Ton of available QBs that are FAs, however...

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
I said I would rather have Mitch in that perfect situation you explained that was needed for Foles to be serviceable.
You've seen it already. Goes good against bad teams. Sucks vs good teams. Remember, Foles was in when the line was at its weakest and even depleted due to the covid thing. The line was much better MT's second time around.

Contracts also dictate what teams do. Mitch has none left with the Bears. Foles has 1 season left. Best way to get the most out of him is as that bridge/tutor and behind a line that's better than that shit line he was behind before.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Nah, the "throw your hands up in defeat" play at bridge QB is just start foles and get a top 10 pick. I like taking a 1 year dice roll on Heinicke because hes not a known commodity (unlike Mitch), despite what the CCS expert scouts who didn't know who he was 5 days ago are saying.

Edit: but im with you that we are really just looking to minimize cost until they can get a decent prospect in either this draft or the next, just hope the BEars FO isnt stupid enough to lock up long term money on whoever they pick for QB.

Looking at next year’s opponents and having no faith in the Bears’ QB situation immediately improving drastically, this would’ve been the perfect time to bring in a new GM and coach, use this as the shitty 4-12 year, pick your franchise QB early next draft or use that pick to gain assets while knowing guys like Hicks and Mack can come off your books to give you more options.

I can’t believe they kept these bums around just to get smacked around in 2021.

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
You're assuming Bears ownership and management have a plan. That's really adorable.
just taggin you man. and also @Spartan , @Jamais Vu , @Leomaz , @Chicago Staleys @Toast88 , after reading this entire thread....
Nah, the "throw your hands up in defeat" play at bridge QB is just start foles and get a top 10 pick. I like taking a 1 year dice roll on Heinicke because hes not a known commodity (unlike Mitch), despite what the CCS expert scouts who didn't know who he was 5 days ago are saying.

Edit: but im with you that we are really just looking to minimize cost until they can get a decent prospect in either this draft or the next, just hope the BEars FO isnt stupid enough to lock up long term money on whoever they pick for QB.

Why pay for Mitchell when you already have Foles paid for? We need to cut salary, not spend more
the feeling is...Bears are not gonna tank so top ten is possibly out of the picture @HearshotKDS , Pace and Nagy have to get it right to keep their jobs, i got the feeling they'll sign mitchell back for cheap. And for Foles, he just looks like he's out of football juice mentally, i doubt they'll rely on just Foles as a starter this next season, everyone says Foles is on a QB friendly deal so it's time to make something happen with Foles contact, a trade, negotiate or possibly retire. for cap space...bring in new DC, and trade, cut or release defense contracts. 2022 season fire nagy, ted and possibly pace, our new gm and regime trades up and selects a QB.

I haven't mentioned it yet, but this is OT, I thought recently yesterday about why George really didnt fire anyone, because we're basically at a football standpoint, George and top brass knows there isn't really any good candidates available this year or at the moment to us, if nagy and pace combo dont pan out sometime next season then we should tank next season midway and clean house. be first in line to interview/hire the BEST available candidate.

Last edited:

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Pace and Nagy are staying, no way they roll with Mitch again with their futures on the line. My guess is they trade for Matt Ryan. There's already talk about the Falcons trading up two spots with the Jets to pick a QB. Either way I think they pick a QB and trade Ryan. Pace and Nagy need to win next year and drafting a QB doesn't win them enough games to keep their jobs.
Pace will never trade for Watson after trading up to pass on him. He won't want to answer those questions I think Matt Ryan is the best target
too expensive.

The more I think of it I think the best option is to roll with Foles and pick a QB in the 1st or 2nd round. Let Trubisky move on so he can get another shot somewhere else. If anything we could see if he turns out like another Mahomes with a different coaching staff.
QB in the 1st or 2nd round. Let Trubisky move on so he can get another shot somewhere else. If anything we could see if he turns out like another Mahomes with a different coaching staff.

We dont have a new coaching staff, and we need a LT, 2xCB, 2x WRs, TE, OG, DE.OLB, and Safeties also.

Take either fitz or tyrod
Not free agents but Tyrod Taylor, Jamis Winston, or Sam Darnold in my opinion would be better options and possibly cheap trades.
:what:

I

I am, Taylor was nice last year. Winston was in an aggressive system. And Darnold has absolutely no help. More than anything, I watch the games instead of just looking up stats and highlights. From what I see, my opinion is these 3 guys would work for me.
DO you realize the QB last season for the chargers was Justin Herbert who was actually pretty damn amazing? it sure wasn't Taylor

Last edited:

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Some of you have no idea what free speech is .

Free Speech guarantees that the government may not jail, fine, or impose civil liability on people or organizations based on what they say or write, except in exceptional circumstances.

It doesnt apply to anything else and you have the right to say something but it doesn't protect you from the consequences.

