Thoughts and Observations: Week 4 Bucs

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
Can't wait to see how Nagy utilizes A.Shaheen when he gets back and to see how he uses both Shaheen and Burton in two TE sets.

I am surprised they have not tried to use Brown or Braunecker, both of those guys can catch, neither can block, but Sims is not exactly a blocking pro either.

This is why Shaheen was a bigger loss than people thought, because he is actually a very good blocker, that can catch, right now we don't have anyone on the roster that can do BOTH well.

redgrange19

Eater of Ham
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
It speaks to the teams depth when we don't have Goldman and Hicks in, and the drop off isn't noticeable. In years past when we lost those guys, Goldman especially, the run defense specifically dropped off a cliff. Nice to have guys like Nichols coming in and playing strong.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I am re-watching the game to do a write up on James Daniels and something keeps jumping out at me,

If Kevin White blocks like this for the rest of the season he may be worth keeping around even if he never does much of anything as a pass catcher. He was dominantly blocking DBs on a number of big plays. On the Cohen run we have an exceptional pull from Daniels and Kevin White dumps Grimes into the Bears bench.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I am re-watching the game to do a write up on James Daniels and something keeps jumping out at me,

If Kevin White blocks like this for the rest of the season he may be worth keeping around even if he never does much of anything as a pass catcher. He was dominantly blocking DBs on a number of big plays. On the Cohen run we have an exceptional pull from Daniels and Kevin White dumps Grimes into the Bears bench.

he needs to play special teams....

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Keeping White for his blocking skills? that's an expensive blocker

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Keeping White for his blocking skills? that's an expensive blocker

If this were to actually happen, I would think his new contract would reflect his blocking WR status.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

He is a big boy... good for him contributing however he can.

Kazu2324

Liked Posts:
Saw a cool tidbit for the D

With four more sacks, the Bears’ season total is up to 18, becoming only the seventh team since 2000 to have that many sacks in the first four games of a season. The others: The 2017 Jacksonville Jaguars (who reached the AFC Championship), the 2015 Denver Broncos (who won the Super Bowl), the 2013 Kansas City Chiefs (who were an 11-5 wild card team), the 2004 Philadelphia Eagles (who reached the Super Bowl), the 2001 Green Bay Packers (who reached the divisional round of the playoffs) and the 2000 Tampa Bay Buccaneers (who were a 10-6 wild card team).

None of those teams had as many as the eight interceptions the Bears have, too (the 2000 Bucs were the closest with seven).

Hopefully, the Bears can continue that trend!

Last edited:

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Saw a cool tidbit for the D

Hopefully, the Bears can continue that trend!

I actually had a Bear fan not on the board tell me, "Mitch may get us to the playoffs but he won't get us to a Super Bowl this year." And about the 2006 Bears, "That defense was special, and Grossman had an arm.".
I just told her this defense is real.

DrGonzo

Dump VJJ
Donator
Liked Posts:
I just noticed the middle of the field was open ALOT in the Packers game. And I remember seeing Kwit getting abused on most plays in the second half. It seems like they've been better with that once Smith started playing. It was nice to see Iyiegbuniwe get some snaps towards the end.
Yeah I'm not saying he's bad at all, just that it's a stretch to call a rookie with hardly any experience in this defense "elite".

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Have White add like 30 pounds and become a Tight End in the Burton mold.