Trade Marmol?

JosMin

Entirely too much tuna
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
After today's outing, I'd be afraid to even call a team to see if they'd be interested in Marmol. Yeesh, 8.2 innings pitched and 9 walks. Somebody shoot the guy, already. Absolutely no control.

EnjoyYourTiger

That weird bear thing.
Donator
Liked Posts:
Trade him for what? Sun flower seeds? A new ball bag?

No one in their right mind would take him. And the sad thing is that I'm not upset that he's blowing games in what is basically a lost season (though winning today for Dempster's birthday would have been nice, considering he tossed a gem), BUT NOW HE'S FUCKING WORTHLESS and we won't get anything for him come the trade deadline.

I hope Dempster kicks him in the nuts today.

EnjoyYourTiger

That weird bear thing.
Donator
Liked Posts:
But, if we can't get anything for him, I say we light him on fire and pee on him in an attempt to put him out.

Uman85

Oh Yeah.
Donator
Liked Posts:
Send him down to Miami. He can have fun with Ozzie and Zambrano.

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Marmol sucks. He's afraid of the strike zone. He's done as useful closer.

We should let one of the young guns try for some closing experience. Hell, it can't be any worse. His contract is similar to Zambrano's....he's just dead weight at this point -- call it what it is, don't sacrifice wins in order to try to "get him right." Move him into a 7th inning roll and play closer-by-committee until someone steps up.

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
260452-405285-ozzie-guillen-has-been-suspended-five-games-for-his-comments-about-fid.jpg

fooking Z & Marmol are my brothas

JosMin

Entirely too much tuna
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
A team is bound to need a "proven" closer before the deadline. I know Marmol is absolute trash, but somebody is going to step up and look to add bullpen depth. The only saving grace for Marmol at this point is that he's still able to strike guys out.... then walk three in a row.

The Red Sox, Angels, Reds and maybe even Nationals may be looking to add depth once the summer is in full force. We've already established rapport with the Red Sox (obviously) and Reds with recent trades, so maybe somebody will pony up and give us something of minimal value to take Marmol off our hands. I'm sure we'll have to eat a majority of his salary, but shit, that'd be better than watching him take the ball in the ninth inning and hope he can remember where the strike zone is.

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
Marmol will not be traded until he proves he can get people out plus Cubs would have to eat most of his contract for next year since he due 9 mil +

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I often wonder what the Cubs would look like without Marmol. Though I love Marmol, but his elbow/arm is going to give sometime.

It makes too much sense for Hendry to do that deal.

I think only us smart fans thought about that.

The Bandit

vick27m
Donator
Liked Posts:
either we ship him now and get basically nothing but a bill in return, or we let him try to do well on a shitty team hope he gets going, builds up his stock a bit, and then get something along with a smaller bill.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
either we ship him now and get basically nothing but a bill in return, or we let him try to do well on a shitty team hope he gets going, builds up his stock a bit, and then get something along with a smaller bill.

Which is why he is going to be a middle reliever for a while. The talk that Marmol basically is unwilling to listen to the coaching staff is rather concerning.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Who is/was worse. Z or Marmol?

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
Which is why he is going to be a middle reliever for a while. The talk that Marmol basically is unwilling to listen to the coaching staff is rather concerning.

Who said this? Or is this because he keeps shaking Soto off when he calls for a fastball and Marmol doesn't want to throw a fastball?

Maybe he really misses Larry Rothschild.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Who said this? Or is this because he keeps shaking Soto off when he calls for a fastball and Marmol doesn't want to throw a fastball?

Maybe he really misses Larry Rothschild.

"It's the same story again," Sveum said. "Throwing 3-0 sliders (to Votto) when you have three-run leads, that's just not acceptable. Nothing else can happen except a two-run homer, and nobody is on base. So we have to somehow make some adjustments there. We have to throw fastballs in these situations."

“To tell you the truth, I don’t know. It’s a confidence factor or something,” Sveum said. “We’ve talked about it, and when he gets out on the mound, things change.
A few bloggers have pointed to this quote as evidence of Marmol not listening to the coaching staff. It is probably making too much out of quote, but it is disconcerting to hear these whispers.