Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
OK, probably a lot of :rage: now, but damn.

The PP is absolutely awful at this point in the year. Time for Q and his buddy Kompon the Tampon to go home.

KBIB

Would like my account deleted
Liked Posts:
If the season ends on Saturday, there is no way Q keeps his job. None.

This is what you get when the expectations were so damn high from an ungodly beginning to the season.

I hate to say it, but I think this team needs more then a tweak or two to actually be a viable Cup contender.

Bolly has pretty much played his way off the team.

I could see Seabs out there on the block to see what the interest is.

I wouldn't be against Luongo coming here if the price was right.

Just a horrible end to a season. Pathetic.

Bake

Franko725

Liked Posts:
If the season ends on Saturday, there is no way Q keeps his job. None.

This is what you get when the expectations were so damn high from an ungodly beginning to the season.

I hate to say it, but I think this team needs more then a tweak or two to actually be a viable Cup contender.

Bolly has pretty much played his way off the team.

I could see Seabs out there on the block to see what the interest is.

I wouldn't be against Luongo coming here if the price was right.

Just a horrible end to a season. Pathetic.

Bake

To hell with Luongo and his bloated salary. Crawford has been really damn good in the playoffs. Maybe if Q didn't mind fuck him all season, he would be even more confident.

As for the rest of the roster, there are a bunch of guys that have to be scared shitless that Q might be fired. Bolland, Shaw, Bollig, and Carbomb all have to be wondering what will happen next. A few of them might be viable elsewhere, but Bollig in particular might not go anywhere else other than the minors.

Seabrook has been bad this year, but I have to believe that he will return to the norm next season.

Franko725

Liked Posts:
Absolutely inexcusable.

All sorts of inexcusable on the PP tonight. Bolland and Shaw have no purpose on the PP....NONE! What happened to putting Bickell out there to park his big ass in front of the net. So much to sticking to that portion of the game plan tonight.

KBIB

Would like my account deleted
Liked Posts:
To hell with Luongo and his bloated salary. Crawford has been really damn good in the playoffs. Maybe if Q didn't mind fuck him all season, he would be even more confident.

As for the rest of the roster, there are a bunch of guys that have to be scared shitless that Q might be fired. Bolland, Shaw, Bollig, and Carbomb all have to be wondering what will happen next. A few of them might be viable elsewhere, but Bollig in particular might not go anywhere else other than the minors.

Seabrook has been bad this year, but I have to believe that he will return to the norm next season.

Well, there is the chance he gets bought out during the summer, and theres also some shit about the Nucks being able to keep salary or some shit, so getting Lu here cheap outside of players or hopefully, just by signing him is a possibility. And you are correct, I wouldn't want to touch that contract in full, either.

Somebody is gonna go. One of the core, if Q is let go. McMoron has this need to keep the spotlight on himself. I cant see it not happening.

As for Bollig, Carbomb, and the other spastic's. I have money, ill get them a nice, curry smelling cab to O'Hare.

Bake

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
All sorts of inexcusable on the PP tonight. Bolland and Shaw have no purpose on the PP....NONE! What happened to putting Bickell out there to park his big ass in front of the net. So much to sticking to that portion of the game plan tonight.

They've tried bickle various times in the past few years in spurts... You're concept of that makes no sense.

Shaw actually provides net presence, just because bickel is big means nothing.. He shys away from it until the whistle blows.

Sent from Neverwhere using Taptalk

Franko725

Liked Posts:
They've tried bickle various times in the past few years in spurts... You're concept of that makes no sense.

Shaw actually provides net presence, just because bickel is big means nothing.. He shys away from it until the whistle blows.

Sent from Neverwhere using Taptalk

After the morning skate, they stated that Bickell was going to be in front of the net tonight, so my concept makes plenty of sense.

Gunzaan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Firing Q is laughable. Just hilarious. It shows the lack of hockey knowledge on this board.

