Today the most important day for Theo Epstein?

kchicub08

Liked Posts:
Well, they assembled a garbage team to essentially get this pick so it really needs to work....

Willrust

Liked Posts:
This is the pick that an entire season was wasted for.

One complete season thrown away for 1 player.

It needs to be a home run and a multiple time All Star player or it will be a complete failure.

Needs to be more than that. Starlin Castro is a 2 time All Star and that hasn't stopped you from shitting all over him.

mountsalami

Liked Posts:

It needs to be a home run and a multiple time All Star player or it will be a complete failure.

Wow KB !!!!!

You do have a heart afterall.

I always thought, with this great scouting and development team, that they could reel in close to the the same kind of player, picking at around the twenty spot.

Can't get the wasted seasons back no matter how much a guy tries to pile the shit on it.

mountsalami

Liked Posts:
Needs to be more than that. Starlin Castro is a 2 time All Star and that hasn't stopped you from shitting all over him.

Unfortunately, Castro has shown that he can shit all over himself. Doesn't need any of our help from this board.

It absolutely is something you can relate to given your track record.

KBisBack!

Liked Posts:
Starlin Castro is a 2 time All Star and that hasn't stopped you from shitting all over him.

Actually I have accurately and factual stated how his production has regressed.

Your childish obsession and temper tantrums translate that into him being shit all over.

KBisBack!

Liked Posts:
I always thought, with this great scouting and development team, that they could reel in close to the the same kind of player, picking at around the twenty spot.

Other teams seem to be able to do it with 'lesser' scouting departments and management team while having winning seasons.

But that is clearly asking for too much of the Cubs to try and do.

AmericanFlyer1

Liked Posts:

Honestly, I don't even know if that will do it.

I still cannot see a reason or justification to purposely tank seasons all for the effort of getting a high draft pick. There is just too much wrong with that.

But, it will be interesting to see the media hype behind the pick and how fast they make it to the big league club.

mountsalami

Liked Posts:
But, it will be interesting to see the media hype behind the pick and how fast they make it to the big league club.

The loads of :cum: are already flowing here at flood levels.

Bryant appears to be the popular girl at the truckstop.

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
The loads of :cum: are already flowing here at flood levels.

Bryant appears to be the popular girl at the truckstop.

You know anything about him? Or just pissy b/c they didn't take Gray, whom you have deemed the superior player w/ your scouting abilities?

X

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Do you know how to read ?

indeed I do. Read that he led college baseball in HR, Walks, Slugging %...and more...Haven't read anything you know about him yet...just read that you wanted Gray so the move was dumb.

mountsalami

Liked Posts:
indeed I do. Read that he led college baseball in HR, Walks, Slugging %...and more...Haven't read anything you know about him yet...just read that you wanted Gray so the move was dumb.

I am well aware of Bryant's college statistics. They are very good.

When the glaring need is young power arms, which is something Hoyer stated and I agree with. Passing on Gray is stupid because he's the best of the hardest throwers in the draft.

But I also agreed with their thoughts with wanting to win the World Series every year also. Is it just happenstance that they mostly contradict themselves repeatedly ?

X

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Where did I use the word superior. Or do you just like taking a piece out of willrust's notebook ?

:facepalm: perhaps the semantics police would've preferred me say the superior pick (in your estimation) as opposed to the superior player.