Theoretical Off Season Changes If We Had A Real GM

PatrickShart

Liked Posts:
And always the possibility for a trade (which I do still think there will be one or 2 on draft day)

I'm not so sure where Frolik fits in...Olesz may have a shot on the team...there's a bit that can happen

I'm not sure Suter is the option anymore (obviously...I think once Lidstrom retired, there was some inside chatter about DET going big after him...they need to. And even if they land him...they're D is in trouble)

I don't know how...but if they somehow could get Parise...even without getting a 2nd line center....I'd be stoked. He's got Toews compete level - but a better skater. Those 2 together would be ridiculous.

the canadian dream

Liked Posts:
Who says Parise won't re-sign with the Devils? I don't understand how everyone thinks that he is certainly gone from New Jersey. Devils have lots of space to sign Parise when you consider half their large contracts expire at the end in 2013 and I don't think many young players decide to move on after the team they play for just made it to the cup final.

I predict Parise re-signs a long term deal with the Devils.

PatrickShart

Liked Posts:
They need to re-up with Poni as well. No way they can sign both.

But they have 13 players signed for 42 mil already....no goalies signed.

28mil to sign 10 players...if Parise gets 6.5mil of that...I'm not sure they can go to the cap. Weren't they for sale/having money issues?

the canadian dream

Liked Posts:
They need to re-up with Poni as well. No way they can sign both.

But they have 13 players signed for 42 mil already....no goalies signed.

28mil to sign 10 players...if Parise gets 6.5mil of that...I'm not sure they can go to the cap. Weren't they for sale/having money issues?

Fair enough. Poni will demand a 5 year deal at 5 per..rightfully so.

I know they have a lot of players to sign I just look at the 18 plus million that comes off the book at the end of next season and I think they could probably work something out this year for Parise. Who knows what Marty is thinking. Could come back another year and could do so at cheap. I just have a feeling Parise will re-sign (I want him a Hawk like everyone else).

I don't know the CBA that well but what is stopping the Devils from signing Parise one year at a cheap cost with a wink wink wink we will give you the real money at the end of next year. Is there a rule forbidding this or does it effect a players future free agency status too much?

To be honest if he does go elsewhere I could see him in Minnesota more than anywhere else.

Shoots_he_scores

Liked Posts:
University of North Dakota, by way of Oak Lawn
Yes please... I don't think Parise will get 7.5 but I threw it in to show that the Hawks could probably work him in even if they made him their highest paid player.

FORWARDS

Zach Parise ($7.500m) / Jonathan Toews ($6.300m) / Patrick Kane ($6.300m)

Viktor Stalberg ($0.875m) / Patrick Sharp ($5.900m) / Marian Hossa ($5.275m)

Daniel Carcillo ($0.825m) / Dave Bolland ($3.375m) / Andrew Shaw ($0.565m)

Bryan Bickell ($0.542m) / Marcus Kruger ($0.900m) / Jamal Mayers ($0.650m)

Jimmy Hayes ($0.875m)

DEFENSEMEN

Brent Seabrook ($5.800m) / Duncan Keith ($5.538m)

Niklas Hjalmarsson ($3.500m) / Nick Leddy ($1.117m)

Steve Montador ($2.750m) / Johnny Oduya ($3.383m)

GOALTENDERS

Corey Crawford ($2.667m)

Ray Emery ($1.150m)

------

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)

(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)

SALARY CAP: $70,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $65,786,794; BONUSES: $587,500

CAP SPACE (21-man roster): $4,513,206

Pez68

Fire Quenneville
Liked Posts:
I don't think the Hawks sign ANYONE at a higher cap hit than Toews and Kane. If Parise is looking for that much, see ya. He's not worth it.

Shoots_he_scores

Liked Posts:
I don't think the Hawks sign ANYONE at a higher cap hit than Toews and Kane. If Parise is looking for that much, see ya. He's not worth it.

I think you're 100% correct. I would love to see them dangle a figure of 6-6.5 in front of him, if he truly wants to win he'll think hard about it. Don't underestimate the North Dakota connection with Toews either, although they never played together, the North Dakota hockey family is extremely tight and I'm sure Toews could do a little convincing.

R K

well there was some chatter during the allstar game. It wouldn't surprise me seeing Suter or Parise in Chicago IF there was Cap space and if Rocky was willing to spend it, unlike last year. I think both desire to play here.

R K

I think you're 100% correct. I would love to see them dangle a figure of 6-6.5 in front of him, if he truly wants to win he'll think hard about it. Don't underestimate the North Dakota connection with Toews either, although they never played together, the North Dakota hockey family is extremely tight and I'm sure Toews could do a little convincing.

Don't underestimate the USA program connection with the other Chicago star either.

