Trades.. list cubs players you think are on the move

mountsalami

Liked Posts:
I believe looking forward the Cubs with a legit 3B and Appel are better then Garza and 3B in question or blowing the pick on Bryant who projects in 2-3 years. Other then that no deals are even worth making.

I believe keeping Garza and signing him to an extension and drafting Appel, are better than counting on Appel alone to take Garza's place in the rotation.

Third base can be filled via free agency with something easily more stout than what they have brought in the last two seasons.

Rendon is just a prospect and if he busts you're out Garza and that could be another step backwards knowing what Garza is capable of.

I would much rather see what Castro nets than Garza.

No need to have more holes filled with glaring question marks. We know Garza can pitch .

The Bandit

vick27m
Donator
Liked Posts:
I believe keeping Garza and signing him to an extension and drafting Appel, are better than counting on Appel alone to take Garza's place in the rotation.

Third base can be filled via free agency with something easily more stout than what they have brought in the last two seasons.

Rendon is just a prospect and if he busts you're out Garza and that could be another step backwards knowing what Garza is capable of.

I would much rather see what Castro nets than Garza.

No need to have more holes filled with glaring question marks. We know Garza can pitch .

and what 3B would you wanna see?

anyways off the top of my head:

Soriano
Marmol
Feldman
Villanueva
Dejesus
are near locks to get dealt.

Boobaby1

Liked Posts:
why are people so high on this kid ? other then hitting 28 hrs last yr, he really hasnt shown much more then josh vitters and is actually struggling so far this year in AAA hitting just .163 2 HR 8 RBI..

hopefully vitters gets over this injury bug soon and can get some more ABs in AAA and then by some point in July he can get a call and finish out the year with the cubs.. If he shows progress, then he a keeper going into 2014 IF not then they need to address 3B in the off season..

I think they need to keep garza, even if they draft Appel.. 1. theres no guarantee Appel going to have success at major league level or how long it will take for him to get there. 2. If Appel does come in and succeeds right away, you have a solid rotation going with garza, samardzija, and Appel

Vitters name was used to simply tell Ian Stewart that he was not going to be a part of the team. Frankly, the topic of Vitters and Jackson ever being a part of the Cubs team needs to be looked at realistically.

Vitters has the best chance of joining the team, but his numbers should also be dominating at AAA and they are not that stellar.

Jackson if he were to get 600 AB's at AAA would strikeout 180 times and his stats are horrible. Not good!

The Iowa Cubs are the worst part of the Cubs farm system.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Rondon has battled an injury bug off and on. But he has kept solid production. He is blocked by Zimmerman. Olt has plus D tools and HR power but fell back to AA this year. Red flags lit up with his AAA performance. Looking at what the Cubs have: Vitters Glove is bad. Strong arm. Makes a lot of contact. 20 HR power. Not All star type talent. Seeing how the Ricketts are playing this limit spending on payroll BS game: if they are going to invest into a SP they should just trade to get Price. With Appel and Shark it makes more sense to plug in a top of the rotation LH starter vs investing into another RH Arm. They are going to be stuck with Jackson for a few and Wood is a good back of the rotation arm. Ya in a Bizzaro world where the Ricketts were big spenders then extending Garza, offering 300M for 10 to Bobbie C. Then dumping the farm for Price would be the best option. But that is not what the Cubs got in an ownership.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Vitters has the best chance of joining the team, but his numbers should also be dominating at AAA and they are not that stellar.

he hit .304 with 17 HRs last year, injury setting him back some this year, he at .270 with 3 Hr in 63 ABs..
thats why i said hopefully he returns soon and can get more ABs and sometime in july he can a call up

Jackson if he were to get 600 AB's at AAA would strikeout 180 times and his stats are horrible. Not good!

ive about lost faith in brett jackson, he just lost it since 2011 when he jumped from AA to AAA

The Iowa Cubs are the worst part of the Cubs farm system.

