Trades.. list cubs players you think are on the move

CSF77

Liked Posts:
And since being part of the Cubs organization.....

He's pretty much laid it out as being a fucking Special person.

Lets see what they do in the draft first. If they get Appel and stock up in power arms then he is being strait forward. If he get Bryant then a catcher then some late round crappy arms then ya clown. He sure likes to blame Hendry though. Even though Pena, Bradley, Fukudome were OBA signings.

patg006

Liked Posts:
just saying.... just like eric chavez, can assume guys like them will put up same numbers if they signed with other teams ..

This is something bearz99 would say......just saying...

You are Special person--period--if you think what we see at 3B now is better than Eric Chavez. I'm not calling Chavez the savior of mankind, I'm not calling him the 3B anchor for the next decade. I'm calling him a 2 year patch player at the hot corner while the cubs figure out a better alternative than Brent fucking Lillebridge, Luis Valbuena and Cody Ransom......Chavez is statistically better than all three and until a couple days ago, was incredibly dependable in 38 games in fielding and at the plate.

Go on now, strawman away.....

mountsalami

Liked Posts:
Lets see what they do in the draft first. If they get Appel and stock up in power arms then he is being strait forward. If he get Bryant then a catcher then some late round crappy arms then ya clown. He sure likes to blame Hendry though. Even though Pena, Bradley, Fukudome were OBA signings.

It's going to take more than that to convince me otherwise.

Of course some believe that Hoyer is only aboard to scrub the middle of Theo's back in the shower.

mountsalami

Liked Posts:
I have laughed for a good 5 minutes from your picture at the bottom! Priceless!

th

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Early prediction:

Out:

Garza, Feldman, Gregg, Barney, Dejesus, Hairston, Schierholtz, Navarro

Back fill: Sweeny (RF), Borbon (CF), Valbuena moves to 2B, Ransom takes over 3B, Clevenger C.

Goal becomes tank to get a top 10 pick over the last 2 months.

Now guys that might go: Villenueva, Russell. Russell is doubtful. They only have 1 LH in the pen and he is still cheap. Villenueva most likely goes to the rotation.

Castro and Sori rumors should swirl but I do not see them giving up on Castro year and Sori I honestly do not see a match out there for him to go to. Maybe the A's with Reddick hitting .177/.275/.274 in RF. They could move Cespedes back to RF. But I'm guessing if Sori blocked SF he would block Oak.

So to be honest I really don't see a team that fits. Balt if Sori takes to DH...about it.

Now with this trend they have been pulling of signing F/A to sell:

Next year I can see:

Mark Reynolds (30) makes the most sense.
LF I don't see them being able to dump Sori to be honest.
CF: To be honest I can see them spending on Ellsbury. Choo I believe will become too pricey for the Bob the re-builders.
RF: Have to believe that they will not invest here with Soler fitting the mold they want. I can see Sweeny or Bog ending up here for a year or 2.

C: Now I'm not sure if they will give Castillo much of a chance to prove himself. I can see them signing Jarrod Saltalamacchia (29).

It wouldn't surprise me much if theyy ended up taking back their Bo-Sox F/A's this year.

SP: They would have Shark, Wood, Jackson and Villenueva. Again I see them signing a short term flipper vs investing here.

Who I would like to see: Jason Hammel.

Who I would expect to see: Josh Johnson on a short deal to prove he is back so they can cash in.

Thinking it over I believe this is the game plan.

They signed flips last off season and then filled up AAA with minor league vets.

So if player A gains trade value they would have a replacement in AAA to back fill.

Guys like Ha were held back so they could put guys like Nelson, Bog, Sweeny etc that were more seasoned.

So I believe this trend will continue to be perfectly honest.

Waste of time but with the limits to the draft, overseas spending the cheap asses have to use the major league payroll to find other ways to load up the system with junk. Even though I believe Feldman will nab a good prospect. Garza if he keeps it up should also. Rest no.

