Time for changes: Fire Quennville and Staff thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
You said "There's no team that can outlast the Blackhawks in a 7 game series"

Going to game 7 in OT against a far inferior opponent doesn't scream best team in the league to me, but I digress.

I don't see how one series invalidates a team that was head and shoulders above the league all season long and, also, just made rather quick work of the defending Cup champs armed with one of the best goalies in the league.

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
...This isn't a playoff team. It is a regular season-built team..
Fail post of the season

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
And for the record, the only reason I suggested a change is because the Blackhawks got the crap kicked out of them 3 games in a row, and a special teams has been dreadful over the tenure of the coach.

I'm a fan of the team, but I also am realistic about the team's chances. I was rooting and happy when they pulled off the 3-1 comeback.

Q's job is safe now, but it gets frustrating to see a talented group of coaches and players struggle so much on the PP.

Key Part of This: 3 Games

Oh, and Special Teams awful? You mean PP awful... PK pretty damn good.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
My point is the whole "no team can defeat the Blackhawks in 7 games" is lame and silly.

We'll find out soon enough, and I think we'll be in for a classic 7 gamer, hopefully the Blackhawks pull out 4.

ANY team can be beaten in 7 games, but we are a pretty damn hard team to do that to apparently.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
I don't see how one series invalidates a team that was head and shoulders above the league all season long and, also, just made rather quick work of the defending Cup champs armed with one of the best goalies in the league.

:clap:

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish

It doesn't invalidate their success at all. Saying there's no team that can beat them in 7 games is ignorant.

Nail Polish

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I had no idea Lovie Smith coached the Blackhawks...After playing 6+ minutes last night they went into the "prevent", almost lost the game,and had to rally late to win. Sound familiar?

Last edited:

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
It doesn't invalidate their success at all. Saying there's no team that can beat them in 7 games is ignorant.

Essentially, I'm saying the Hawks are the best team in the league. I see no ignorance in that.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
Essentially, I'm saying the Hawks are the best team in the league. I see no ignorance in that.

Well right now the only teams that one could even make an argument for are us, Pittsburgh despite last series, and Boston - who didn't even win their division and were also almost eliminated by Toronto kinda like us and Detroit.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I had no idea Lovie Smith coached the Blackhawks...After playing 6+ minutes last night they went into the "prevent", almost lost the game,and had to rally late to win. Sound familiar?

Have you watched hockey for more than 4 years?

If not, you can't criticize the team.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

That's not what you said though, you said there's no team that beat the Blackhawks in 7 games, ignoring the fact that Detroit pushed this team to the brink of elimination after four games.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
That's not what you said though, you said there's no team that beat the Blackhawks in 7 games, ignoring the fact that Detroit pushed this team to the brink of elimination after four games.

It's the same damn thing, man. No team in the league can outlast the Hawks in a 7-game series, ergo, they're the best team in the league. What the fuck else does that mean?

Detroit pushed them to the brink but did not push them off of it. So the point still stands. For fuck's sake, I have no idea what you and Dews are even arguing about anymore. This is the best team in the league, they've been that way all season, and they've continued to be that so far in the postseason. No Stanley Cup has been won without some adversity, and the Wings provided plenty of that in round two. But the Hawks prevailed. And then they made quick work of the goalie everyone was quick to prop up as the next "big" road block for the Hawks. But they went right through that obstacle. Just like every other obstacle they've overcome this year ... Sharp's injury, alleged goalie controversies, still no real 2C, a power play that still doesn't click, Keith's suspension in Game 4. What else do these guys need to prove?

They're the best. I see Boston provide some difficulties, sure. But why should I expect this Hawks to do anything other than prevail?

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It's the same damn thing, man. No team in the league can outlast the Hawks in a 7-game series, ergo, they're the best team in the league. What the fuck else does that mean?

Detroit pushed them to the brink but did not push them off of it. So the point still stands. For fuck's sake, I have no idea what you and Dews are even arguing about anymore. This is the best team in the league, they've been that way all season, and they've continued to be that so far in the postseason. No Stanley Cup has been won without some adversity, and the Wings provided plenty of that in round two. But the Hawks prevailed. And then they made quick work of the goalie everyone was quick to prop up as the next "big" road block for the Hawks. But they went right through that obstacle. Just like every other obstacle they've overcome this year ... Sharp's injury, alleged goalie controversies, still no real 2C, a power play that still doesn't click, Keith's suspension in Game 4. What else do these guys need to prove?

They're the best. I see Boston provide some difficulties, sure. But why should I expect this Hawks to do anything other than prevail?

Saying a team is the best =/= "no team can beat the Blackhawks in a 7 game series" If you can see the difference between those two statements, I don't know what to say.

Saying no team can beat the Blackhawks in a 7 game series is completely ignorant and disrespectful to the opponent(s) that challenged the Blackhawks in the playoffs. At that point, if there's no chance the Blackhawks lose the series, there's no point in watching or even discussing the games. No criticisms can be valid then because "no team can beat them"

I try to be a realistic fan =/= to me or any other person who brings forward valid criticisms as being a "hater" or not a fan.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

That they can win four more games. Until that happens, they're just the last of 15 playoff losers. The streak, President's Trophy, individual awards....none of it will mean shit. Four more wins.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Saying a team is the best =/= "no team can beat the Blackhawks in a 7 game series" If you can see the difference between those two statements, I don't know what to say.

Saying no team can beat the Blackhawks in a 7 game series is completely ignorant and disrespectful to the opponent(s) that challenged the Blackhawks in the playoffs. At that point, if there's no chance the Blackhawks lose the series, there's no point in watching or even discussing the games. No criticisms can be valid then because "no team can beat them"

I try to be a realistic fan =/= to me or any other person who brings forward valid criticisms as being a "hater" or not a fan.

I've never said either of those, by the way.

So that's what this comes down to? Linguistics? Jesus Christ.

I give up.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
That they can win four more games. Until that happens, they're just the last of 15 playoff losers. The streak, President's Trophy, individual awards....none of it will mean shit. Four more wins.

I see your point. I guess my response to that would be that the Hawks have me believing those four wins are going to come in the next seven games.

Status
Not open for further replies.