this is kinda like looking at your x gf's facebook

pinkizdead

Liked Posts:
ben gordon 21 pts. 7-11 fg. 4-6 3pm-3pa, 3-3 ft, +21 +/-, 2 rebounds, 1 ast.

granted it was against a defensive juggernaut team like memphis, but it's still impressive given he came off the bench and played 21 minutes.

Fred

Liked Posts:
Wow. I can't handle these updates all year, btw. Too hard. "Memphis guards Mike Conley and O.J. Mayo combined to shoot only 3 of 16 from the floor in the game." Maybe Gordon was guarding the center or power forward, because I can't believe he could be playing defense too.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
I watched the game. Those guys didn't play well is all. Rudy Gay and Gasol did but not much else was happening for Memphis.

Watching and reporting Gordon stats all year would be like Bears fans watching Orton or Benson all year...proves absolutely nothing....

pinkizdead

Liked Posts:
Re:this is kinda like looking at your x gf's faceb

right.

pinkizdead

Liked Posts:

means nothing....

??? ??????

Liked Posts:

Ben might challenge the three point record this season. Keuster's offense does a good job of creating space for Gordon to get off good three point looks.

It looks like Gordon will probably get the start on Thursday night, as Hamilton is injured.

Fred

Liked Posts:
houheffna wrote:
I watched the game. Those guys didn't play well is all. Rudy Gay and Gasol did but not much else was happening for Memphis.

Watching and reporting Gordon stats all year would be like Bears fans watching Orton or Benson all year...proves absolutely nothing....

Well, it proves a little something. If Gordon throws up another 20 PPG this season...and we struggle offensively...and Deng puts up another average season....it proves our management knows absolutely nothing, and we're being run by a egomaniacal moron in the form of Jerry Reinsdorf. I thought last year kind of proved it, but I hope I'm wrong.

pinkizdead

Liked Posts:

what are you talking about? the bulls offense is absolutely brilliant. have you seen the preseason games? i mean brad miller, taj gibson, are okay but we have HINRICH, DENG, AND the new and improved ben gordon, JANERO PARGO! our efficiency is going to be through the roof. Plus you expect big things on the offensive end from both Noah and Tyrus.

cool007

Liked Posts:

Not that I don't support Keeping Gordon over Deng or Hinrich but I think you guys will be surprised that we will be good enough offensive team and much better defensive team this year (not because of no Gordon but now that the whole camp was about defense and I do see much better pick and roll defense and help defense).

Especially this year, I see a MUCH BETTER Noah/Tyrus and Hinrich seems to be back to his 06-07 form and John Salmons is not that bad of a SG either. I just hope Deng produces and be consistent and hope he can stay healthy.

I also see much improved Rose and Vinny as well.

Those are good enough to be a good basketball team and I think Bulls will not only match last year's wins but win some more games.

mlewinth

Liked Posts:

cool007 wrote:
Not that I don't support Keeping Gordon over Deng or Hinrich but I think you guys will be surprised that we will be good enough offensive team and much better defensive team this year (not because of no Gordon but now that the whole camp was about defense and I do see much better pick and roll defense and help defense).

Especially this year, I see a MUCH BETTER Noah/Tyrus and Hinrich seems to be back to his 06-07 form and John Salmons is not that bad of a SG either. I just hope Deng produces and be consistent and hope he can stay healthy.

I also see much improved Rose and Vinny as well.

Those are good enough to be a good basketball team and I think Bulls will not only match last year's wins but win some more games.

Cool...I like your optimism! I agree!

pinkizdead

Liked Posts:

i'm not saying the bulls offense wont be adequate, but dont think we should hold onto this offensive group for too long. we need serious change for the future. Our team is getting killed. The wizards game before brad miller came in, we were at 14% shooting. 14! Our defense and ability to get to the line will keep us in a lot of games, but we really need to step up on the offense.

cool007

Liked Posts:

pinkizdead wrote:
i'm not saying the bulls offense wont be adequate, but dont think we should hold onto this offensive group for too long. we need serious change for the future. Our team is getting killed. The wizards game before brad miller came in, we were at 14% shooting. 14! Our defense and ability to get to the line will keep us in a lot of games, but we really need to step up on the offense.

The problem is that we had lot of guys missing games left and right so offense does suffer because of that but defense should never change and it didn't this is why it was a big positive.

I hope now that we have everyone back, our offense should be just fine.

Shakes

Iconoclast
Liked Posts:
There's no reason not to believe he'll score 20PPG on a good percentage (providing he gets the minutes) in Detroit, since he's already proven he can do that when he was with the Bulls. We don't really need an update thread to tell us Ben Gordon can play basketball.

I expect the Bulls are going to struggle a bit at first with the interrupted pre-seasons of some key players, so lets not be too hasty in declaring the season a disaster if we suck offensively today. ;)

pinkizdead

Liked Posts:

we're not too perimeter orientated anymore

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:

I can't help but to think some of you would rather BG succeed and the Bulls fail. I find that sad.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

houheffna wrote:
I can't help but to think some of you would rather BG succeed and the Bulls fail. I find that sad.
Anyone who holds that opinion should have their Bulls fan license revoked. Team > BG. Always.

??? ??????

Liked Posts:

houheffna wrote:

I think it's more of a case of people wanting to see BG succeed and thinking the Bulls will fail.

I personally hope both Ben Gordon and the Bulls both succeed.

I'll admit, I'm a big Ben Gordon fan. Best Bull with MJ, hard not to be a big fan of his if you were a Bulls fan tonight. I'll probably have the Bulls game on the TV tonight, and the Ben Gordon game on the laptop.

But come on, I think it's a stretch to say anyone here wants the Bulls to fail. I think there are people who think they won't be all that good, but I haven't seen many predictions lower than the high 30's, so it's not like anyone thinks the Bulls are going to be a craptastic team this year.

mlewinth

Liked Posts:

??? ?????? wrote:
houheffna wrote:

I think it's more of a case of people wanting to see BG succeed and thinking the Bulls will fail.

I personally hope both Ben Gordon and the Bulls both succeed.

I'll admit, I'm a big Ben Gordon fan. Best Bull with MJ, hard not to be a big fan of his if you were a Bulls fan tonight. I'll probably have the Bulls game on the TV tonight, and the Ben Gordon game on the laptop.

But come on, I think it's a stretch to say anyone here wants the Bulls to fail. I think there are people who think they won't be all that good, but I haven't seen many predictions lower than the high 30's, so it's not like anyone thinks the Bulls are going to be a craptastic team this year.

49!!!

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:

I'll admit, I'm a big Ben Gordon fan. Best Bull with MJ, hard not to be a big fan of his if you were a Bulls fan tonight.

Could you please explain this statement? Best Bull with MJ? I don't know what you mean. He is definitely not the best Bull with MJ, like they are tied or something, he is not the best Bull SINCE MJ either, but that is a matter of opinion....

??? ??????

Liked Posts:

He's the best Bull since MJ. In terms of production, efficiency, and winning, it's no contest.