Trade deadline/rumors

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
I actually think that the light bulb might turn on for Puig at some point but there are no guarantees. However if it's straight up for Shields as some are reporting they should probably make that happen.

Yeah I'd do that in a heart beat if I'm Kenny.

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
Ken Rosenthal ‏@Ken_Rosenthal 45s46 seconds ago
Source: #Dodgers and #Athletics have made a trade - Jharel Cotton to Oakland. Could be Reddick and/or Hill.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
They may stay internal. They still have Soler, La Stella and Cahill as depth. Cahill has been starting so he could end up the 6th starter. Soler comes back up you would expect that he ends up as the every day LF which puts Cog out of a job.

Things will work out.
Cogs wouldn't be out of job hed play against most RH

Soler still has to show he can hit RH to be an everyday player

They need to make a deal for a LH bat, they can't risk having deadline pass and then stuck with what they have which is a revolving door of struggling hitters in LF.

Sent from my LG-V495 using Tapatalk

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
Ken Rosenthal ‏@Ken_Rosenthal 57s58 seconds ago
Source: Reddick and Hill to #Dodgers.

TC in Mississippi

CCS Staff
Liked Posts:

I give the Dodgers some credit for going for it with Kershaw being a huge if to come back. With this and if they make the Shields deal the rotation is not half bad without him

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
I give the Dodgers some credit for going for it with Kershaw being a huge if to come back. With this and if they make the Shields deal the rotation is not half bad without him

They do have better fall back than most teams. I mean they spent like $90 mil on IFA's in 2015.

TC in Mississippi

CCS Staff
Liked Posts:
They need to make a deal for a LH bat, they can't risk having deadline pass and then stuck with what they have which is a revolving door of struggling hitters in LF.

With Reddick and Hill to LA I'm pretty sure this isn't going to happen unless it's a bench bat to upgrade from Coghlan. I've never really thought this was a priority for Theo and company.

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
Jeff Passan ✔ @JeffPassan
Source: Frankie Montas is headed to Oakland in the Rich Hill/Josh Reddick deal.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
If that makes puig more available, I wouldn't mind Epstein giving Dodgers a call..

Doubt Dodgers would help another playoff team get better though, unless they overpay

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
If that makes puig more available, I wouldn't mind Epstein giving Dodgers a call..

Doubt Dodgers would help another playoff team get better though, unless they overpay

Why would you want Puig?

beckdawg

Liked Posts:

Maybe they wouldn't deal in league to a contender. Puig would be interesting depending on price. It'd have to be fairly cheap though given the extra baggage he presents.

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
Ken Rosenthal ‏@Ken_Rosenthal 5m5 minutes ago
The #Dodgers have maintained they will trade Puig only if they get another outfielder. Reddick is that outfielder.

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
Ken Rosenthal ‏@Ken_Rosenthal 2m2 minutes ago
Sources: Frankie Montas, Grant Holmes and Jharel Cotton going to #Athletics. @Jeffpassan first on Montas.

That's a good haul for Oakland. Holmes especially.

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
Why would you want Puig?

He does hit RHP ok and wouldn't be a terrible bat off the bench with his speed. I think it's rather unlikely the cubs would deal for him but if you're asking why they would want him, basically the same reason any other team would. If you get him back to what he was in 2013/14 he's an immensely valuable piece. With that being said, I'm not even sure I'd deal someone like Candelario for him right now. He'd have to be absolutely dirt cheap.

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
User Actions
Follow

Rhett BollingerVerified account
‏@RhettBollinger
A source confirms the Twins traded reliever Fernando Abad to the Red Sox for reliever Pat Light.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
He does hit RHP ok and wouldn't be a terrible bat off the bench with his speed. I think it's rather unlikely the cubs would deal for him but if you're asking why they would want him, basically the same reason any other team would. If you get him back to what he was in 2013/14 he's an immensely valuable piece. With that being said, I'm not even sure I'd deal someone like Candelario for him right now. He'd have to be absolutely dirt cheap.

Bad attitude, shitty work ethic, thinks he is a star. I understand taking a chance on him, but not in a pennant race. This team likes each other. You dont make a ripple with a guy like Puig who is a complete diva.

TC in Mississippi

CCS Staff
Liked Posts:
I absolutely don't believe the White Sox would ever make a major deal with the Cubs but damn the teams match up pretty well for a deal now that it looks like Sale, Quintana or both are pretty likely to be moved. Those guys are the definition of what the Cubs are looking for in a long term TOR piece.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Why would you want Puig?

He better then the revolving door in LF and he can take over CF next year

If they can get someone else great...

They need another bat in that lineup to offset guys who can't get it going consistently, especially come playoffs..

You can disagree they need another bat, but I'm not 100% counting on Soler and Cogs to do the job consistantly in LF