Shoots_he_scores

Liked Posts:
Just another connection, leads me to believe him playing on the left side of Toews/Kane would really generate some good chemistry. Rocky shelling out the money and Stan having the balls to pull the trigger on it won't happen though.

supraman

Liked Posts:
Suter just built a big house in Madison, Chicago is awfully close to Wisconsin, he grew up a hawks fan since his uncle played here so we are in the hunter for Suter if we make room for him

BigPete

Liked Posts:
Suter just built a big house in Madison, Chicago is awfully close to Wisconsin, he grew up a hawks fan since his uncle played here so we are in the hunter for Suter if we make room for him

It's like Seven Degrees of Kevin Bacon!!!! He's totally ours!

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
According to cap geek we have 8 million available if the cap is 70 million.

Unless we move Hammer or Keith, Suter won't be coming to Chicago. He will probably command 6-7 million on the market.

We don't need Parise, we need depth. Wasting 6 million on one LW will not provide us depth.

Go after Stoll for our second line. Give him a 2 year contract at 4 million. Hopefully when his contract is over you can have one of the guys in the system take his spot (Pirri,McNeill, Hayes). If one were to be ready before the 2 years are up, then you can bump Stoll to 3rd line and trade Bolland or trade Stoll. This free's Kane from playing center.

Stalberg-Toews-Kane

Sharp-Stoll-Hossa

Carcillo-Bolland-Frolik

Shaw-Mayers/Kruger-Bollig/Bickell

Hayes back to AHL

Want a tough dman who can move the puck? Get rid of Hjarmalson and sign either Brad Stuart or Barret Jackman.

Seabs-Keith

Leddy-Stuart/Jackman

Olsen-Oduya

That right there looks a hell of a lot better than:

Sharp-Toews-Hossa

Stalberg-Kane-Carcillo

Shaw-Bolland-Frolik

Bickell-Mayers/Kruger-Bollig/Hayes

Seabs-Keith

Leddy-Hammer

Olsen-Oduya

Ton

Liked Posts:
Stoll is not even close to being a 2nd line C, you'd just create another problem by adding a 3rd/4th line C to the revolving door.

Either Sharp has to move back to center or get traded for someone who can be the 2nd line C. None of this "I don't want to play center" bullshit, right now he is clearly the best option we have and probably the best option including free agency. The Hawks would be smart to sign Parise, no matter the cost, and move Sharp back to C.

Parise/Toews/Kane

Stalberg/Sharp/Hossa

You can't look at that without cracking a smile.

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
Stoll is not even close to being a 2nd line C, you'd just create another problem by adding a 3rd/4th line C to the revolving door.

Either Sharp has to move back to center or get traded for someone who can be the 2nd line C. None of this "I don't want to play center" bullshit, right now he is clearly the best option we have and probably the best option including free agency. The Hawks would be smart to sign Parise, no matter the cost, and move Sharp back to C.

Parise/Toews/Kane

Stalberg/Sharp/Hossa

You can't look at that without cracking a smile.

Stoll could play 2nd line C. He moves the puck, is good on faceoffs, is physical and can play any role you ask of him.

IceHogsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
[sup]Even if Hossa were to come back, would he ever be 100% after that severe of a concussion?[/sup]

Ton

Liked Posts:
Stoll could play 2nd line C. He moves the puck, is good on faceoffs, is physical and can play any role you ask of him.

Sounds like the intangibles of a 3rd/4th line C to me. If Stoll is your 2nd line C for a full season, that is called a hole in depth. The guy put up just over 20 points last season and has a total of 4 points in the playoffs this year, that's not enough production out of a guy who should at least have 0.5 PPG in that role to be considered adequate at best. He isn't getting any younger either.

Adding someone like Stoll isn't helping the 2nd line over anything we iced last year. Might as well play Kruger there another year.

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
Sounds like the intangibles of a 3rd/4th line C to me. If Stoll is your 2nd line C for a full season, that is called a hole in depth. The guy put up just over 20 points last season and has a total of 4 points in the playoffs this year, that's not enough production out of a guy who should at least have 0.5 PPG in that role to be considered adequate at best.

Adding someone like Stoll isn't helping the 2nd line over anything we iced last year. Might as well play Kruger there another year.

He played 3rd line minutes, and now more than likely in the playoffs 4th line.

He has more skill than Bolland and he would take some of the tension off Toews as our go to faceoff guy. He'd be great for the PK which has sucked and would also give the Hawks some relief on Kane from playing C.

Ton

Liked Posts:
He played 3rd line minutes, and now more than likely in the playoffs 4th line.

He has more skill than Bolland and he would take some of the tension off Toews as our go to faceoff guy. He'd be great for the PK which has sucked and would also give the Hawks some relief on Kane from playing C.

Exactly, he's playing those minutes because that's where he belongs on a contender. I also disagree that he has more skill than Bolland.

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
Sounds like the intangibles of a 3rd/4th line C to me. If Stoll is your 2nd line C for a full season, that is called a hole in depth. The guy put up just over 20 points last season and has a total of 4 points in the playoffs this year, that's not enough production out of a guy who should at least have 0.5 PPG in that role to be considered adequate at best. He isn't getting any younger either.

There aren't any 2nd line C's out there during the UFA this year.

Why they don't give Pirri a shot is beyond me. He's done well in his appearances with limited ice time and has done well with Rockford.