Trade Deadline Talk

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
So what's the bigger move: Hawks getting Ladd or Rangers getting Staal? Those seem like the biggest moves of the last week or two.

Ladd, he'll slot in nicely with players and a system he already knows,

...Staal only knows his brother. Sad! :( :turrible:

Mattia

Liked Posts:
Huge work by Stan. It would have been the perfection trading Bickell and something to get a solid Dman...but it's almost perfect anyway.
Go Hawks

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Huge work by Stan. It would have been the perfection trading Bickell and something to get a solid Dman...but it's almost perfect anyway.
Go Hawks

Yeah...for this year its good.

Too bad the Hamuis deal couldn't be worked to discharge Bickell, but perhaps its cost effective to worry about next years cap next year.

I hope we have enough defense to win it all, this one is Crow's peak, if he ends up a hall of famer, and can put us on his back this year and next, I think the cap will work for us again in 2018 naturally.

next year may just be a lost cause. Lack of farm is a huge risk in 3-4 years.

Mattia

Liked Posts:
I'm not really worried about next year, maybe we can get a deal with some of expiring contracts if we win the cup and they strongly want to stay in a winning team.
It was really hard to trade Bickell to Vancouver for Hamhuis, they may wanted Gustafsson too and that was not good for sure future...we have depth (also pf prospects) offensively but we lack some in D. Anyway if we could get him or equivalent D it would have been really perfect. In 3-4 years I don't know but we may be still very good in forwards with Teravainen, Anisimov, Kruger, Panarin etc..it will depend also on if and how much the cap will raise.
But getting a back2back would be really amazing this year

Samurai

Ridiculum Anserini
Liked Posts:
Now that Dano and Danault are gone, there's no farm? Do you mean the 30-14 farm club that's leading their division in the AHL, or the myriad of youngsters in the organization who's progress is a complete mystery to you?

If anything, do a little homework, and for jeebus sake...have some faith in Stan.

fatbeard

Liked Posts:

Too bad the Hamuis deal couldn't be worked to discharge Bickell, but perhaps its cost effective to worry about next years cap next year.

I hope we have enough defense to win it all, this one is Crow's peak, if he ends up a hall of famer, and can put us on his back this year and next, I think the cap will work for us again in 2018 naturally.

Bowman his been skillfully backfilling the farm system through European and college FAs to make up for the prospects and draft picks he's shipping out of town. He seems to be exploiting a talent pipeline that's been overlooked by other clubs. I wouldn't be concerned until it starts to dry up on him.

Ron Burgundy

Blackhawks acquire Jackman from Anaheim

The Chicago Blackhawks announced today they have acquired forward Tim Jackman and a seventh-round pick in the 2017 National Hockey League Draft from the Anaheim Ducks in exchange for forward Corey Tropp. Jackman has been reassigned to the San Dieg...

More at the original article

BlackHawkPaul

Fartbarf
Donator
Liked Posts:

Blackhawks can trade half the farm and still have one of the top 5 AHL/farm systems.

DJMoore_is_fat

Liked Posts:
Every single season that we are in position to win a Cup - we have to go all-in in pursuit of another parade. I don't care what happens to the farm system in 3-4 years. None of that matters -- the only thing that matters is maximizing this run and winning as many Cups as possible. Bowman must do whatever it takes to win the Cup.

If we have to trade Dano and a 1st rounder, so be it. If we have to trade a 2nd rounder in 2018, so be it. We'll deal with the consequences later. Because when this run finally does end, it's highly unlikely we'll ever see anything like this again in our life times.

Does anybody here think the Chicago Bulls will ever have another Dynasty again in our life times? Nope. When it's over, it's over. And make no mistake, this Hawks run is the closet thing in Hockey that we'll ever see compared to the Dynasty-era Bulls.

If we win 4 cups in the salary cap era, it will be one of the most impressive feats by any organization in any of four major sports ever. The world should honor the Blackhawk Nation.

Bow Down!

Mattia

Liked Posts:
Furthermore I say the core group will be intact for other 4-5 years at least and with the Bowman and its staff capabilities I think we may remain contender at least for these years to come...this doesn't mean we will be able to win every year. We are full of prospects for the years to come, many picked as free agents so I'm not worried for the future, we have to maximize our opportunities to win the Cup every single year, so Bowman did a huge job this year.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I saw Marko Dano was playing the Florida Panthers last night.

Thats a tough part of the deal to swallow. We got what we needed, now its time to make it worth it.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Furthermore I say the core group will be intact for other 4-5 years at least and with the Bowman and its staff capabilities I think we may remain contender at least for these years to come...this doesn't mean we will be able to win every year. We are full of prospects for the years to come, many picked as free agents so I'm not worried for the future, we have to maximize our opportunities to win the Cup every single year, so Bowman did a huge job this year.

Right now, I think the championship window stays open through the end of the 2019 season when Hjalmarsson's contract is up. After that is when thing could start getting tricky.

Mattia

Liked Posts:
Right now, I think the championship window stays open through the end of the 2019 season when Hjalmarsson's contract is up. After that is when thing could start getting tricky.
Yes you're right, it will then depend also on the salary cap evolution and possibility to extend his contract and others at that time. But then, getting tricky doesn't mean we cannot compete for the Cup, it may be harder for sure but the ability of Bowman the staff and the scouts may help keeping the team highly competitive for some more years.

Samurai

Ridiculum Anserini
Liked Posts:
Yes you're right, it will then depend also on the salary cap evolution and possibility to extend his contract and others at that time. But then, getting tricky doesn't meanie cannot compete for the Cup, it may be harder for sure but the ability of Bowman the staff and the scouts may help keeping the team highly competitive for some more years.
Bingo.

There's a great overlooked song on Kansas' Leftoverture called "Miracles Out Of Nowhere". If Stan ever has a biography written about him, there should be a chapter called just that...if not the book itself.

Ahh what the hell, here's the song. 70's American prog-rock at it's finest. Any musicians reading this will surely appreciate their amazing abilities.

[video=youtube;jseTa7HUIDU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jseTa7HUIDU[/video]

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Next year is going to be very interesting. We're either going to sign a new core member to a long term deal, or have one of the most sought after trade pieces in the league if we're not in position to make another run at the cup. Or can't get out of cap hell.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Panarin and Ladd score within a half a minute of each other:) Ladd is making a big difference in this team. He is big and strong and knows what he is doing out there. It is going to be interesting what happens when Hoss gets back.