Trade Season Thread—Who will Poles trade for?

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
I would think that Detroit is going to be shopping for DL after the season ending injuries to both Hutchinson and Peko.

Do they swing for Reddick? I could see both parties being interested at this point in the season.
No..............if he is traded to an NFC team Jets have to pay the Eagles a 2nd rather than a 3rd.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
No..............if he is traded to an NFC team Jets have to pay the Eagles a 2nd rather than a 3rd.

Reddick is a one trick pony, he sucks in run defense, can't set the edge to save his life. Over-rated.
Giving up a second for Reddick would be as bad as giving up a 2nd for Claypool.
Reddick would need a month just to get into game shape.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
If a LT comes up I bet he goes for it.....that or DE....

Two super important positions

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Reddick is a one trick pony, he sucks in run defense, can't set the edge to save his life. Over-rated.
Giving up a second for Reddick would be as bad as giving up a 2nd for Claypool.
Reddick would need a month just to get into game shape.
Cool, thanks 😊

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
probably no one...

But, the Bears may not need a franchise LT to get better at the position....

Brax, IMO, is an average starting LT. So yes, they don’t need a franchise LT per se to upgrade, but will a non franchise LT be worth the price the bears would have to pay if they’re only marginally upgrading there? That’s difficult to answer, but my guess is probably not.

I’m much more concerned about the iOL. I’d go after Stanley in FA to upgrade from Brax. I don’t have any faith that the bears will be able to swing a trade for a significant upgrade on the OL. Difference making OL just don’t get traded…the Texans LT is the only one I could recall and don’t think it was during the season either.

EDPeezy

Liked Posts:
It seems like a rough spot.

I have no clue what Jones value on the market would be. He’s not horrible and obviously LT is important. They also don’t grow on trees. Somebody is giving him high teens right? Like 18 million? Is that wrong?

Then what do the Bears do? Upgrade and pay a guy in the low to mid 20’s? Draft a guy in the first? Do we want to develop a mid to late first rounder for a season or two? Will he even be good? Maybe he’s a beast from the jump, or just suitable. Probably not though.

Id have no clue which is the best choice. Drafting a guy saves you a lot of money with a guy on a rookie deal. He also may suck or just need time to develop. You pay a guy big money in FA and use a bunch of cap space. Or you keep the guy you developed. Has been here and knows the organization. Has chemistry but is on his best day middle of the pack.

TBH after a little thought bringing Jones back seems like the worst option. Half measure type of thing. You might as well pay 6 million or whatever more and upgrade or reset and save a bunch of money on a high draft pick. Bring in a vet to mentor him. Ideally that could be Jones. I’m assuming his value on the open market would be too high for him to accept that though.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:

I have no clue what Jones value on the market would be. He’s not horrible and obviously LT is important. They also don’t grow on trees. Somebody is giving him high teens right? Like 18 million? Is that wrong?

Then what do the Bears do? Upgrade and pay a guy in the low to mid 20’s? Draft a guy in the first? Do we want to develop a mid to late first rounder for a season or two? Will he even be good? Maybe he’s a beast from the jump, or just suitable. Probably not though.

Id have no clue which is the best choice. Drafting a guy saves you a lot of money with a guy on a rookie deal. He also may suck or just need time to develop. You pay a guy big money in FA and use a bunch of cap space. Or you keep the guy you developed who is at best middle of the pack but has been here and knows the organization, has chemistry but is on his best day middle of the pack.
I think they are high on amegadjie and are hoping he could supplant Brax next season. I’m also willing to bet they draft another developmental OT in the mid rounds.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:

Id have no clue which is the best choice. Drafting a guy saves you a lot of money with a guy on a rookie deal. He also may suck or just need time to develop. You pay a guy big money in FA and use a bunch of cap space. Or you keep the guy you developed. Has been here and knows the organization. Has chemistry but is on his best day middle of the pack.
They drafted a lt this year so idt they intend on over paying and also not sold on him.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I think they are high on amegadjie and are hoping he could supplant Brax next season. I’m also willing to bet they draft another developmental OT in the mid rounds.
Yeah Poles is already on record saying competing with Braxton next year will happen.

I think the focus will be more on drafting the interior of the line.

EDPeezy

Liked Posts:
I think the Bears know they can’t just bank on a 3rd rounder who hasn’t even played yet being their future starting LT. I’m sure that’s what they hope. They have to know other plans need to be in place though.

Canth

Liked Posts:

I did not know that. Yeah, that would change things quite a bit. It doesn't completely rule out an NFC team, but it would make it a minimum of a 2nd rounder which I would find hard to believe anyone would give up now.

EDPeezy

Liked Posts:
They banked on a fifth rounder 🤷‍♂️

After they saw what they had in mini camps and all the rookie off season stuff. they also were in full tear down and rebuild and we’re willing to be cheap and develop guys. He actually played and proved himself. Kiran has been on IR basically since he’s been here.

I get what you mean though. I just don’t think it’s the same. I also wouldn’t put it past the Bears so IDK.