long time ago. As for the gagging, he still has McD's McDick in his mouth.