Boobaby1

Liked Posts:
Early prediction:

Out:

Garza, Feldman, Gregg, Barney, Dejesus, Hairston, Schierholtz, Navarro

Back fill: Sweeny (RF), Borbon (CF), Valbuena moves to 2B, Ransom takes over 3B, Clevenger C.

Goal becomes tank to get a top 10 pick over the last 2 months.

Now guys that might go: Villenueva, Russell. Russell is doubtful. They only have 1 LH in the pen and he is still cheap. Villenueva most likely goes to the rotation.

Castro and Sori rumors should swirl but I do not see them giving up on Castro year and Sori I honestly do not see a match out there for him to go to. Maybe the A's with Reddick hitting .177/.275/.274 in RF. They could move Cespedes back to RF. But I'm guessing if Sori blocked SF he would block Oak.

So to be honest I really don't see a team that fits. Balt if Sori takes to DH...about it.

Now with this trend they have been pulling of signing F/A to sell:

Next year I can see:

Mark Reynolds (30) makes the most sense.
LF I don't see them being able to dump Sori to be honest.
CF: To be honest I can see them spending on Ellsbury. Choo I believe will become too pricey for the Bob the re-builders.
RF: Have to believe that they will not invest here with Soler fitting the mold they want. I can see Sweeny or Bog ending up here for a year or 2.

C: Now I'm not sure if they will give Castillo much of a chance to prove himself. I can see them signing Jarrod Saltalamacchia (29).

It wouldn't surprise me much if theyy ended up taking back their Bo-Sox F/A's this year.

SP: They would have Shark, Wood, Jackson and Villenueva. Again I see them signing a short term flipper vs investing here.

Who I would like to see: Jason Hammel.

Who I would expect to see: Josh Johnson on a short deal to prove he is back so they can cash in.

Thinking it over I believe this is the game plan.

They signed flips last off season and then filled up AAA with minor league vets.

So if player A gains trade value they would have a replacement in AAA to back fill.

Guys like Ha were held back so they could put guys like Nelson, Bog, Sweeny etc that were more seasoned.

So I believe this trend will continue to be perfectly honest.

Waste of time but with the limits to the draft, overseas spending the cheap asses have to use the major league payroll to find other ways to load up the system with junk. Even though I believe Feldman will nab a good prospect. Garza if he keeps it up should also. Rest no.

I am saying right now that the Cubs will get Choo next year. He just fits. PERIOD!

As far as tanking to get a top 10 pick CSF, I don't think they will have to tank to do that. Tanking would net them a top 5 pick.

I could see them with Soriano, Dejesus, and Choo in the outfield, Reynolds, Castro, Valbuena, Rizzo, and Castillo.

Garza gets extended, Feldman is gone. The rest won't net much anyways unless they are packaged with somebody else like Castro or Soriano.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
I am saying right now that the Cubs will get Choo next year. He just fits. PERIOD!
I love Choo's skill set, and it definitely fits with what the front office wants. However, he is not the guy the Reds have right now. I am not certain that the Cubs will overpay to get a player like him. I would love to add him, but he is far closer to the career player in Cleveland than the guy the Reds have had.
As far as tanking to get a top 10 pick CSF, I don't think they will have to tank to do that. Tanking would net them a top 5 pick.
If you want to see tanking look at Miami or Houston.

I could see them with Soriano, Dejesus, and Choo in the outfield, Reynolds, Castro, Valbuena, Rizzo, and Castillo.
Love the skill sets of the players added, but the defense would be horrible on that roster. Reynolds and Castro would be the worst defensive left side of the diamond in baseball. Also I don't think this front office is going to pay for guys coming off career years after age 30. I like the lineup a lot because of the discipline at the plate it would have, but I just not sure how realistic it is.

Garza gets extended, Feldman is gone. The rest won't net much anyways unless they are packaged with somebody else like Castro or Soriano.

