Trade Deadline Talk

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
And you still missed my point that it can be about more than just the salary cap.

I get it - it could help the Blackhawks on the ice "possibly". Give it 5% hockey and 95% salary cap if you want, so I suppose it isn't "all" about the salary cap. Make no mistake though, the Blackhawks make this deal with anyone, for anyone, if the money is the same.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
And while we're busy picking apart inconsequential parts of these deals as message boards are known to do, I just wanted to take a second and say that I'm really fucking excited about the next 3-4 months of hockey right now. Bowman went all in again, and now it's up to this group to bring a fourth Cup home. Let's fucking go Hawks.

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
Surprised that with all these deals that we haven't seen a #5 type dman come through yet. Could possibly be something in the works and hopefully it is. After watching the Blackhawks play with pretty much only 4 dmen in the playoffs last year, I would hate to see how taxing it would be doing it again this year.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Surprised that with all these deals that we haven't seen a #5 type dman come through yet. Could possibly be something in the works and hopefully it is. After watching the Blackhawks play with pretty much only 4 dmen in the playoffs last year, I would hate to see how taxing it would be doing it again this year.

Blasphemy!! Gus is the offensive #4, TVR is the defensive defenseman #4!! Svedberg is the penalty kill god of 2017 and beyond. Rozy is fucking untouchable, you want Q to explode?

We are good to go!!

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Blasphemy!! Gus is the offensive #4, TVR is the defensive defenseman #4!! Svedberg is the penalty kill god of 2017 and beyond. Rozy is fucking untouchable, you want Q to explode?

We are good to go!!

:turrible:

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:

I've not gotten this idea all season long that it's something they would strive for or want to replicate. It's not like it was done out of desire as much as it was a need to do.

I wouldn't describe them as nicely as Rask but this teams 5-7 & probably even 8 are leaps and bounds better than what they were able to do with their 5 & 6 last year.

You won't need to have swapping chaotic changing parts all game long where Keith/Seabs/Oduya eat 5-8 minutes with a shitty player to accommodate time but instead just have them play their normal pairs.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Who has tt been playing with on the lower lines. Mostly other young players trying to learn on the job? I am just trying to remember. Is it possible that with two more veteran wings for tt that he now has a more stable line to be a center with?

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Who has tt been playing with on the lower lines. Mostly other young players trying to learn on the job? I am just trying to remember. Is it possible that with two more veteran wings for tt that he now has a more stable line to be a center with?

Absolutely not.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:

It has been a consistent Desji-Danault-TT so 1 young guy and 1 defensive forward who surprisingly was getting good scoring chances almost entirely all because of Teuvo.

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
I've not gotten this idea all season long that it's something they would strive for or want to replicate. It's not like it was done out of desire as much as it was a need to do.

I wouldn't describe them as nicely as Rask but this teams 5-7 & probably even 8 are leaps and bounds better than what they were able to do with their 5 & 6 last year.

You won't need to have swapping chaotic changing parts all game long where Keith/Seabs/Oduya eat 5-8 minutes with a shitty player to accommodate time but instead just have them play their normal pairs.

I'll agree that their 5-7 is definitely better but their #4 certainly isn't. I'm actually a fan of Rozsival as the #5/6 dman on this team...he does a solid job in that spot and can eat up some important minutes and everyone saw that when he went down last year. He is prone to mistakes...but that is because he is a #5/6 dman and the Blackhawks ask a decent amount from him. Just think that one more solid #5 type dman would really help out back there.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
It has been a consistent Desji-Danault-TT so 1 young guy and 1 defensive forward who surprisingly was getting good scoring chances almost entirely all because of Teuvo.

Sooooo. Then yes. Having veteran wings who know how to play off a playmaking center could be good for him?

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
lol...Morin got traded again?

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Sooooo. Then yes. Having veteran wings who know how to play off a playmaking center could be good for him?

That's certainly the hope. I think Desi is an excellent bottom 6 guy and also think that Danault will be a great defensive forward in his future. But I don't think they have enough offensive ability/creativity to fully compliment Teuvo. Not saying that Teuvo is future Kane, but 88 went to a whole new level when the Hawks added another offensively-gifted talent on LW and got him a real-life 2C in Anisimov. Perhaps a guy like Fleischmann will help Teuvo tap into more of that potential that some people (myself absolutely included) believe he has.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Dale Weise on Tomas Fleischmann: "The chemistry with me and him was unbelievable from the start. I loved playing with him.

The Hawks now have a WTF line..... Weise Teravainen Fleischmann

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Dale Weise on Tomas Fleischmann: "The chemistry with me and him was unbelievable from the start. I loved playing with him.

The Hawks now have a WTF line.
.... Weise Teravainen Fleischmann

Hopefully not in more ways than one.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
It's andrew fucking ladd day! Where is the gdt lazy bastard.