Trade Season Thread—Who will Poles trade for?

Canth

Liked Posts:
How does that work with him in London right now? The travel logistics of that would suck.

Also, does this start a fire sale on Jags players?

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
Expect Poles will at least look at bringing in quality DT depth, dont think we see a Sweat level acquisition though.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
IDL depth, and if they can get a legit IOL starter at a reasonable price, I think they might do those. But they seem good everywhere else as long as Gordon and Stevenson don't have to go to IR.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
This is a young team improving each week but it is by no means win now mode.

Hopefully pickens comes back from his groin injury and they can start rotating him in to DL, Taylor has been better than expected and at this point booker is still developing with some reps.

They have a guy in bill murray that can fill in to get reps if there are injuries, and bates is coming back soon? Also I wouldn't mind seeing amegadjie get some reps at tackle if braxton or wright have to miss time.

I don't see why they would make any trades right now.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
If they get to the deadline at 6-2 and a swing tackle or IOL is available, why not? Or maybe a DT?
I would hope our GM has faith that he can identify talent in the draft and develop for the upcoming years where the bears should be competing.

If the bears can get a stud pass rusher in round 1 next year and maybe 2 starters in round 2 they should compete next year. Why try to speed up the process?

Are the Bears really ready to compete with the likes of the NFC north or the best teams in the NFC/NFL? I certainly don't think so.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
This is a young team improving each week but it is by no means win now mode.

Hopefully pickens comes back from his groin injury and they can start rotating him in to DL, Taylor has been better than expected and at this point booker is still developing with some reps.

They have a guy in bill murray that can fill in to get reps if there are injuries, and bates is coming back soon? Also I wouldn't mind seeing amegadjie get some reps at tackle if braxton or wright have to miss time.

I don't see why they would make any trades right now.

Yep. Agree with all of this.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I would hope our GM has faith that he can identify talent in the draft and develop for the upcoming years where the bears should be competing.

If the bears can get a stud pass rusher in round 1 next year and maybe 2 starters in round 2 they should compete next year. Why try to speed up the process?

Are the Bears really ready to compete with the likes of the NFC north or the best teams in the NFC/NFL? I certainly don't think so.
The Bearz will win out. Take it to the bank.

PrimeTime

Knowledge Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Raiders are a dumpster fire. No QB, Adams wants out. They are on the verge of a fire sale. I want to see mad Maxx play opposite of Sweat. Hands down the best defense in the league to go with a progressing offense. Easily a playoff team at that point and possibly more if the offense continues to progress. It will take 2025 1st rd and something in 2026. As long as the Bears keep the 2 2nd rd picks for the o-line. O-line help is not likely during the season. Any team trading away players for picks with the intention of rebuilding is not going to trade their top o-linemen unless they are long in the tooth.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
I am fine with trading to fill a hole, but not anything in R1-3. I would really like to see them make them make the playoffs this year though, and if they can get a real upgrade at IOL for a 5th, which can happen because teams are sometimes looking to shed expiring contracts, would be fine with that.