CSF77

Liked Posts:

Long term he would end up in LF. Theo is not going to block his 2 babies.

This comes down to buying while the players value is low or high.

Jacoby Ellsbury 30 .268/.337/.372 1 HR $9,000,000 in 2014 He might end up getting a 1 year deal to prove himself like Choo did.
Shin-Soo Choo 31 .282/.438/.493 10 HR $7,375,000 in 2014 He should be looking at a payday.

To be perfectly honest I believe the goal will again to be use F/A to build up trade depth. This year Jackson was against that belief and it is not working out for them. Fuji was against the belief that the BP are just power arms that failed to cut it as SP.

It just seems that they are treating this as a marathon vs a sprint in building this team and a quality team is what they end up with in due process vs forcing it.

But as they have said if they back them selves into a winner they will go for it.

Not my call just a fan but this is what I see them doing. Buy with the intention to sell. Last year and this year proves this to be fact.

CSF77

Liked Posts:

Gregg has value. He can net a single tool player. Seeing they are looking for OBA bats or power arms in general.

Feldman is in the same boat. He could net a power arm or a OBA stick.

Ditto on Garza except he has resign-ability if dealt to a contender that can add payroll. I get how we want to retain here but again I believe the main goal is re-tooling the farm vs putting out a winner now.

Castro has big return value. Some team would just let him be what he is and he would go back to being a hitting off his shoe laces type. His production fell when Theo/Dale decided to fuck with his mechanics. This is not a slump. He is trying to do something he was not meant to do. Be a OBA hitter and wait for a pitch vs being a reaction type.

To be honest they should trade him before they fuck him up too much.

Willrust

Liked Posts:
Jacoby Ellsbury 30 .268/.337/.372 1 HR $9,000,000 in 2014 He might end up getting a 1 year deal to prove himself like Choo did.

Choo wasn't a free agent, he was traded.

Mark Reynolds makes very little sense based upon Hoyer's discussion yesterday revolving around plate discipline.

David DeJesus could net a teams top 10 prospect. If he is packaged with someone (Feldman), the Cubs should be able to get a team's top 3 prospect and a top 20.

KBisBack!

Liked Posts:
Mark Reynolds makes very little sense based upon Hoyer's discussion yesterday revolving around plate discipline.

Maybe someday you will learn to think for yourself and not allow what you read to do the thinking for you.

Almost nothing that the Cubs front office has publicly stated has matched their actions.

David DeJesus could net a teams top 10 prospect. If he is packaged with someone (Feldman), the Cubs should be able to get a team's top 3 prospect and a top 20.

LOL!!!

You are ridiculous.

kchicub08

Liked Posts:

Big fan Of Choo... hope it happens.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Choo wasn't a free agent, he was traded.

Matters little. Fact is Jacoby has something to prove before cashing in. Choo is looking at a multi. I do not believe that they will be looking to invest into long term assetts but they would rather make short term investments with the intention of selling it off.

As above. Again this is about re-sale value. He is the best 3B on the market next year in a shallow 3B market.

And again after reading what Bruce LaVine was saying he feels that the Cubs will go after Bryant to lock up their IF of the future while stock piling power arms.

Reynolds makes sense as a stop gap to Bryant then sell him off in a few.

His opinion of Vitters is eventually any prospect becomes suspect. He also believes Jackson will not get the call up and expects both to be gone.

Same boat as Feldman and Gregg. Net a single tool player. Not saying how good each would be or how close but nothing top 100 on any.

CSF77

Liked Posts:

Apr: 10-16
May: 13-14
Jun: 0-3

SDP 26-32
LAA: 26-33
Sea: 26-33
LAD 25-32
CWS: 24-32
KC: 23-32
Tor: 24-34
CHC 23-33
NYM: 22-33
Mil: 22-35
Hou: 21-38
Mia: 16-44

Looks pretty bunched up. Any team that hit a hot streak can find them self out of the top ten.