This isn't a playoff team. It is a regular season-built team. If you want to be mad, be angry at Bowman (the GM) or the 4 "stars" on this team that haven't shown up all series. Yup, the PP sucks, but that is because they can't cross the blue line, or they aren't physical enough to dump and chase. Another reason for the PP blowing is that they don't have a defenseman with a quick slapshot that scares anyone, allowing the opposing defense to set up easy shot blocks. Regardless, the PP isn't what is killing them, its the 5 on 5 that they are losing badly at. That is on the players. Howard has been absolutely amazing, but how can you blame Q for the RIDICULOUS amount of shots on goal that hit Howard right in the chest. Also, the 6-7 posts we have hit in the last 3 games don't help. If half of them go in, its 3-1, Hawks.

People screaming for Q's firing are people that have watched hockey since 2009 or 2010. Aka, bandwagon retards who have no clue.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Firing Q is laughable. Just hilarious. It shows the lack of hockey knowledge on this board.

This isn't a playoff team. It is a regular season-built team. If you want to be mad, be angry at Bowman (the GM) or the 4 "stars" on this team that haven't shown up all series. Yup, the PP sucks, but that is because they can't cross the blue line, or they aren't physical enough to dump and chase. Another reason for the PP blowing is that they don't have a defenseman with a quick slapshot that scares anyone, allowing the opposing defense to set up easy shot blocks. Regardless, the PP isn't what is killing them, its the 5 on 5 that they are losing badly at. That is on the players. Howard has been absolutely amazing, but how can you blame Q for the RIDICULOUS amount of shots on goal that hit Howard right in the chest. Also, the 6-7 posts we have hit in the last 3 games don't help. If half of them go in, its 3-1, Hawks.

People screaming for Q's firing are people that have watched hockey since 2009 or 2010. Aka, bandwagon retards who have no clue.

I agree with everything in your post but the highlited text. The lack of a PP is what is causing the poor 5 on 5 play. It allows teams like Detroit to exploit the Hawks with interference and holding because they know that either 1) its fucking "playoff hockey" where the rules change and they wont call it or 2) even if they do, the Hawks will shoot themselves in the foot on the PP. With a dominate PP, no one could chance playing that style against them.

Ever wonder why the President Trophy winner almost never wins a Cup or why its not all that uncommon for an 8th seed to win a Cup? Simple...because they change the rules at playoff time. The skill and grace of the game is put aside in the playoffs, replaced by sham hockey where mediocre teams are allowed to shine.

Hockey is a great game but the NHL makes a mockery of it.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
Fuck firing him, this is overreaction. We are getting beat, I get that. But then again, every team but one does, and only four teams are going further.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Fuck firing him, this is overreaction. We are getting beat, I get that. But then again, every team but one does, and only four teams are going further.

Great logic.

I know we're Cubs fans and are used to losing, but this team IS talented enough to win a Cup, and they have been the last two seasons to win. That's why I'm hesitant on firing Stan, because despite the criticisms of him the team had the best record this past season and had the best record at the midway point last season.

Just terrible logic to accept 5th place at this point.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

I just disagree, mainly with my previous post that I believe Bowman has built a roster capable of winning a cup. I'm not saying Q is a bad coach at all, but there comes a time for change to be made, and I'm glad we can at least agree that change would probably be for the better.

Franko725

Liked Posts:
I agree with everything in your post but the highlited text. The lack of a PP is what is causing the poor 5 on 5 play. It allows teams like Detroit to exploit the Hawks with interference and holding because they know that either 1) its fucking "playoff hockey" where the rules change and they wont call it or 2) even if they do, the Hawks will shoot themselves in the foot on the PP. With a dominate PP, no one could chance playing that style against them.

This is so very true. The Hawks have really dominated most of the game in 5 on 5 this series. Toews has been getting mauled and interfered with on every shift. If the Hawks would even be at 20% on the PP, they would be up 3-1, possibly would have already swept the Wings. They would be scoring many more goals 5 on 5 since the Wings would not be doing all the extra bullshit that they are getting away with right now. That would open up the skill guys more to allow for more movement and scoring. Why would Detroit be afraid to take a penalty right now when the Hawks PP is just atrocious?

Franko725

Liked Posts:
I just disagree, mainly with my previous post that I believe Bowman has built a roster capable of winning a cup. I'm not saying Q is a bad coach at all, but there comes a time for change to be made, and I'm glad we can at least agree that change would probably be for the better.

