Thoughts and Observations: Week 1 Packers

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
IMHO...Trey Burton had a very quiet night because Joshua Jackson had an outstanding game. The Pack's secondary seems to be finally looking more strength than glaring weakness.

They were placing coverage all night with 5CBs out there. You think it’s a coincidence that Howard was averaging over 5 ypc?

Xuder O'Clam

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Trey Burton, 5 catches for 25 yards, with a long of 31. Something was not working on 4 of those completions.

Edit - It was Gabriel, not Burton.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Watson’s play yesterday was awful. He had 3 completions, 30 yards and an INT at halftime. All his yards and completions can near the end of the game when it was garbage time. He looks a lot worse the Trubs

Lol, no one is saying that Watson played well. He played like shit. The point is hyping up Trubs completion percentage is dumb. Trubs looked like shit. He just had a 90% completion rate on 10 passes that your grandma can complete.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Sounds like we are running that garbage ass trestman offense lol

Not it is the Gary Crowton/John Shoop offense.

Trey Burton, 5 catches for 25 yards, with a long of 31. Something was not working on 4 of those completions.

10 screens will do that to you. Although that is Gabriel. Burton only had 1 catch for 15 yards. 15 million a year between them well spent.

A.C. Milan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Watson’s play yesterday was awful. He had 3 completions, 30 yards and an INT at halftime. All his yards and completions can near the end of the game when it was garbage time. He looks a lot worse the Trubs

You're right and i know you are answering to Remy's post so this is not against you, it's against the board.. but who tf cares about how bad Watson looked yesterday? And who tf will care when he'll have a good game? Trubisky looked lost and the Bears blown a 20 points lead at Lambeau, this is what we should care about, i'm tired of reading about Watson, Jimmy G etc

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Yeah just checked. Gabriel had 4 screens for minus 6 yards. Tyreek Hill he is not.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
You're right and i know you are answering to Remy's post so this is not against you, it's against the board.. but who tf cares about how bad Watson looked yesterday? And who tf will care when he'll have a good game? Trubisky looked lost and the Bears blown a 20 points lead at Lambeau, this is what we should care about, i'm tired of reading about Watson, Jimmy G etc

The only reason I brought it up was to say don't get fooled by the completion percentage. 10 screen passes inflated Trubs numbers.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Hey Windy, trying to send you a PM but said you need to delete to free storage. Got a ? For you.
It is fair to have your confidence shaken, but at the same time my confidence was sky high in the 1st half. I thought he was delivering dimes.

The truth is that this is more of a work in progress than I had hoped. The buzz in training camp and all of the "Swaggy Nagy" talk had me unrealistically expecting the offense to just go.

Lots of young QBs got exposed yesterday against good teams. It happens. The QB position is not a linear path where you reach good and there are no bad days or regressions.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
-Kyle Fuller - The TD throw was one of the 10 best throws I have ever seen and I cannot fault him for that.
People missed that Kyle Fuller was amazing on that play.

The Green Bay WR should have been called for offensive pass interference. He wasn´t because he pushed Fuller back a few steps earlier than normal so it was hard to see. Fuller made up the momentum lost and the ground lost in an instant.

If it weren´t for Rodger´s perfect throw, he would have been able to knock it away even with the pass interference.

DrGonzo

Dump VJJ
Donator
Liked Posts:
Last night I wanted to blame Nagy for the loss, and certainly the buck stops with him. I figured his job was to keep the game from getting too big for Trubisky and he blew that with his horrible play calling and inability to adjust.

But in retrospect I see this as a complete team loss. So many players could have changed the outcome if they just made one makeable play, Trubisky, Fuller and Jackson to name three non-rookies. Young teams with new coaching staffs will be inconsistent, however talent is no longer lacking and expectations rightly are higher.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
I was told penalties, or lack thereof, and Aaron Lynch were to blame for last night.

No stupid. Learn how to read, shit for brains.

Lynch was the one player who was on the field who wasn´t even trying to play. He was going through the motions.

Then again, it is like trying to teach a stump something.

r1terrell23

Liked Posts:
The only reason I brought it up was to say don't get fooled by the completion percentage. 10 screen passes inflated Trubs numbers.

The screens failed miserably, so his numbers were not inflated. Unless you mean completion percentage.

Xuder O'Clam

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Over the last 24 minutes of the game, after the FG in the third, Trubisky went 5 of 14 for 29 yards.

JUSTWIN

BANNED
Liked Posts:
Over the last 24 minutes of the game, after the FG in the third, Trubisky went 5 of 14 for 29 yards.

I know..WTF??? Did he just not have it? Don't tell me no one was open. That shit reminded me of Trent Dilfer back in Tampa. How the hell can't you stay poised and complete a simple 10 yard pass in that span. Very very concerning.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I know..WTF??? Did he just not have it? Don't tell me no one was open. That shit reminded me of Trent Dilfer back in Tampa. How the hell can't you stay poised and complete a simple 10 yard pass in that span. Very very concerning.

He got rattled. It happens to every QB except the legends.

JUSTWIN

BANNED
Liked Posts:
He got rattled. It happens to every QB except the legends.

If he was rattled, it was more than the norm because he didn't even look to pass really...just looking for an opening to tuck and run.