Tom Brady GOAT

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
Great player no doubt but that Tampa team is strong all around. Had a great defensive effort against GB.
Brady threw 3 picks, 2 of them outright dumb INTs. Brady is the GOAT and I have always been a fan, but that wasn't a great performance.

But hey, my second favorite team is always the team playing the packers that day.

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I hate Brady and used to think he was a product of the Patriots system, but I have to admit after seeing him go to the superbowl again with another team, he's definitely the GOAT. He's in the conversation with MJ as the best athletes to ever play a sport.

lol at the person who said Rodgers is Lebron. Rodgers has not accomplished nearly enough as much as Lebron has accomplished. Only similarities between the two is that they might both be the most naturally skilled people to play their position. I think physically, Rodgers is the best QB I've ever seen...just as Lebron might be the most physically natural basketball player. That's where the similarities end. Lebron has won more in his sport than Rodgers has.

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
Patrick Mahomes is probably just a few years away from becoming the greatest of all time.

Its a derail, and I think Mahomes is very good, but having a Kelce and Hill in their prime is almost an unfair advantage. 2 guys that the defense just cannot cover. Brady won several super bowl with not a ton of talent around him.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Patrick Mahomes is probably just a few years away from becoming the greatest of all time.
2 weeks from now will have something to say about that. Hope he can stay as healthy as Brady has. Lots of good story lines about new vs old and changing of the guard.

Guess who won't get mentioned.
1611586389032.png

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
And Wayne Gretzky.
as great as Wayne was, he wasn’t the psychotic killer Brady is on a football field. Wayne’s best ability was his vision and passing. Brady’s is his inner killer that both teams know is going to take the game over. you can see the drive in his eye to prove to every person on the planet that nobody should ever be compared to him ever again. i think jordan is more similar in that way than Wayne is.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
Where he go? Aaronitout was posting hot and heavy 24/7 for weeks and all of a sudden disappeared from the face of the earth

???
Dude!!! I don’t need to explain for my boy. He’s a free spirit. Sometimes he’s comes in, most times he goes out.

Legaeveth

Liked Posts:
Where was that stupid thread from the beginning of the season that said nobody would take Tom Brady. Another dumb post made here.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
as great as Wayne was, he wasn’t the psychotic killer Brady is on a football field. Wayne’s best ability was his vision and passing. Brady’s is his inner killer that both teams know is going to take the game over. you can see the drive in his eye to prove to every person on the planet that nobody should ever be compared to him ever again. i think jordan is more similar in that way than Wayne is.
They say that Jordan was the most competitive person pretty much ever. Like, if he lost to you at fucking checkers, he would be angry until he got the chance to play you and not just beat you but beat you so bad at fucking checkers that it crushed your soul. I don't even know if Brady was on that level of competitiveness although he matches with Jordan on the work ethic part. Would put Cal Ripkin Jr in that category as well. Just the sheer determination to always get better, always put in miles of effort to improve one tiny centimeter. And do it over and over again.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
I hate brady but his arm is unreal at the age of 43. Brees legit has his arm falling off and Brady can still throw lazor's.

He legit looks like he could play till 50 if he wants. Fucked up.
I used to hate him too. Now, I just don't like him. It's all solely from a football standpoint though. Got tired of seeing the Patriots dominate year after year after friggin year. Now, that it's the Bucs, it's not as annoying. Still get tired of all the GOAT talk and what not.

I'm also familiar with his story though and how he worked his off to move up the depth chart when Pats drafted him in the 6th round on a whim. Also seen the write ups about the diet and exercise programs he's stuck with to keep himself in great shape as he's aged. Actually in far better shape than when he was coming out of the draft.

And through this covid season, seemed like Arians did a lot of calling out of Brady after some bad games and losses but Tom never took it to heart and went Jay Cutler over it. He just took it in stride and said, yeah, I have to play better. And you know he doesn't need the money or any more validation. Just really likes playing the game. Kind of refreshing really. So, yeah, get tired of him in the football sense but he's surely worthy of mad respect.

KennyH

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
the only other player in the history of sports that should be mentioned in the same breath as brady is Michael Jordan. People should appreciate the greatness we are witnessing.

He plays in a one country, two if you count the CFL, sport with 32 pro teams. You can easily argue he isn't the greatest current US athlete (probably Sabrina Williams in terms of domination in a global sport) let alone anywhere near the greatest player in the history of sports

Great at what he does, he's unquestionably one of the best ever, and arguably the best ever, NFL player. But that's probably as far as you can go given the restricted nature of the sport he plays - which is not a criticism of him or the sport. It's just stating an obvious fact.

Jordan, on the other hand, is a global superstar, in a sport played across the world, he would perhaps have a case for being greatest ever (though it's an impossible title for any athlete to hold as sport varies so much game to game).

Last edited:

Montucky

Liked Posts:
the only other player in the history of sports that should be mentioned in the same breath as brady is Michael Jordan. People should appreciate the greatness we are witnessing.
Richie McCaw, Wayne Gretzy, Don Bradman, Roger Federer...there are others you can mention in the same breath. I'm sure if soccer were a real sport there would be somebody from there too.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Those 3 ints show that he is losing arm strength because that’s what happens as you get older. He absolutely doesn’t look like he could or will play into his 50s. He probably won’t play after his contract is up in Tampa.

Uhh, his mobility is completely gone, but his arm strength is better than it was early in his career.

None of those INT's he threw screamed "aging arm" to me. Shit, one of them was due to him throwing too hard and too high.

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Uhh, his mobility is completely gone, but his arm strength is better than it was early in his career.

None of those INT's he threw screamed "aging arm" to me. Shit, one of them was due to him throwing too hard and too high.
Really? Better than it was early in his career? He got worse as the game went on....I wonder why?

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The old GOAT vs the new GOAT. Couldn't ask for a better matchup. I am riding with Mahomes in this one as there is an alternate reality where the Bears are going for their 3rd straight SB win with Mahomes at the helm.

Granada

Liked Posts:

Um, you know he holds the record for most goals ever, most goals in one season, etc., right? I mean yeah, he was great at those things too, but to say his best ability wasn't his goal scoring....no. He was dominant in every aspect of the game in all honesty, other than his two-way game.

Jordan, Gretzky, and Brady are all similar in their pure domination of a sport. If you just look at Gretzky's stats in every category, it blows your mind -- and he holds many that will simply never be broken, ever. Killer instinct is hard to exhibit in hockey as it is arguably more of a team game than Football or Basketball -- there is never just "one" player who carries an otherwise mediocre/average team to a Stanley Cup.