Trade Marmol?

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Not trying to be dick here but they paid for 2 guys to be gone and did they really get anything good in return? Got a SP with 4.50 + career ERA that looks awfull. They they got a RP that BOS DFA'd they could have gotten on waivers if they wanted. Basically they paid to get those guys out of town

As opposed to getting nothing but some salary relief. That is the point, that they have shown they will pay salaries to get more in return.

MRubio52

Liked Posts:
if bell was on the cubs and marmol was on the marlins, I bet you would say that bell would be the upgrade.

Marmol's IP/H/R/ER/HR/BB/K: 9.2/8/8/6/1/13/9
Bell's IP/H/R/ER/HR/BB/K: 8.2/15/13/11/1/10/6

It's not insane to say, even though they are both god awful. Marmol is somehow missing more bats and giving up less hits. He has zero control, but if the Cubs had Bell I doubt Dab would be saying Bell was the upgrade.

bossdrb

The Boss
Donator
Liked Posts:
id love to, for some pitching/infield prospects. his motion is so violent, & he hasnt improved since he's been here. Dolis is being groomed for the closer spot, & we have other options.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
id love to, for some pitching/infield prospects. his motion is so violent, & he hasnt improved since he's been here. Dolis is being groomed for the closer spot, & we have other options.

Well you aren't getting anything until he regains any form of what he used to have and that is with you paying nearly all the salary. He has a few good months and regains the closer spot you might get some prospects with still paying most of the salary or a team taking his salary.

MRubio52

Liked Posts:

Dolis doesn't miss enough bats to be the closer. In all honesty, the next closer the Cubs will have when the team is good isn't on the team. I think we are going to go through a revolving door for a few years. McNutt might be the next closer, but I dunno.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Who cares who the closer is at this point? Bullpens are so volatile that there is no point in really worrying about it until the rest of the team is any good. Then we just have to find enough good arms so that it doesn't hold back team.

MRubio52

Liked Posts:
Who cares who the closer is at this point? Bullpens are so volatile that there is no point in really worrying about it until the rest of the team is any good. Then we just have to find enough good arms so that it doesn't hold back team.

agreed. Tried making that point but failed.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
FirstTimer is a prophet :bow:

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Not really. No one pays fir a closer let alone an expensive one.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Perhaps they should have...........