Thoughts on Sam Darnold?

mbison

Liked Posts:
I personally think the Bears should go after him. I know his numbers are similar to Mitchs but I believe he is a way better QB and in the right system could be a franchise QB. How many QBs in the league could make this throw?!?!

Throwthebones

Liked Posts:
At this point. If you don't have an affordable /draftable option. I am not against it but it almost has to be a like plan f scenario. I would rather bring back mitch on a 1 year than this depending on what the ask is.

ChiGuy

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
He’s very young and probably have to cut him some slack for the terrible coaching and franchise he’s endured, but he’s a last resort, like picking him up for next to nothing because Jets are going to draft Wilson.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
He sucks. Probably won’t be a rick mirer epic failure but he still stinks. Why lose a draft pick for garbage? Just sign a bum instead of trading for one or test your luck with that draft pick and draft a qb.
We traded a draft pick and used a ton of cap space for garbage last year. Didn’t work out to well did it?

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Mitch has also made a few throws that are highlights and you can ask the same on how many QB's could make this throw.

circusboy666

Liked Posts:
I’m not rooting against him but I think he’s already shell shocked in his short NFL career. He’s been in a shitstorm in NY. Doubt he will ever rebound.

mbison

Liked Posts:
He can make some wow throws on occasion just like Mitch, but on average he's ass. If you can get him for some late day 3 picks why not, otherwise I pass. I'm tired of trying to rehab other team's broken junk.

I have never seen Mitch make one wow throw. Please provide an example. Mitch is a below average arm talent that used to be able to scramble a little bit

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Didn't like him in the draft. Like him less now.

abegibronlives

Liked Posts:
I personally think the Bears should go after him. I know his numbers are similar to Mitchs but I believe he is a way better QB and in the right system could be a franchise QB. How many QBs in the league could make this throw?!?!

An upgrade over what we currently have.

Still fairly young.

He's never been great, and perhaps never will be, but probably makes the Bears better than they are now.

The question, of course, is what you have to give up to get him.

Clint Eastwood

Liked Posts:
He can make some wow throws on occasion just like Mitch, but on average he's ass. If you can get him for some late day 3 picks why not, otherwise I pass. I'm tired of trying to rehab other team's broken junk.

What that tape showed me is that all of his throws are under duress and he rarely has room to step into his throws. Also, his receivers don’t know what a back shoulder throw is, rarely seemed open and did him no favors in that video. He might suck still, but that video didn’t prove that to me. I would consider him plan C after trading for Watson or Wilson, followed by trade up for rookie.

Speed

Liked Posts:
I have never seen Mitch make one wow throw. Please provide an example. Mitch is a below average arm talent that used to be able to scramble a little bit

Really? He's got several of these tight window throws where it could've only been thrown in 1 spot. Doesn't matter what you can do occasionally, it's about doing the routine between the #'s stuff consistently.

baselman1974

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Darnold-= Hackenburg. Once the accuracy is gone, it’s real difficult to get it back. A throw is like a golf swing. Once lost, its not coming back.

Speed

Liked Posts:
What that tape showed me is that all of his throws are under duress and he rarely has room to step into his throws. Also, his receivers don’t know what a back shoulder throw is, rarely seemed open and did him no favors in that video. He might suck still, but that video didn’t prove that to me. I would consider him plan C after trading for Watson or Wilson, followed by trade up for rookie.

He's like the 30th ranked QB from a clean pocket. He's also the most turnover prone QB in the redzone, and he see's ghosts too from being beaten up so much. Wasn't a fan in college, and I'm definitely not sold right now. If we're going with a bandage option where we hope to remain somewhat competitive I'd rather have Jameis or maybe even Minshew.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Mitch has also made a few throws that are highlights and you can ask the same on how many QB's could make this throw.
This is very deep stuff meatball Confucius. Thank you.

mbison

Liked Posts:
Really? He's got several of these tight window throws where it could've only been thrown in 1 spot. Doesn't matter what you can do occasionally, it's about doing the routine between the #'s stuff consistently.

None of these throws are that impressive and all of them where from a clean pocket. Did you watch the video I posted?!! Mitch will never make that throw

The Big Grabowski

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I’d rather have Mitch back for a season than Darnold. Don’t want retread just a fresh start with a draft pick and a solid bridge to let them get ready.

Speed

Liked Posts:
None of these throws are that impressive and all of them where from a clean pocket. Did you watch the video I posted?!! Mitch will never make that throw

To each his own.

Yeah I saw it, and yeah Darnold's still garbage. About the only thing he can do okay is go off-script, sometimes to the detriment of running out of a clean pocket and forcing pressure on himself.

msadows

Liked Posts:

Fuck. That video brought back flashbacks from the last few years.

I really hope this team can find a qb who is capable of completing throws random highschool QB's can to wide open guys.....because we've even struggled with that.

Yea, no thank you to sam. It's better than nothing if you give up a 5th rounder or something but he looks like mitch but even worse.