TNF: PONIES @ CHIEFS IGT

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
It's only a team stat when it goes against the QB being defended. Hypocrites aplenty here on CCS. Plenty of times CCS peeps hated on other QBs for not winning enough or not winning in the post season. Winning IS what the game is all about and QB IS the key position. Probably why they get paid a shit ton more than all other position players.
Matthew Stanford laughs while you fall off the stage

94c4lt1

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well, they used to have a defense. Going from a top 10 D to having the absolute worst has that much of a negative effect. Also have no real offensive weapons at all.
Cortland Sutton is pretty damn good. They are missing Noah Fant, for sure. Jerry Jeudy has been underwhelming, yeah.

Their D is playing pretty stout tonight.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I'm sure the irony is completely lost on you that you're assigning a team stat to an individual but want to call me 'football reeeeeetarded.'
I know you didn’t say it as you are just quoting him but stay away from the R word people.

JD Trendleton

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. LA Clippers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Florida Gators
I remember that time they made a trade for Sean Payton because he was this mastermind NFL coach. Turns out he was carried by the hall of famer Breeze and some of those head-hunting defenses. Simms, Jeudy, Perine, Sutton and you can't find a way to get 40 yards passing.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Cortland Sutton is pretty damn good. They are missing Noah Fant, for sure. Jerry Jeudy has been underwhelming, yeah.

Their D is playing pretty stout tonight.
Can't overthink inner-division games, weird things happen but Chiefs are not going to have any problem with this team.

I've always thought Sutton was greatly overrated. Nothing remotely special about him. He's tall and that's about it.

Payton34Sayers40

Liked Posts:
It's crazy how Justin Fields had no trouble scoring on Denver, especially in the red zone but the best QB in the NFL is struggling.
I expect KC to eventually salt this one away. But you are right — its the fricken NFL. Guys were acting like the drop off from other defenses to the Broncos D was equivalent to playing a HS team. Scoring a lot on ANY team in the NFL is challenging… and Justin was doing it with the rush in his face while throwing dimes into tight windows.

To boot, Denver has one of the best corners in the game.

And no, Justin is not better than Mahomes right now. But in time, who knows……

I am never one to put limits on another man.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
It’s baffling they traded for a head coach that has an offensive that is completely incompatible with their QB’s skill set. It’s like oil & water. Unreal.
His offenses looking 0-2 without Brees. Like i said a couple seasons ago, im not convinced this dude is as real as people think he is.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
It’s baffling they traded for a head coach that has an offensive that is completely incompatible with their QB’s skill set. It’s like oil & water. Unreal.
I have to admit I thought he'd do some good for them anyway. Now, I don't doubt they'll end up with a top 5 pick. They need a complete reset. I don't see anything to even build off of to be honest.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Lost in all of this are 2 guys Denver signed to big deals this off-season. DE Zach Allen has been a bust and RT McGlinchey has been injured

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Can't overthink inner-division games, weird things happen but Chiefs are not going to have any problem with this team.

I've always thought Sutton was greatly overrated. Nothing remotely special about him. He's tall and that's about it.
Did you mean intra-division?

Payton34Sayers40

Liked Posts:
I would never put limits on a person who works as hard as Justin does…. and is as mentally tough as he is. The media and this city chew up QB’s and break them FOREVER. …. Not Justin. Add in the fact that he is physically gifted… no, I don’t put limits on a guy like that.

Is it expected that he will be better than Mahomes one day? No. But can it happen? — it’s for damn sure POSSIBLE.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Chiefs have a real D now. That’s scary. If it wasn’t for missing 2 HOF’ers in week 1 to go along with a laughably awful game by Toney, they would be undefeated.