Time for changes: Fire Quennville and Staff thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

KBIB

Would like my account deleted
Liked Posts:
Firing Q is laughable. Just hilarious. It shows the lack of hockey knowledge on this board.

This isn't a playoff team. It is a regular season-built team. If you want to be mad, be angry at Bowman (the GM) or the 4 "stars" on this team that haven't shown up all series. Yup, the PP sucks, but that is because they can't cross the blue line, or they aren't physical enough to dump and chase. Another reason for the PP blowing is that they don't have a defenseman with a quick slapshot that scares anyone, allowing the opposing defense to set up easy shot blocks. Regardless, the PP isn't what is killing them, its the 5 on 5 that they are losing badly at. That is on the players. Howard has been absolutely amazing, but how can you blame Q for the RIDICULOUS amount of shots on goal that hit Howard right in the chest. Also, the 6-7 posts we have hit in the last 3 games don't help. If half of them go in, its 3-1, Hawks.

People screaming for Q's firing are people that have watched hockey since 2009 or 2010. Aka, bandwagon retards who have no clue.
LOL Whut? This team is being out played by a mediocre team on account of that mediocre team has a better head coach. It doesn't matter when a fan has started following this team, and even then, that's full meatball to even say, good job, even they can see it.

You don't think theres gonna be repercussions if the Hawks season ends on Saturday? Really? You don't think with all the blather McDunce spouted off before the season that right now he looks not only stupid, but embarrassed himself, he isn't gonna call for somebodies head so it takes the heat off of him?

Q had a elite team. There is no excuse to lose to a putrid team like the Wings where you have a coach who is that much crippled by how his elite talent performs and cannot, for the life of him, coach them out of their complete lack of preparation for a series against a coach who will be using all of his brain matter into dedicating his will upon his entire team and having them buy into the system.

Somebody is going, it doesn't take a hockey noob who started following the team yesterday to see that.

Bake

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
Look, I enjoy the regular season as much as anyone. The problem is I want this team to win Stanley Cups, and I couldn't care less as long as they do that. The last 3 seasons the Blackhawks have been depantsed in the playoffs, and at some point, someone else has to pay besides player changes.

Now this is where I get iffy on Q. The PP has been a problem the last two seasons. I don't believe firing Kompon alone would solve that.

Everyone wants their team to win the Cup, there's also not just one team in the league. It happens.

I'm as disappointed right now as anyone, but I think we all have to keep this in perspective as well and not just want to blow shit up because we don't get what we want this year. Depending on how the off-season goes, we have re-opened a window for ourselves, this isn't a one-and-done imo.

Captain Iago

Giver of Occular Proof
Donator
Liked Posts:
I agree with everything in your post but the highlited text. The lack of a PP is what is causing the poor 5 on 5 play. It allows teams like Detroit to exploit the Hawks with interference and holding because they know that either 1) its fucking "playoff hockey" where the rules change and they wont call it or 2) even if they do, the Hawks will shoot themselves in the foot on the PP. With a dominate PP, no one could chance playing that style against them.

Ever wonder why the President Trophy winner almost never wins a Cup or why its not all that uncommon for an 8th seed to win a Cup? Simple...because they change the rules at playoff time. The skill and grace of the game is put aside in the playoffs, replaced by sham hockey where mediocre teams are allowed to shine.

Hockey is a great game but the NHL makes a mockery of it.

Uncommon for an 8th seed to win the cup? Show me that list, please.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
im not going to write a long ass paragraph here to make it look like I know everything like some individuals. If they lose this series should Q go? yes. But it starts a little bit higher than just the coaching staff.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Firing Q is laughable. Just hilarious. It shows the lack of hockey knowledge on this board.

This isn't a playoff team. It is a regular season-built team. If you want to be mad, be angry at Bowman (the GM) or the 4 "stars" on this team that haven't shown up all series. Yup, the PP sucks, but that is because they can't cross the blue line, or they aren't physical enough to dump and chase. Another reason for the PP blowing is that they don't have a defenseman with a quick slapshot that scares anyone, allowing the opposing defense to set up easy shot blocks. Regardless, the PP isn't what is killing them, its the 5 on 5 that they are losing badly at. That is on the players. Howard has been absolutely amazing, but how can you blame Q for the RIDICULOUS amount of shots on goal that hit Howard right in the chest. Also, the 6-7 posts we have hit in the last 3 games don't help. If half of them go in, its 3-1, Hawks.

People screaming for Q's firing are people that have watched hockey since 2009 or 2010. Aka, bandwagon retards who have no clue.

yay! now we agree on a GM! :) bowman should be the first to go end of story. il pack his bags and you drive. deal?

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
crow.jpg

delicious tonight.

Q made changes so far. Really hope my :rage: was wrong.

Bear_Assed

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I cant believe people want Q gone. This guy is the best coach this team has had in a looooong time and is top 5 in the league. He may not be the best and Babcock is probably a better option, but if you let Q go, he'd get hired in a minute and who is out there to replace him?

Put the blame on the players in this series. Toews, Hossa? Jesus. They played better tonight, but probably too late.

The best part of this thread- not one single idiot claiming Q should go suggested a better option. Not surprised. Just your typical overreaction. Probably the same people who were sucking Q's dick during the winning streak claiming he should be the obvious Jack Adams award winner... sigh

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I cant believe people want Q gone. This guy is the best coach this team has had in a looooong time and is top 5 in the league. He may not be the best and Babcock is probably a better option, but if you let Q go, he'd get hired in a minute and who is out there to replace him?

