Thoughts and Observations: Week 1 Packers

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Should he have the full trust of Nagy right now?

This is a process.

Yes he should. He is an NFL QB. We all complained when Fox was handcuffing Trubs with his Fisher Price offense so there is no reason to give Nagy a pass particularly when the dumb ass sitting his team during preseason.

There is a difference between scaling the offense back vs calling a Pee Wee League Offense with all those dumb ass John Shoop screens and 3 yard passes. Like give me a fucking break. That shit is inexcusable.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
If you would have told me last week that Trubisky would lead the Bears to an early lead, not throw an INT and have his team in the game up until the very end, i would say, "Hell yea. I'll take it."

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Should he have the full trust of Nagy right now?

This is a process.

Yeah, or else he shouldn't be playing. Or else he should have played more in the preseason to gain that trust. Or else they shouldn't have spent 400 million dollars this offseason to try to contend this year.

billwade

Liked Posts:
Maybe John Fox wasn't the problem? The only constant now is Trubisky.

It's time to take it under consideration. Last night was the reason I thought the decision to sit the offense pretty much throughout the entire preseason was asinine. You can't simulate pressure game conditions like last night in practice. We've become all too familiar with that deer in the headlights look on the QBs face, and Trubisky had it at 20-3. A pattern is emerging of a few killer laser throws surrounded by a bunch of head scratching decisions and wild inaccuracy. I don't care if it's game 1 under Nagy, Trubisky has played in 13 NFL games so far and started most of them. It's time to see him start justifying being the #2 pick in the draft.

Sagbear

Liked Posts:
I am really excited to see this defense once floyd cast comes off and Smith is in there full time. The front 7 can be deadly once they're all in Sync

For the offense I thought Nagy got to cute at times with some of the plays designs and should throw in some more power plays to go with all the RPO's and misdirection plays.

How Nagy and Trubisky respond and adjust against the Seahawks will be very telling for the rest of the season.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
It's time to take it under consideration. Last night was the reason I thought the decision to sit the offense pretty much throughout the entire preseason was asinine. You can't simulate pressure game conditions like last night in practice. We've become all too familiar with that deer in the headlights look on the QBs face, and Trubisky had it at 20-3. A pattern is emerging of a few killer laser throws surrounded by a bunch of head scratching decisions and wild inaccuracy. I don't care if it's game 1 under Nagy, Trubisky has played in 13 NFL games so far and started most of them. It's time to see him start justifying being the #2 pick in the draft.

None of this is true.

Can't simulate game conditions in a fake game.
He didn't have any kind of look on his face when it was 20-3, you couldn't see it with a helmet on anyway.
There wasn't a "bunch" of head scratching decisions, literally like 2.
There wasn't wild inaccuracy for a guy that completed 66% with at least 2 drops.
Trubisky has started all 13 games he's played.
You point out it's 13 games in, then say it's time to start justifying the pick, which contradicts yourself. It's not even a full season worth of games yet.

Xuder O'Clam

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Inexperienced QB running a new offense by a new HC. QB has no special qualities to counter his inexperience, except maybe his legs, on occasion. I'm not surprised, yet.

Sagbear

Liked Posts:
adam schefter this morning made a very interesting point:

Rodgers getting hurt almost helped them as in they changed it up to quick rhythm and timing throws vs him extending plays and getting out of the pocket where we could track him down.

Ej63090

Anti-Exultant Cruise Dire
Liked Posts:
Interesting that we are getting bitching about conservative play calling, but on 3rd & 1 we run a perfect play getting Cohen matchup up against a D Lineman to ice the game?

He’d be a genius if Trubisky had the balls to throw it.

Sagbear

Liked Posts:
Interesting that we are getting bitching about conservative play calling, but on 3rd & 1 we run a perfect play getting Cohen matchup up against a D Lineman to ice the game?

He’d be a genius if Trubisky had the balls to throw it.

Missing that throw and the EZ throw to Robinson were heart breaking and throws Mitch HAS to make to beat teams like this.

policeman

Son of beech
Liked Posts:
My confidence in Trubisky is badly shaken after last night. That 2nd half was brutal. Several times he had a clean pocket, couldn't/wouldn't throw it - and instead took off running. Looked like a scared, udfa rookie.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My confidence in Trubisky is badly shaken after last night. That 2nd half was brutal. Several times he had a clean pocket, couldn't/wouldn't throw it - and instead took off running. Looked like a scared, udfa rookie.

It is fair to have your confidence shaken, but at the same time my confidence was sky high in the 1st half. I thought he was delivering dimes.

The truth is that this is more of a work in progress than I had hoped. The buzz in training camp and all of the "Swaggy Nagy" talk had me unrealistically expecting the offense to just go.

Lots of young QBs got exposed yesterday against good teams. It happens. The QB position is not a linear path where you reach good and there are no bad days or regressions.

Bronze65

Liked Posts:
You guys can sit there and blame a rookie QB, whose first game at Lambeau field, knowing the rivalry, new coach, new system, new team, OR...

... you can blame a defensive coordinator who never ONCE sent more than one guy against a quarterback who COULD NOT RUN. ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
There wasn't wild inaccuracy for a guy that completed 66% with at least 2 drops.

Misleading stat though. Trubs had 10 passes behind the LoS and was 9/10 which gross inflated his completion percentage. Take those away and he was 14/25 for only 56% completion. By contrast JG and Watson only had 2 passes each behind the LoS.

So it was a Fisher Price offense that Trubs ran hence why he threw it 35 times, completed 23 of them but still only ended up with 171 yards.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I think the thing that pissed me off the most is that when Rodgers got back in the game....it was suddenly hands off. I kept rewinding the DVR to watch plays and at least one and most of the time two Packer line men were holding on most every pass...pretty obvious ones as well. I don't remember any holding calls being made after the injury. Almost like "Rodgers is hurt" and the league wouldn't like losing him again.

PickSix

Liked Posts:
You guys can sit there and blame a rookie QB, whose first game at Lambeau field, knowing the rivalry, new coach, new system, new team, OR...

... you can blame a defensive coordinator who never ONCE sent more than one guy against a quarterback who COULD NOT RUN. ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING.

Exactly. Fangio was a chicken shit front hole last night. Go get that peg leg statue.

Devastator

BANNED
Liked Posts:
Misleading stat though. Trubs had 10 passes behind the LoS and was 9/10 which gross inflated his completion percentage. Take those away and he was 14/25 for only 56% completion. By contrast JG and Watson only had 2 passes each behind the LoS.

So it was a Fisher Price offense that Trubs ran hence why he threw it 35 times, completed 23 of them but still only ended up with 171 yards.

Watson’s play yesterday was awful. He had 3 completions, 30 yards and an INT at halftime. All his yards and completions can near the end of the game when it was garbage time. He looks a lot worse the Trubs

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
I couldn’t believe how bad Kwiatowski was. Makes you really appreciate trevethian and also really understand the Roquan Smith pick. But he was pretty serviceable last season between freeman suspension and trevethian injury. Pretty disappointing if you ask me guys like him as our cap becomes a problem have a huge opportunity when we need to start letting guys like trevethian go.

And Simms on offense is an abomination. Are they trying to trade this guy by playing him? I never got this signing he doesn’t fit the bill on anything pace looks for. He just a giant dud out there. He must be one of those fox signings

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:

Sounds like we are running that garbage ass trestman offense lol