this is kinda like looking at your x gf's facebook

TheStig

Liked Posts:
Re:this is kinda like looking at your x gf's faceb

houheffna wrote:
Okay,lets say BG was the best player...the team was bad, and only made the playoffs because the conference sucks...and he is NOT top 10 at his position so why wouldn't he be expendable?

The question is who is the most important player on the team...it is not and never was BG. So later for him...

It is kinda sad we traded Wallace and couldn't have just played him in his role. I mean having a 15-25mpg Wallace is better than Hughes. He looked decent after the deal when he played appropriate minutes. Hughes was just terrible.

They traded Wallace because he was cancerous to the team and one of the principal reasons Skiles was fired...not for any other reason.

We got the greatest rebounder in NBA history to replace Horace Grant. When we get the greatest scorer of all time to replace BG, I will stop complaining. That is pretty much the line of thinking you are pushing. Grant was good but Rodman was elite. Regardless of this whole argument, my main issue is with deciding to keep inferior players in Kirk or Deng over him. Grant wasn't our best player on that team. MJ and Pip were clearly better. BG was our best player last year.

Horace left in 94, getting Rodman was not by design...like this BG situation is. You really think Horace was let go because Krause wanted Rodman? So Gordon is to the Bulls in 09 what Jordan was to the Bulls in.....no! That sentence shouldn't even be finished.
Grant was a role player, and an allstar, all league defender. You put unreasonable explanations out there that are senseless to justify the complaints you make...we have to get the greatest scorer of all time in order to justify losing a lets say good player...makes no sense, they justify it by getting a better player for their team and their system, that is all of the justification they need. Again, if they get Johnson from ATL, that is justification enough, let alone Dwayne Wade...the decision is made, the Bulls have their eye on others, and they are taking the risk, which I believe is worth it. If the boy from Miami can double the production of BG and he comes here, they will be geniuses. If they strike out...they strike out. The ONLY complaint I have over letting anybody go except Rose is letting them go for nothing. They should trade asset for asset if possible, other than that, BG, Deng, Hinrich...they can all hit the road.

But why was Wallace canererous here? Clearly he wasn't cancerous anywhere else. You have to ask yourselves why some of these guys fail here and succeed elsewhere. Over the past yr and a half, no one has had any problems with him and any before that. Don't you think that it might be something on the bulls that brought it out? There has to be more behind the scenes we don't know about.

If any one the bulls sign double BG's 20+ppg and averages over 40ppg, I will personally fly out to anywhere you live and give you a cookie. But seriously, you are relying on lucking into someone better next offseason thats just luck. And even if you do land someone, unless its Wade, I still think you are much better off with BG over Kirk.

As you said, getting rodman was just that. Where would that team be without him? Thats what you are trying to do again. Its not a solid plan.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:

DWade is twice the player BG is, you are talking about one of the top 5 players in the league and arguably the best defensive wing player in the league and.....BG. DWade = 2 BGs.

Its the Bulls fault Wallace started off here breaking rules and being a disruption? I don't think so. He had problems in Detroit before he got here, he didn't get along with the coach at the time, and openly complained about it...

You and Ben Wallace's wife might be the only people saying that he should not have been traded and that what happened he wasn't culpable for. It is a solid plan, without Rodman though, the Bulls would have been contenders...

I don't think we are MUCH better off with BG over Kirk. BG is not a MUCH better player than Kirk, Kirk has a better all around game so I think you are exaggerating quite a bit there. That is one of the symptoms of BGitis. Totally render former teammates of his physically handicap if necessary to prove the point of BG's superiority...jk.

TheStig

Liked Posts:

houheffna wrote:
DWade is twice the player BG is, you are talking about one of the top 5 players in the league and arguably the best defensive wing player in the league and.....BG. DWade = 2 BGs.

Its the Bulls fault Wallace started off here breaking rules and being a disruption? I don't think so. He had problems in Detroit before he got here, he didn't get along with the coach at the time, and openly complained about it...

You and Ben Wallace's wife might be the only people saying that he should not have been traded and that what happened he wasn't culpable for. It is a solid plan, without Rodman though, the Bulls would have been contenders...

I don't think we are MUCH better off with BG over Kirk. BG is not a MUCH better player than Kirk, Kirk has a better all around game so I think you are exaggerating quite a bit there. That is one of the symptoms of BGitis. Totally render former teammates of his physically handicap if necessary to prove the point of BG's superiority...jk.

One Wade doesn't even hit half as many 3's as one BG. Let alone two. I get and agree with your point Wade is much better but he is not 2 BG's. Now he is 2 Kirks. That I will give you.

Yeah he didn't get along with coach's mainly flip but he still had no where the issues here. Had none in cleavland, I wonder what got so bad here.

I don't think he is much better than kirk but he is significantly better. But I'm not going to debate that with you, we have have beaten it to death.

??? ??????

Liked Posts:

The problem with letting Ben Gordon go, is that Ben Gordon is a better player than Luol Deng, John Salmons, Kirk Hinrich, Derrick Rose, Tyrus Thomas, Joakim Noah, Brad Miller, and so on. We let our best player walk away for a very fair contract.

I must repeat that. Ben Gordon is better than anyone on the Bulls. You don't start building a championship team by getting rid of your best player. If they want to do the 2010 plan, fine. But it should have started with getting rid of Deng, Hinrich, Salmons, Miller, Thomas, Noah, etc. before getting rid of BG.

Shakes

Iconoclast
Liked Posts:

It's easier to get rid of the guy you don't have to sign vs getting rid of the guys you have to find a trade partner for. Especially since we had to make a decision on BG before trading those guys ... if we sign BG then can't trade them then it's game over for the 2010 plan.

Ultimately we're more likely to win a championship on the very slight chance of LeBron coming here than any scenario where we keep BG but don't get a free agent, so I doubt you're going to change the minds of anyone who is pro the 2010 gamble.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:

I must repeat that. Ben Gordon is better than anyone on the Bulls. You don't start building a championship team by getting rid of your best player. If they want to do the 2010 plan, fine. But it should have started with getting rid of Deng, Hinrich, Salmons, Miller, Thomas, Noah, etc. before getting rid of BG.

I would rather have one Wade then 2 BGs is my point by the way. Wade wins championships.

If your best player is not in the top 25 in the league and not upper echelon at his position, it shows the sorry state of your team and that player is just as expendable as everybody else. The only issue is letting him walk for nothing. But he is not a keeper, the guy they just got 1st pick in the draft is. He is the only keeper, though Noah seems to be making some noise...we will see about that. They wanted more size in the backcourt, that is what they will pursue in the future and are satisfied with what they have now, until the offseason...

??? ??????

Liked Posts:

The Bucks announcer just called Ben Gordon one of the best small shooting guards of all time.

Also: "He plays bigger than 6'3"

pinkizdead

Liked Posts:

he's like bizzaarrro neil funk.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:

The Bucks announcer just called Ben Gordon one of the best small shooting guards of all time.

Also: "He plays bigger than 6'3"

Who is the Bucks announcer? Do you even know? Tell him I disagree with him, got two words for him...Sidney Moncrief...two more...Alvin Robertson...both played in Milwaukee, tell Bucks Announcer to learn Bucks history...