Put the blame on the players in this series. Toews, Hossa? Jesus. They played better tonight, but probably too late.

The best part of this thread- not one single idiot claiming Q should go suggested a better option. Not surprised. Just your typical overreaction. Probably the same people who were sucking Q's dick during the winning streak claiming he should be the obvious Jack Adams award winner... sigh

Well its the same as Lovie's situation to me. We can look at say that he's a good coach, but that there are definitely better ones. My only argument now is that there needs to be significant change if they don't win the cup...GM or coach.

inactiveuser1

The Legend
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well its the same as Lovie's situation to me. We can look at say that he's a good coach, but that there are definitely better ones. My only argument now is that there needs to be significant change if they don't win the cup...GM or coach.
Go to bed Fisch, you're grumpy when you're tired :tongue:

Franko725

Liked Posts:

I have to agree with this being like the Lovie situation. Lovie was competitive almost every year, but just could not seem to get the Bears over the hump. If you overlook the season that they had two years ago after having to gut the Cup winning team due to salary cap reasons, Q is in the same boat. They were good last year, but never should have been knocked out in the first round, even with the loss of Hossa. If they don't get past the second round this year given the roster that they have, you have to look at the season as a disappointment. And don't even get me started about the power play woes.

The reason that I think that Q goes instead of Stan is that Stan built a pretty damn good roster. Other than lacking a true 2C, even though Sharp could be playing there, what other issues does this team really have? So, you have to figure that Q is the one to go if they lose tonight or in game 7.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I have to agree with this being like the Lovie situation. Lovie was competitive almost every year, but just could not seem to get the Bears over the hump. If you overlook the season that they had two years ago after having to gut the Cup winning team due to salary cap reasons, Q is in the same boat. They were good last year, but never should have been knocked out in the first round, even with the loss of Hossa. If they don't get past the second round this year given the roster that they have, you have to look at the season as a disappointment. And don't even get me started about the power play woes.

The reason that I think that Q goes instead of Stan is that Stan built a pretty damn good roster. Other than lacking a true 2C, even though Sharp could be playing there, what other issues does this team really have? So, you have to figure that Q is the one to go if they lose tonight or in game 7.

but lets look at what bowman inherited:
Kane
Toews
Hossa
Sharp
Keith
Seabrook
Crawford
bickell

So basically he inherited a pretty fucking good core. just sayin

Franko725

Liked Posts:
but lets look at what bowman inherited:
Kane
Toews
Hossa
Sharp
Keith
Seabrook
Crawford
bickell

So basically he inherited a pretty fucking good core. just sayin

Completely agree Dewey, but he has also made some good trades and added depth to the roster in some nice spots. People bitched about Frolik, but he and Kruger have been lights out on the penalty kill this year. Stalberg was a great third line player for this team, and would likely be a top 6 for most teams. The problem spots on the roster seem to be the guys that he has brought in because they are the type of guys that Q wants on the team, like Carcillo.

The only guy that really struggled out of the D-men this year was Seabrook, and no one would have expected that after him being the best D-man on the team the last few years. Oduya has been a great pick up and re-sign.

The moves that people have complained most about that he has made have been the ones that the meatballs hated to see get done. Like dat big Buff guy. Some of those moves would not have been necessary if not for Tallon messing up the offer sheets. Of course Buff would still likely be gone. Ladd would look really good on this team right now though.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Completely agree Dewey, but he has also made some good trades and added depth to the roster in some nice spots. People bitched about Frolik, but he and Kruger have been lights out on the penalty kill this year. Stalberg was a great third line player for this team, and would likely be a top 6 for most teams. The problem spots on the roster seem to be the guys that he has brought in because they are the type of guys that Q wants on the team, like Carcillo.

The only guy that really struggled out of the D-men this year was Seabrook, and no one would have expected that after him being the best D-man on the team the last few years. Oduya has been a great pick up and re-sign.

The moves that people have complained most about that he has made have been the ones that the meatballs hated to see get done. Like dat big Buff guy. Some of those moves would not have been necessary if not for Tallon messing up the offer sheets. Of course Buff would still likely be gone. Ladd would look really good on this team right now though.

yeah. I wouldn't take credit away from Bowman for keeping the core together. Lots of people wanted to trade Kane (myself included) and I feel that he should get credit for sticking with the core. But there are fair questions about what he did last offseason with O'Donnell, Brunette etc.

Franko725

Liked Posts:
yeah. I wouldn't take credit away from Bowman for keeping the core together. Lots of people wanted to trade Kane (myself included) and I feel that he should get credit for sticking with the core. But there are fair questions about what he did last offseason with O'Donnell, Brunette etc.

I would have been right there with you on trading Kaner away after last season. It was nice to see the kid finally grow up this year and start taking things seriously. His time overseas seems to have done him really well.

I am also pleased that Stan didn't decide to trade Hammer away after last season. He has turned back into the guy that he was during the Cup season. I don't think near enough people are giving him credit for the season that he has had. He has probably been the most consistent D-man all year. Seeing him start to throw his body around some more and make some big hits has been nice to see too.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Well Q, time to earn your keep.

Bear_Assed

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
hawks force game 7. Large in part due to Q's move to reunite keith & seebs on the first D pairing.

Status
Not open for further replies.