AAA use to be where all the prospects would be waiting for their call up, now it seems mostly like a spot for players that arent quite good enough to be on a everyday roster but may be needed at some point to fill an injury void or replace that 23,24,25th man that not doing the job

Boobaby1

Liked Posts:
he hit .304 with 17 HRs last year, injury setting him back some this year, he at .270 with 3 Hr in 63 ABs..
thats why i said hopefully he returns soon and can get more ABs and sometime in july he can a call up

Just as a benchmark, Ryan Sweeney had a 83 AB's, .337 Avg, 8 HR's, .396 OBP, .627 SLG, and a 1.022 OPS and he is a bench player.

I believe Tony Campana in 2011 was hitting .342 with a .383 OBP in AAA and he busted.

Vitters had better start moving in a big way to even have a chance at not only making, but staying with the Cubs.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Just as a benchmark, Ryan Sweeney had a 83 AB's, .337 Avg, 8 HR's, .396 OBP, .627 SLG, and a 1.022 OPS and he is a bench player.

ryan sweeney is 28 YO, been around 8 yrs and never established himself as a major league starter

I believe Tony Campana in 2011 was hitting .342 with a .383 OBP in AAA and he busted.

we all know the campana story, and you can make a living in the minors with speed to get on base..

Vitters had better start moving in a big way to even have a chance at not only making, but staying with the Cubs.

not disagreeing, thats why i said hopefully he gets back from his injury soon so he can get more ABs and he can get a call sometime in July so they can get another look at him.. IF he progresses then he a keeper going into 2014 IF not then they have to look elsewhere for a 3Bmen in the off season.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
He has had leg problems. The bad thing is both him and Lake went down at the same time. We basically lost a year at 3B. Christian has sucked. Candi has sucked. Our experts say that Geiger lacks range to be a 3B. Most quality 3B talent is locked up for years. So ya the best option is to trade for it. Either use the farm to get a proven one like Headley. But this seems against what the propaganda is preaching. Other option is trading short term for long term. Oh ya that is status Que see last year for ref. or do nothing and hope every year that one of the fail train proves to be one who thought he could.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
CSF..
Not saying vitters is the definate answer, just dont think their going to make a move this deadline for 3B unless they can get someone they just cant pass up on that is no question a keeper.. just think they are going to give vitters another opportunity to make or break this year..
he 24 had a pretty good year last yr at Iowa, in limited AB he off to an ok start this year..
yes the injuries set him back and hopefully when he returns after this DL stint he can stay healthy and get more good quality ABs and get his call sometime in July

Like i said if he shows progression, then he a keeper going into 2014 If not then they have to go another route in the off season.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
I know you :fap: over Headley, but until he shows he is anything but a one year wonder last year, I have no interest in him.

No others on the market with upside. If we were just judging his bat I'd agree but he won a GG. So....

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Mark Reynolds.

Don't care if his defense at third isn't great. His bat contains some much needed power. He will not break the bank either.

Isn't he a 1B now?

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Never mind looked it up. He is playing 3B and is a F/A and only 30. I can see that solution.

KBisBack!

Liked Posts:
No others on the market with upside. If we were just judging his bat I'd agree but he won a GG. So....

I am not sure Headley has upside either.

This team needs offense.

If the Cubs want another shitty hitting 3B they might as well stay with what they got.

Headley sucks.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
please, no olt

Ya he has taken a step back this year.

But the Mark Reynolds idea have merit. Was signed by the Tribe on a 1 year 6 mil deal. He is up for his 1st F/A in 2014.

Career numbers: .236/.332/.476 Can expect around 200 SO per year with 75-80 BB. 30-35 HR would be normal.

Basically a lesser A-Ram. A-Ram has pretty good D and a better BA.

He would be worth a 3 year 30 mil with a few options going on to replace Sori's RH power going forward while the youth filters in.

Chris J

Chris Jelinek
Liked Posts:
Scouts thought he over achieved last year and they thought the Rangers shouldve traded Olt while his stock was high

The Bandit

vick27m
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah no olt for me, and Reynolds eh... dude doesn't play D and when he swings it's usually a miss or a huge hack of a homer.. wouldn't compare him to A-Ram at all, not even a lesser because they are completely different. I'd give him 2 years 14 mil, I wouldn't give him 10 mil a year.