What you seem to be searching for is the ability to say what you want free of accountability and thats just not real life .
Probably get fired, banned from the nfl, not allowed on planes, all social media cut off, can't bank anywhere and not allowed to get a job ever again......until he thinks a certain way.

the open minded tolerant left......what a group.

trump is a FRUAD, get over it.

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Watson would have to ok the trade and Miami seems to be the place he wants to go.
recently heard that he did a bears color theme about something..and he's on Instagram showing Chicago related things.

Last edited:

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Prescott is tops for me, even with the ding but unlikely worth the price if actually available.
I was of the opinion that the Bear would try and keep Mitch in a job saving move but considering the presser, i suspect that's not the case.

Pace is going for one in the draft and will surround him with little.
they cant really talk about contact/players wise. which is why we didnt get that kind of info, I believe Goegre figurethe team is at a football standpoint which means the he's stuck with this regime till after next season. it's either Mitchell or impossibly Watson or we are really fucked til Nagy and Co. is gone.

Last edited:

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Give me CJ Beathard. Invest heavily in the OL and lets pound the fucking rock baby!
I can get on board with Beathard.
Same. I'd take Beathard over any other free-agent and use the draft to build the o-line and improve the RB depth.
CJ Beathard...is :poop:.
17 game starts in his career and only had 4 games where actually played good enough to get a 100plus QB ratings against....wait for it...bad defenses along with garbage time stats IN THOSE GAMES!. and CJ only has 4 wins in his career..

:kanye:

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
When Mitch is your bridge QB
View attachment 9807
Mitchell,Mitchell he's our man if you cant ruin him, we can.
m2c3xs2sLC2wB5BmWfLqV4X5JUatKBOERBhPMSSmyEHdoZfLksWTWFbLX-ktio8oE0UAUw9TAYTDrZhy_w7a347uZDxwBB87h72745nTh36J50Q-hUrtAI4x-I3hbJGVRRhwobVkFPeJIA

Last edited:

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
they cant really talk about contact/players wise. which is why we didnt get that kind of info, I believe Goegre figurethe team is at a football standpoint which means the he's stuck with this regime till after next season. it's either Mitchell or impossibly Watson or we are really fucked til Nagy and Co. is gone.
I'm well aware. Tone of presser. I certainly wasn't expecting a discussion about which QB they were going after, LOL. I now think they draft one and run with Foles. Mitch had a few good games towards the end of the year but the Mitch vs Foles thing is 6 of one and a 1/2 dozen of the other. Foles just needs better protection.

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I'm well aware. Tone of presser. I certainly wasn't expecting a discussion about which QB they were going after, LOL. I now think they draft one and run with Foles. Mitch had a few good games towards the end of the year but the Mitch vs Foles thing is 6 of one and a 1/2 dozen of the other. Foles just needs better protection.
you gotta remember tho..
like some of us here have been say since the day we traded for Foles..
he's an injury away from being un-available We really cant rely on him. he did survive that big hit vs. Falcons on the Miller game winning TD, then the next big hit Foles took vs the Vikings took his ass out. he's glass.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
you gotta remember tho..
like some of us here have been say since the day we traded for Foles..
he's an injury away from being un-available We really cant rely on him. he did survive that big hit vs. Falcons on the Miller game winning TD, then the next big hit Foles took vs the Vikings took his ass out. he's glass.
There'll be somebody else here but I suspect it's Foles as #1 going into the draft though perhaps Mitch is back if the market allows. I thought they would do whatever it took to keep Mitch if he played well in those last games against better Ds. Since he didn't, they are either moving on or will resign at the appropriate price. The reason I thought they might resign him at any cost if he continued to play well was the same you gave. To keep their jobs. Now I think they feel pretty secure or are actually thinking more about the future more than their own hides. I suspect they both have 2 more years on their deals and at least Pace is comfortable.

I recall some info about Paces deal being extended to match Nagy's when signed but now it seems that nobody knows. Sounds right though. he may also be in line for Teddy's gig.

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
There'll be somebody else here but I suspect it's Foles as #1 going into the draft though perhaps Mitch is back if the market allows. I thought they would do whatever it took to keep Mitch if he played well in those last games against better Ds. Since he didn't, they are either moving on or will resign at the appropriate price. The reason I thought they might resign him at any cost if he continued to play well was the same you gave. To keep their jobs. Now I think they feel pretty secure or are actually thinking more about the future more than their own hides. I suspect they both have 2 more years on their deals and at least Pace is comfortable.

I recall some info about Paces deal being extended to match Nagy's when signed but now it seems that nobody knows. Sounds right though. he may also be in line for Teddy's gig.
I think they'll bring mitchell back on other fact that they finally got the offense clicking somewhat but spurred out vs green bay & when soft on offense with Nagy's play calling vs Saints. plus, the Oline started to gel late, and some guys are missing on offense and it was expressed about in the last conference call.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It will certainly be an interesting offseason.