Thoughts and Observations: Week 4 Bucs

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My guess is they wanted to get a look at Daniels before the bye week and see what he does as this would be the time to make the switch.

When I get a chance to re-watch the game I am going to focus on him.

So at least partially a test. Wonder if he passed

napo55

Liked Posts:
Something very interesting on TB's part:

"In the first half, when Trubisky did most of his damage with five touchdowns, Tampa Bay dialed zero blitzes and pressured him only three times."

I don't know why they didn't try to blitz the hell out of #10...?

Trubisky made a quantum leap yesterday. The two questions I have are:

(1) Can he deal with a team that blitzes constantly?

(2) Can he make clutch plays when the score is close or they are behind?

If he can do these two things, the sky is the limit for him and the team.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah, I would expect teams looking at tape to go back to the blitz.

As good as Trubs did yesterday, the takeaway for other teams might be to bring the house until he shows he can beat it.

Doubledown

Liked Posts:
Yeah, I would expect teams looking at tape to go back to the blitz.

As good as Trubs did yesterday, the takeaway for other teams might be to bring the house until he shows he can beat it.

With the Bears Defense I look forward to this, Nagy will be ready, and can we draft two more guys like Cohen late..

Sagbear

Liked Posts:
they rotated Daniels in there and i was really impressed, i think they threw him in to get some stuff on tape so they can work with him on what he does well and what he still needs to improve on. So i expect him to be in there against Miami.

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
Except PIT is extremely dangerous down the field with Brown, Smith, and Big Ben. The point was this: didn't TB at least do some scouting about how Trubisky struggled against the blitz in the previous games?

regardless of the blitz, trubisky played poorly against the cards, they blitzed over 10 times in the first half and trubisky had a int and a fumble, in the 2nd half cards blitzed less than 5 times and against 4 man fronts he should have been intercepted twice but luckily the cards didnt catch the ball. it was just a terrible outing by trubisky filled with poor accuracy. Wilks and Smith are polar opposites, wilks loves to blitz and be creative about it, smith is a boring play zone coverage guy. Maybe he thought trubisky's inaccuracies coupled with his cover 4, zone/man coverage would confuse him into making poor throws...sadly it confused his own guys as there were at least 2 busted coverages in that game.

DrGonzo

Dump VJJ
Donator
Liked Posts:
Sorry but I'm just not seeing where Roquan has been "elite in coverage". I'm not saying he won't be or that he isn't progressing as expected, but he still looks like a work in progress to me.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I am less concerned with the blitz as we move through the season

More experience, more confidence, and more command of where the hot read is and what protection to change to should calm that.

If teams want to blitz they have to accept that Cohen is going to be by himself.

The Big Grabowski

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hiestand split 1st team reps between Daniels and Kush this week in practice. Told Daniels if he did well that reps would be split in the game. Per Hoge and Jahns.

Also interesting to note, Cohen said after the game that he was impressed with Trubs command of the offense, making checks and putting them in position to make those plays happen.

Heard from different sources that it was the team’s best week of practice. Daniels said red zone drills were the best he’d ever witnessed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
My favorite replay of a small moment from the game was on the Eddie Jackson pick; they showed a field level view and Adrian Amos was starting the play damn near in the end zone at the start of the play. It's almost like they want him to stay the hell away from the action and not mess anything up.

Jackson reminded me of Tillman on that INT yesterday. Maybe Ol Eddie is the FS that everyone was clamoring for back when they thought Tillman couldn't play CB anymore.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
Sorry but I'm just not seeing where Roquan has been "elite in coverage". I'm not saying he won't be or that he isn't progressing as expected, but he still looks like a work in progress to me.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I just noticed the middle of the field was open ALOT in the Packers game. And I remember seeing Kwit getting abused on most plays in the second half. It seems like they've been better with that once Smith started playing. It was nice to see Iyiegbuniwe get some snaps towards the end.

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:
General observation:

Mel Tucker's 2014 shit show allowed a passer rating of 101.7. Currently the Bucs, Saints, Texans, Chiefs, Cowboys, Vikings, Lions, 49ers and Broncos are allowing > 101.7.

bionicbelly

Liked Posts:
-Leonard Floyd is not getting on the sack sheet, but he is doing a lot of things well. He has played the run exceptionally well. He has been good in pass coverage and at times has had nice rushes. I think with health he will start to produce the sack numbers we are expecting. It is also difficult to sack the QB when Mack and Hicks are already there.

This makes me giddy.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
I for one, was writing off Lynch as a lost cause in the Pre Season. With Acho out, Vic is obviously clairvoyant.

- I think the thing that jumps out to me is how we all of the sudden have quality depth across the board.

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
- I think the thing that jumps out to me is how we all of the sudden have quality depth across the board.

I don't know if I'd go that far, as the Bears have been remarkably lucky in terms of overall health thus far.

But I do think this is the first season under Pace where the Bears haven't had major roster deficiencies to start the season. In years past under Pace, the Bears would BEGIN a season with a decided lack of talent at a positional group...no WRs, no kicker, missing a few OL, no DBs, etc. This year it seemed like the Bears would be deficient in the pass rush department, especially with Floyd hurt, but the signing of Mack turned that weakness into a strength. The 2018 Bears seem to have NFL-level talent at all positions.