Thoughts and Observations: Week 4 Bucs

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I hope that this game will give Trubisky more confidence in the deep ball. He made all the throws yesterday and maybe he just needed to prove to himself that he could. He did everything right yesterday. I hope this could make him more consistent and a little more consistency from him would give the bears the scores they need to win games without the defense carrying them. He played about as well as any QB has this season, and maybe this will be a bit of a turning point. I don't expect him to be elite or anything now, but I think the added confidence will make him a bit better.

Good to read about Trubisky working an extra hour after practice on the deep ball, throwing into a net downfield. It worked.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
One improvement I noticed was when an OT got beat it wasn't the usual chase the guy pushing him towards Trubuchet. They were keeping pressure on the side so the defender wasn't getting there. With all the time he was getting Mitch could've had even more time by stepping up into a solid pocket. Great strides were made by the oline.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
its likely the same reason why the steelers didnt blitz the ravens last night...blitzing tends to work when you have a strong secondary to support in case the blitz doesnt get home. the bucs did it against the steelers and got burned most notably conte getting pummeled by mcdonald for a TD.

Except PIT is extremely dangerous down the field with Brown, Smith, and Big Ben. The point was this: didn't TB at least do some scouting about how Trubisky struggled against the blitz in the previous games?

wazzupi

Liked Posts:
My favorite replay of a small moment from the game was on the Eddie Jackson pick; they showed a field level view and Adrian Amos was starting the play damn near in the end zone at the start of the play. It's almost like they want him to stay the hell away from the action and not mess anything up.

Did you ever stop to think that maybe just maybe they wanted him to get a really big start off to the player who breaks the safety zone so he could literally destroy them off the catch ?!?!? Look what he did to a huge ass TE made that mofoer cry in agony from a simple 6 yards of cushion imagine the hammer when he is 15 yards away running full steam at a mofoer the chaos it would bring "oh the horror" being yelled out from the stands, all The RIP signs that will be made, on the spot, year born and deceased included. No one wants any of amos. Desean jackson got a taste and what did he do after that play ?!?! Nothing !

cd35

Liked Posts:
-Jordan Howard was not highly involved, which killed my fantasy team, but was more of a creation of Nagy finding a mismatch with Cohen and the passing game and mercilessly pounding the Bucs with it.

Haha, was in the same boat.

This as a nice forward stride in both the play calling and Mitch's play. Of course 6 TDs is fun to watch but what was more important was him making the right reads, settling down and hitting receivers and looking comfortable. Picking the right times to run also. In the previous games he just looked shaky but here you saw the poise come out. He just has to keep it up and be ready when a good D brings pressure. That will be the real test but it does seem like something has finally clicked which is what everyone was hoping and waiting for

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I thought it was kind of weird bears were rotating Daniels and Kush.

Did Kush get dinged up? Are they trying to get Daniels into the starting lineup, but he isn't quite up to speed? Was it a test? Did he fail?

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Kevin Fishbain

@kfishbain
Matt Nagy on Kevin White: "He had around 25 plays, and they were productive plays, and I’m really proud of him right now because he made some great blocks."

10:36 AM - Oct 1, 2018

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Kevin Fishbain

@kfishbain
Matt Nagy on Kevin White: "He had around 25 plays, and they were productive plays, and I’m really proud of him right now because he made some great blocks."

10:36 AM - Oct 1, 2018

ugh....

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Why "ugh"?
You want your coach to be UNhappy with a WR?

Was White targeted too much for your liking?

he's a first round draft choice that has been around in his 4th year, we have an offensive mind and his best compliment is he blocked well......

so ugh

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

Did Kush get dinged up? Are they trying to get Daniels into the starting lineup, but he isn't quite up to speed? Was it a test? Did he fail?

The whole LG situation has been handled extremely weird. I think they were going every other series, which seems incredibly unusual. Maybe just trying to get a comfort level with Daniels before throwing him in there full time. Will be interesting to see who starts the MIA game.

Nail Polish

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Like most here, I knew that Trubisky needed work and that he would gradually improve...But I had no idea that he could put on a performance like he did on Sunday..In fact, the whole team greatly improved..That being said, I dont want to fall into the trap of expecting that every week at this time...I hope it comes eventually though, and I hope the fans dont get discouraged if he regresses in his next game..It will take time, and there will be plenty of ups and downs

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

My guess is they wanted to get a look at Daniels before the bye week and see what he does as this would be the time to make the switch.

When I get a chance to re-watch the game I am going to focus on him.

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Thanks, Windy. I love reading your post-game write-ups. Especially after this big win. Very exciting. Agree 100%.

dredez18

Liked Posts:
Windy’s Posts make Monday’s bear-able. Why am I like this...

mac bear

Liked Posts:
My favorite replay of a small moment from the game was on the Eddie Jackson pick; they showed a field level view and Adrian Amos was starting the play damn near in the end zone at the start of the play. It's almost like they want him to stay the hell away from the action and not mess anything up.

Turns out he might have been right injured, and he’s out for season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
I was at the game. I have to admit, I didn't even notice Daniels on the field. I have it on the DVR, so I definitely want to check out how he played. He's taking over for Kush just like Smith moved ahead of Kwiatkoski.