Trade deadline/rumors

chibears55

Liked Posts:
I'm by no means sure Hammel will be gone. That $10 million option could be attractive based on the price of pitching today.
Don't think they'll look to get one via FA, not much out there that an upgrade over Hammel and not what their looking for as far as long term..

Their going to try and replace him via a trade with a younger high ceiling long term arm..

Sent from my LG-V495 using Tapatalk

A.C. Milan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
So the Yankees win at the end of the day

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
Jeez Matt Duffy and Fox for Moore? That's a lot to give up. Duffy was worth 4.9 fWAR last year and they literally just signed Fox for $6 mil in the same IFA as the cubs were spending.

Boobaby1

Liked Posts:
Joel Sherman ✔ @Joelsherman1
#sfgiants got Matt Moore from #Rays

Isn't that just the Cardinals luck to have 6 of the next 9 games against the Reds, minus their best RBI man in the line-up?

CSF77

Liked Posts:
So Smith to the pen. Matsuck to the curb. Guess they want 5 innings per starter now.

Boobaby1

Liked Posts:
That is a bit odd to have Matt Duffy and Evan Longoria in the same line-up. Wonder who is switching positions?

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
That is a bit odd to have Matt Duffy and Evan Longoria in the same line-up. Wonder who is switching positions?

DH for one probably Longoria or 1B. Duffy was a pretty good defender last year IIRC.

DanTown

Liked Posts:
Duffy is probably not going to hit well enough to be a AL 3B so there's still a chance he plays 2B (where I think he projects to be a better player). I wonder if the Rays (or Cubs) would do something like Snell for Schwarber.

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
Duffy is probably not going to hit well enough to be a AL 3B so there's still a chance he plays 2B (where I think he projects to be a better player). I wonder if the Rays (or Cubs) would do something like Snell for Schwarber.

Given what has been reported about theo and schwarber with ref to the yankees he sounds entirely untouchable. And frankly, if his bat is as good as it looked last year the idea of sandwiching Bryant between him and Rizzo sounds godly for the better part of the next decade. You realistically could be talking about 3 guys who are roughly clones of each other in terms of power and on base with 2 from the left side.

I would be curious though if Soler would interest the Rays. They now will have Fox and Adames as SS prospects. Duffy and Longoria at 3B(or 2B as you suggest). Joshua Lowe is also a worth while 3B for them. Jake Bauers is probably a 1B/DH for them. Garrett Whitley is their only interesting OF prospect but he profiles more in CF where they already have Kiermaier. They don't really have good corner OF prospects right now. Steven Souza Jr. was supposed to be that but he wasn't very good this year.

DanTown

Liked Posts:
Given what has been reported about theo and schwarber with ref to the yankees he sounds entirely untouchable. And frankly, if his bat is as good as it looked last year the idea of sandwiching Bryant between him and Rizzo sounds godly for the better part of the next decade. You realistically could be talking about 3 guys who are roughly clones of each other in terms of power and on base with 2 from the left side.

I would be curious though if Soler would interest the Rays. They now will have Fox and Adames as SS prospects. Duffy and Longoria at 3B(or 2B as you suggest). Joshua Lowe is also a worth while 3B for them. Jake Bauers is probably a 1B/DH for them. Garrett Whitley is their only interesting OF prospect but he profiles more in CF where they already have Kiermaier. They don't really have good corner OF prospects right now. Steven Souza Jr. was supposed to be that but he wasn't very good this year.

Schwarber probably is untouchable to the Yankees but I wonder if that transfers to a team like Tampa Bay that has an assortment of young arms. The reason you trade Schwarber is it opens up an everyday role for Baez as well as gets you a TOR arm at a cost of one player. Right now Baez is a 2 WAR player after 288 PA. If you gave him 550 PA, he would be a 4 WAR guy for you.

I don't think Soler would interest the Rays much as a corner piece to a large term deal; I assume they'd have more interest in Happ or Jimmenz than Soler and that's a risky trade for the Cubs considering they just traded McKinney, Vogelbach, and Torres in the last week.

A.C. Milan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
C Jonathan Lucroy and RHP Jeremy Jeffress traded to Texas for OF Lewis Brinson, RHP Luis Ortiz and a player to be named.

DanTown

Liked Posts:
Interesting to see who eventually does or doesn't make the post season roster.

Hitters
Locks (9) - Rizzo, Bryant, Fowler, Zobrist, Baez, Russell, Heyward, Ross, Montero
Maybe (6) - Szczur, Almora, Soler, Coghlan, LaStella, Contreras

Pitchers
Locks (8) - Arrieta, Lester, Hendricks, Lackey, Chapman, Strop, Rondon, Wood
Maybe (7) - Cahill, Montgomery, Hammel, Grimm, Edwards, Nathan, Smith

It's not easy to say you know which five guys you'd cut from a playoff roster.

TC in Mississippi

CCS Staff
Liked Posts:

Hitters
Locks (9) - Rizzo, Bryant, Fowler, Zobrist, Baez, Russell, Heyward, Ross, Montero

Pitchers

Nope and pretty impossible right now. It will be up to matchups and the hot hand I would suspect.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
They need to expand the roster to 25 plus 5 on reserve used in AAA. That leaves 10 left on the 40 man for saving guys from rule V.

chibears55

Liked Posts:

Hitters

Pitchers

C. Montero
1B Rizzo
2B Baez
SS Russell
3B Bryant
LF Zobrist
CF Fowler
RF Heyward

Ross
LaStella
Soler
Szczur
Coghlan

Arrieta
Lester
Lackey
Hendricks

Hammel
Cahill
Wood
Edwards
Montgomery
Strop
Rondon
Chapman

With return of Cogs and Soler, and Getting Baez in lineup more
Contreras who been slumping of late will get less PT, or moved back to Iowa til Sept.

No chance for Almora unless there an injury

Grimm Nathan Smith..no chance over Hammel or Cahill

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Liriano and two prospects for Drew Hutchinson. Seems like the Pirates may be punting a bit this season and seeing if they get in with grit.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Puig wasn't on plane to Colorado
Was told he will either be traded or sent to minors

Looks like Puig days in LA is over
Probably put on waivers with Dodgers trying to make deal with claiming team and definitely be moved in off-season

baselman1974

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Puig wasn't on plane to Colorado
Was told he will either be traded or sent to minors

Looks like Puig days in LA is over
Probably put on waivers with Dodgers trying to make deal with claiming team and definitely be moved in off-season

Puig is toxic. Bad teammate, bad attitude. Thought can get by with talent and don't put work in. No thank you

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
Liriano and two prospects for Drew Hutchinson. Seems like the Pirates may be punting a bit this season and seeing if they get in with grit.

Those were legit prospects too. Reese McGuire was their #8 prospect(50 grade), and Ramirez was #9 with a 50 grade. Good move by the Jays I think.