Trade Tevin Jenkins

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
When Jenkins is retired and the NFL is denying his medical bills you are not going to pay his bills for him. Jenkins decides whether he is good to go and to what extent. No one else. Period.

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He's the one guy on the line that is serviceable. A grown man saying he can't go means you take that under consideration. Also NFL trade deadline is over.
If you want to over react to something, how about Black Rainbow's mother? She has AIDS. And it's spreading throughout CCS
Again, he didn't just say I can't go. He said I don't feel 100%, but I can be a back up. No if u can't start, then how are u available to play if someone goes down lol.

Lol 2 seasons of ?'s.....yet it's a overreaction...nah, wake up...two different staffs have had issues with him, but apparently those things didn't happen right

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Again, he didn't just say I can't go. He said I don't feel 100%, but I can be a back up. No if u can't start, then how are u available to play if someone goes down lol.

Lol 2 seasons of ?'s.....yet it's a overreaction...nah, wake up...two different staffs have had issues with him, but apparently those things didn't happen right

What is your plan? The trade deadline is over.

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
When Jenkins is retired and the NFL is denying his medical bills you are not going to pay his bills for him. Jenkins decides whether he is good to go and to what extent. No one else. Period.
Lmfao, okay Doc....if u can't go, u don't go. U don't say I am good enough to be a back up. End of story...Flus didn't seem happy when asked about it

We need Fields, Johnson and the others on team to pick up this mentality

tcmtrinity

Liked Posts:
Lmfao, okay Doc....if u can't go, u don't go. U don't say I am good enough to be a back up. End of story...Flus didn't seem happy when asked about it

Every Partridge Family has a Danny. Apparently Jenkins is the Danny Partridge of the Bears OL.

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
What is your plan? The trade deadline is over.
Next year....I love Jenkins as a talent and olineman, just too many fn issues. Every year it is something.

I'm one of the first, to think he would be all pro at right guard. Two different staffs and issues.

Again, Johnson out there playing 50 to 70% , Fields playing thru pain and getting abused...if he was 50%, that is better than Scholfield. Saying I can't start, but I can be a back up is ridiculous

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Dude, u either play or not...simple. I cant play, but can if someone goes down lol...okay

Guy gives an honest assessment of his physical state, that he can't play at a high level but can gut it out as an emergency last resort and you want to trade him.

FFS, can you meatball any harder?

cameronkrazie86

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Atlanta Braves
  1. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Duke Blue Devils
  2. Nebraska Cornhuskers
Next year....I love Jenkins as a talent and olineman, just too many fn issues. Every year it is something.

I'm one of the first, to think he would be all pro at right guard. Two different staffs and issues.

Again, Johnson out there playing 50 to 70% , Fields playing thru pain and getting abused...if he was 50%, that is better than Scholfield. Saying I can't start, but I can be a back up is ridiculous
I don't think it's a question of pain tolerance or toughness, I think it's more he didn't feel like he would make it through an entire game. If Jenkins goes out there, gets hurt within a few plays, now you're to the backup linemen and 1 fewer guy available at all. Because of the active day roster, the Bears only have so many linemen active each week so I think they made the correct move to start the healthier guy.

Would I prefer an injured Jenkins over anyone else on the line? Yes. But at the same time, him playing today doesn't change the trajectory of the season. Sure, maybe they win 'this' game but they aren't making the playoffs. So while I understand the frustration (I was annoyed too watching Schoefield attempt to block), I don't blame them for not playing Jenkins unless they had no other linemen available to play.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

That is not your call to make. You are a couch potato trying to tell another man how to take care of his body. You have zero experience in this area and have no clue what Jenkins is going through.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

The same way Johnson should have done that last week. He may be dinged enough to not be better than Schofield so why not let it heal if you can?

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
That is not your call to make. You are a couch potato trying to tell another man how to take care of his body. You have zero experience in this area and have no clue what Jenkins is going through.
Yet u do clown? Go act like a coach and do ur all22. Simple, played sports my whole life and Im sure at a higher level than u. U don't tell a coach..."I cant play as a starter, but I can play as a back up.

Simple, I don't feel good enough to go coach.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

43 min mark...gets heated lmao

Glad I'm not the only one who sees it...like dude said Johnson wasn't 100% last week, yet he is out there laying it on the line
and losing the game. WTF?
This macho play under any circumstances bullshit doesn't help the player or the team. We're lucky JJ was better this week and playing last week didn't make his ding linger. These are adults in a profession.

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The same way Johnson should have done that last week. He may be dinged enough to not be better than Schofield so why not let it heal if you can?
I agree, let it heal. Tell them u can't go. That's it.

Flus didn't need to tell media, imo he didn't like the "I can't go as a starter, but I can as a back up, that is why we didnt rotate him."....now let's include previous issues with staff.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
If he didn't like it, he could have just said no, you should sit. He didn't.

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't think it's a question of pain tolerance or toughness, I think it's more he didn't feel like he would make it through an entire game. If Jenkins goes out there, gets hurt within a few plays, now you're to the backup linemen and 1 fewer guy available at all. Because of the active day roster, the Bears only have so many linemen active each week so I think they made the correct move to start the healthier guy.

Would I prefer an injured Jenkins over anyone else on the line? Yes. But at the same time, him playing today doesn't change the trajectory of the season. Sure, maybe they win 'this' game but they aren't making the playoffs. So while I understand the frustration (I was annoyed too watching Schoefield attempt to block), I don't blame them for not playing Jenkins unless they had no other linemen available to play.
Thing is, coaches were going to start him. He
This macho play under any circumstances bullshit doesn't help the player or the team. We're lucky JJ was better this week and playing last week didn't make his ding linger. These are adults in a profession.
It's not the issue. The issue is, if u don't feel good enough to play as a starter, then sit and heal.....I have zero issue with that.

I do have a issue saying I can't start, but I can be a back up...which means you feel u can go, but only if ur backup goes down? No...just sit heal and next man up.

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If he didn't like it, he could have just said no, you should sit. He didn't.
He did, hence, why he wasn't starting at RG and him saying it's why we didn't rotate him.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Ding lingering? Sounds like a DeShawn Watson problem.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I see it to often in the NFL. Starters come back too soon and play worse than their backups. The entire gladiator mentality is wrong and bad for the player, the product and the fans.