Tory Taylor 46.3 avg, Trenton Gill 46.1 avg - What will Bears do with the extra 0.2 yards of field position?

Toast88

Liked Posts:

Toast88

Liked Posts:
A lot of responses not answering the question in here.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Its also not just about distance, but the actual time you allow the balls to be in the air.

A proper punt gives you both the length and time to properly enjoy it
What’s Taylor’s hang time?

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Well for one you are comparing a career gross average of a college punter to the yearly gross average of an NFL Punter who regressed significantly in his 2nd year while the special teams actually improved for the Bears in 23. It’s the net yards, hang time and inside 20/10/5yd line that matters. I didn’t like the pick but this is a woefully disingenuous way to present stats. I’m more worried about the 3 blocked punts that Taylor had. Were they because of blocking or was it because he has a slow punting motion? If it’s the latter, he won’t make it in the NFL

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
There are answers in posts two and three. They’re logical so I’m sure you don’t understand them.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
I only watched highlights. I can’t sit through Iowa games because they’re brutally boring.

However, I have friends that are diehard Hawkeye fans and they swear by this guy.

I was basically told he was the most impactful player on the team.

It sure seems like he has a knack for dropping balls close to the opponent’s goal line that are able to be downed by the gunners.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
There are answers in posts two and three. They’re logical so I’m sure you don’t understand them.
They didn’t answer the question. Neither have you.

Why are you annoyed by stats? I literally didn’t say anything bad about Tory Taylor.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Well for one you are comparing a career gross average of a college punter to the yearly gross average of an NFL Punter who regressed significantly in his 2nd year while the special teams actually improved for the Bears in 23. It’s the net yards, hang time and inside 20/10/5yd line that matters. I didn’t like the pick but this is a woefully disingenuous way to present stats. I’m more worried about the 3 blocked punts that Taylor had. Were they because of blocking or was it because he has a slow punting motion? If it’s the latter, he won’t make it in the NFL

Unfortunately that’s what I heard.

Zero clue if accurate. I don’t watch Iowa football

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
I only watched highlights. I can’t sit through Iowa games because they’re brutally boring.

However, I have friends that are diehard Hawkeye fans and they swear by this guy.

It sure seems like he has a knack for dropping balls close to the opponent’s goal line that are able to be downed by the gunners.
Nope. His average is barely above Gil’s, so he sucks. Just ask Toast, he’ll tell ya!

Toast88

Liked Posts:

Yeah, I have no doubt that he was an impact player for a team that averaged 7 points a game. Absolutely.