Time to replace Khabibulin

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I know your backup G isn't supposed to be as good as your starter...but khabibulin has been just awful. In 3 games, he's allowed 8 goals and has a Save% under 82%.

What options do we have? Didn't we nab a finnish GK or something in the offseason?

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
Raanta...

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I know your backup G isn't supposed to be as good as your starter...but khabibulin has been just awful. In 3 games, he's allowed 8 goals and has a Save% under 82%.

What options do we have? Didn't we nab a finnish GK or something in the offseason?

Heh, I was just heading over here to post on this. It's early, but he's making it real obvious that he's done. I mean a 4.74 GA with a save% of 81.8. This guy's been a star in this league at times, you'd think he wouldn't want to continue making a fool of himself but I guess money talks and he apparently listens. Some people might say "get out before it gets ugly"....hell, its already ugly. I hated this signing from day one.

Get Raanta up here.....

now.

kvalentine

Liked Posts:
yeah its they gotta make a move here soon. i would like to see Raanta up here but dont know if sitting him on the bench is the best thing for him right now.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
yeah its they gotta make a move here soon. i would like to see Raanta up here but dont know if sitting him on the bench is the best thing for him right now.

We have a starter locked up for years now anyway, we don't necessarily need to develop him into one, we just need to do what will help us win games.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Raanta...

1000 percent against this. He's played, what 7 games on North American ice?

And there's no reason to bring him up to the NHL and sit on the bench behind Crawford. Let him get a season (or two, or maybe even three) in Rockford as the No. 1 guy, where he's going to see plenty of pucks.

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
Didn't think everyone would have to worry about Khabi's play when he signed. I was more concerned with his injury history, especially knowing that Q likes to play his back up anywhere from 15 - 20 games. Khabi has put up two pretty respectable seasons the last couple of years save percentage wise, and he did it on an Oilers team that has a piss poor defense.

In terms of Raanta, he apparently has been playing pretty well in Rockford. He is still a little bit of an unproven commodity and only has 5+ games under his belt over in North America. I do think that the Blackhawks signed Khabi because they really would prefer that Raanta learn the game and get consistent starts in the AHL. Things may change a little now and it will be interesting to see what the Blackhawks do.

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
They could've signed Greiss for 750K instead of pissing away 1.7 mil on Khabby.

Flacco4Prez

Liked Posts:
Yeah I agree. I liked to idea of bringing him back for nostalgic reasons but he's toast. There aren't very many Hasek's or Broduers that can play into their 40's. It's time for him to hang up the skates. I think he gets at least 1-2 more starts to see if anything changes before any moves are made

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Yeah I agree. I liked to idea of bringing him back for nostalgic reasons but he's toast. There aren't very many Hasek's or Broduers that can play into their 40's. It's time for him to hang up the skates. I think he gets at least 1-2 more starts to see if anything changes before any moves are made

Ahh, the good old days when Tallon gave him a "World Class" contract and he rewarded the Hawks by being a "World Class" piece of shit for all but one season of that contract. Of course, in his contract year he actually played some....but that's the way the "Bullin Wall" rolls.

He's a money grubbing piece of crap who doesn't care how bad he is as long as his check clears......

Flacco4Prez

Liked Posts:
Ahh, the good old days when Tallon gave him a "World Class" contract and he rewarded the Hawks by being a "World Class" piece of shit for all but one season of that contract. Of course, in his contract year he actually played some....but that's the way the "Bullin Wall" rolls.

He's a money grubbing piece of crap who doesn't care how bad he is as long as his check clears......

Well yeah I mean he wasn't anything special. I just feel entitled to like him since "he" brought the Hawks back to the postseason. And by he, I mean he was lucky enough to be the goalie for a team with Towes, Kane, Sharp, etc

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I know Crawf is getting majority of the starts but you need to have a capable backup & Khabby isn't.

Just a poor signing especially when a guy like Greiss could've been had for alot cheaper.

Pray he hangs em up & the Hawks upgrade.

Jsnowball81

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
A little off topic but... Can we please put Rozsival on the same bus out of town? These two have (or are going to) cost us W's singelhandedly. Glad to see Brookbank getting more ice time.

icehogfan08

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Our goalie depth has sucked for about 3-4 years now. Time to start looking for something to add in

KBIB

Would like my account deleted
Liked Posts:
Its way to early to send Habby packing. The season isn't even a month old. Habby is a notorious slow starter, by the time the break rolls around he will be as good as he is gonna get, only then to you throw his ass outta town....unless the guys personal problems have come back, then get rid of his ass asap.

I will say this; the team seems to be some legs once Crawford came in, maybe Habby just isn't a match for this team, who knows.

Call up Raanta? Like.....really?(scratches head)

CHAMPS!!!

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Wasn't Emery pretty solid last year?

emery was one of those fluke type players. we got lucky. our goaltending depth is putrid. they were a product of just an amazing team in front of them. did crawford have some big saves in the playoffs? yes. we are still weak and if any of them were on avg teams they would be.,,well ...just avg goalies as they would be exploited.