This is my point completely. Q is not a bad coach. Q does make some really bad decisions from time to time, but I would not say that he is a bad coach. I would however say that I am not sure that he is the right coach for this team at this time. Was he the right coach a few years ago when they hired him? Absolutely. However, this team has grown and matured. Q just might not be the guy to get the most out of them anymore.

And please people, do not bring up the fact that they have made the playoffs each year that he has been here. More teams make the playoffs than don't. With the talent on this team, it would be unacceptable for them to not make the playoffs.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

I dont know, Fisch. Earlier in the year I wouldve gone "all in" on what you're saying but this team's flaws are becoming more and more evident. Stuff they were able to easily sidestep in the regular season becomes big obstacles when you play the same team in a series of games. It didnt take Babcock long to see he didnt have the speed or depth to play their usual game. Come Game 2, they transform into a Nashville Predator clone....and low & behold.....since it's "playoff hockey" where players are actually encouraged to mug one another, Babcock is crowned a "genius" coach. The point Im getting to is that the Hawks are really lacking some key ingredients....stuff they had in 2010 and not now. Teams like Nashville tried and nearly succeeded in upending the Hawks much like Detroit is doing now and will most likely succeed in doing only because the Hawks can't counter with their current personel. Lacking at center...faceoffs, PK and a 2nd line offensive force for the PP. A solid point man who can carry it in but mostly setup and QB things and get a shot or two thru to the goalie. They need a big body who can cause havok in front of the net....a guy who is nearly impossible to move out. Important players needed for when they "change" the rules. They had all that in 2010 and they dont have it now.

Thats a lot of important pieces to be missing. Maybe we let the "streak" fool us. Maybe they aren't the team we thought they were.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
Great logic.

I know we're Cubs fans and are used to losing, but this team IS talented enough to win a Cup, and they have been the last two seasons to win. That's why I'm hesitant on firing Stan, because despite the criticisms of him the team had the best record this past season and had the best record at the midway point last season.

Just terrible logic to accept 5th place at this point.

So if you have a good team that overachieved quite a bit all season and then don't win the Cup, fire the Coach. Great Logic.

There is a reason 30 teams don't share the cup and why low seeded teams are making it to Cups lately (Kings, Devils, Flyers, etc.). It is the ultimate goal, but only one team can get it and it won't be your team every time. Yes, it sucks losing like this, assuming we do lose, but you are acting like the road to the Cup should have been a cake walk and when you get shocked, you instead opt to think with your emotions instead of a level head. This team made huge strides forward this season, we came back from being a bottom 3 playoff seed in consecutive seasons and came out the best team in the league that happened to come up short. Every playoff team theoretically has just a 25% chance of making it further than this and just a 6.25% chance of winning it all. We were among the front runners, sure, but am I willing to judge the entire state of the team going forward off of 3 games as opposed to the other 53 we have played? No, I don't think that would be wise.

Q nor Bowman need to be fired, Kompon and his power play, yes.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
So if you have a good team that overachieved quite a bit all season and then don't win the Cup, fire the Coach. Great Logic.

There is a reason 30 teams don't share the cup and why low seeded teams are making it to Cups lately (Kings, Devils, Flyers, etc.). It is the ultimate goal, but only one team can get it and it won't be your team every time. Yes, it sucks losing like this, assuming we do lose, but you are acting like the road to the Cup should have been a cake walk and when you get shocked, you instead opt to think with your emotions instead of a level head. This team made huge strides forward this season, we came back from being a bottom 3 playoff seed in consecutive seasons and came out the best team in the league that happened to come up short. Every playoff team theoretically has just a 25% chance of making it further than this and just a 6.25% chance of winning it all. We were among the front runners, sure, but am I willing to judge the entire state of the team going forward off of 3 games as opposed to the other 53 we have played? No, I don't think that would be wise.

Q nor Bowman need to be fired, Kompon and his power play, yes.
Look, I enjoy the regular season as much as anyone. The problem is I want this team to win Stanley Cups, and I couldn't care less as long as they do that. The last 3 seasons the Blackhawks have been depantsed in the playoffs, and at some point, someone else has to pay besides player changes.

Now this is where I get iffy on Q. The PP has been a problem the last two seasons. I don't believe firing Kompon alone would solve that.

Status
Not open for further replies.