Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
everybody knows i’m not a Pace fan, but anybody who takes any stock in Pace saying Dalton is QB1 is blind. He’s got one last shot to find a QB in the draft before this team is destined for 5 wins.
He will be this year for at least a number of games. That said, Pace needs to draft a QB.

Last edited:

Brownie

Liked Posts:
Nagy is worse than Trestman.

Oh for sure. Total disrespect to Trestman to even suggest Nagy is in his orbit as a Offensive Coach.

Listen, Trestman might have had the people skills of an earthworm, but that guy could put an offense together. Dude just wanted to coach football without all the other bs HC's have to deal with.

Nagy is a good people person, ra-ra, glue guy. Superb Salesmen. But is he actually a good coach? He hasn't proven that he can put a scheme together, win strategically in game, or develop A player yet.

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
Nagy is worse than Trestman.
Actually Nagy and trestman combined would be a great coach. Trestman actually put together a really great offense, but had no control or respect from the players. Players actually seem to like Nagy, but he's a complete moron who couldn't draw up an effective play if his life depended on it.

Brownie

Liked Posts:
Actually Nagy and trestman combined would be a great coach. Trestman actually put together a really great offense, but had no control or respect from the players. Players actually seem to like Nagy, but he's a complete moron who couldn't draw up an effective play if his life depended on it.

I was actually thinking the same shit this morning.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
You're going to be waiting a pretty long time my man.

I think so too.

I think the Bears actually are better football team this year and will end up going to the playoffs again and save their jobs.

I also expect Andy Dalton to easily outperform everyone's low expectations.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
I think so too.

I think the Bears actually are better football team this year and will end up going to the playoffs again and save their jobs.

I think Dalton is a better fit for this offense over Trubisky/Foles. Like I’ve said before losing Fuller will hurt the defense and we don’t know how Desai will be as a DC. The fact he wants to bring back a Fangio style defense makes me feel more comfortable but we don’t know if he will achieve that yet. As of now, (Looking at the schedule) I think the Bears are the same exact team as last year. There’s nothing that screams they are better. Hopefully the draft turns that around.

2Deep

Liked Posts:
I think so too.

I love your optimism my friend. I have always been optimistic about the bears but something within me died this off season. I will still be there every Sunday in front of my TV cheering my ass off......

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I'm not a public relations guy, but I don't see what the benefit was in having this press conference.

Brownie

Liked Posts:
I'm not a public relations guy, but I don't see what the benefit was in having this press conference.

Seems like they are making a concerted effort to be more visible this offseason. Maybe a mandate from Jorge.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Seems like they are making a concerted effort to be more visible this offseason. Maybe a mandate from Jorge.
I guess. Seems like you have the opportunities to hide yourself until you get closer to the draft.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
I was watching the Angels broadcast of the Sox game last night, and they brought on the GM for an interview in the middle of the game, super casual, very informative about his own history, his perspective, a recent contact extension. It was cool to hear even with no interest in the Angels.

I suspect they are trying something like that, but it's very awkward and really doesn't work because they are so glued to their narrative and they probably sense it's all damage control right now.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I love your optimism my friend. I have always been optimistic about the bears but something within me died this off season. I will still be there every Sunday in front of my TV cheering my ass off......

It's not really optimism. it's more just sitting back and objectively looking at everything instead of giving in to the emotions of the moment.

Objectively speaking, when Mitch trubisky ran Matt Nagy's offense, there would be a ton of times every game where there would be a receiver wide open, and Mitch trubisky flat didn't see them. Just ignored them because he couldn't process anything quickly.

All this talk about how Matt's offense is bad really isn't true. He just stubbornly refused to dumb it down for 2 years for the sake of a dumb quarterback. Add to that the fact that you had Cody whitehair also blowing the calls on the line for 2 years which led more often than not to offensive lineman blocking the wrong guy, and of course the offense is going to look a bit like a train wreck. The thing most people don't understand is that this isn't the way Matt drew it up. Receivers were getting open.

Then we had the injuries and Sam Mustapher step into the center role and he was nailing the line calls. Suddenly the offensive line, especially on the interior looks a lot better.

So you have receivers getting open, now a better offensive line simply from moving whitehair back to his pro Bowl position at guard and having a center who can get the line calls right, James Daniels returning on the other side, and then the last piece of the puzzle needed is quarterback which brings us to Andy Dalton.

No one here has watched Andy Dalton up close. His numbers and play suggest he is above average but not great. When protected well, and given weapons, he does well. When not protected well, even with weapons, he does poorly. likewise even if he's protected but has no weapons he doesn't do as well.

but the one thing he does very well is process information and know where to go with the ball in a hurry.

People look at the fact that the Dalton led Bengals team lost in the playoffs four years in a row and therefore think Dalton is a horrible quarterback. yet we've had a Cincinnati fan come in here and try to set people straight, letting them know that the loss was more of a team effort despite the narrative the ESPN talking heads put out on Dalton. Then you have the Dallas debacle that everyone wants to hang on Dalton, but no one wants to look at the kind of offensive line they had, which was not as bad as the Bears as a lot of people said but in fact was way way worse due to injury.

with their jobs on the line I can see exactly what Ryan Pace and Matt Nagy are going for here.

I wager they take an offensive tackle in the first round to replace Charles Leno Jr. They definitely will ride with Dalton as their starting quarterback unless somehow they do manage to trade for Russell Wilson.

Nick Foles will likely stay on simply because no one wants him in trade, and they will draft a Young quarterback in the second or third round who will be the third string and tutor behind Dalton and Foles. Pace hinted at this when he talked about the experience of the quarterback room.

In this way they can try to win now and still bring along a project quarterback who even if the quarterback ends up not working out, they will not have taken them in around where it will significantly damage the franchise.

So optimism? No. just putting emotion aside and looking at what actually is going on and I see reason for improvement. Trust me, I would not have the same feeling if Nick Foles were the starter or Mitch trubisky.

I've already said I think Dalton will throw for over 4000 yards this year and that was before the announcement of a 17 game schedule.

And it won't be because he's awesome at creating, but because he will get rid of the ball quickly and find his open receivers more often than that which will lead to a lot more yards.

Last edited:

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
In light of this new information, a review is now underway to determine if my #calledit needs to again be revised downward from 2-15, to 1-16 or maybe 1-15-1.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Maybe playing the long game. Bears fans were beginning to forget last seasons suckage and were showing optimism heading towards the draft. By reaffirming Dalton as QB! and Nagy as playcaller expectations will rightfully plummet. 6- 10 will seem like a pipe dream and have daBears70 calling Pace a genius.