Training Camp 8/10

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Back tightness “refers” to a strain. Medical professionals won’t tell you that you have back tightness. They will say you strained or pulled something.

I said the same thing when this first was reported too. And I agree, it should be called accurately. But “tightness” is dumbed down version of what’s going on.
I’ve never heard them referred to as tightness but it’s whatever, essentially we agree on what’s happening here.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I think my biggest concern in that quote is he's thinking up to 2 series and quantified that as 8-10 snaps. So, the plan for the 1's appears to maybe get a first down or two and then punt?....
3 3&outs

Visionman

Liked Posts:
That ain't happening. Talk about a massive horrible overreaction. So if the #1 offense is getting owned, your thought is to throw the rookie QB that has zero or almost zero reps with them out there? Yikes!!
If Dalton shits the bed , Fields will likely start getting reps with the ones to acclimate to the WR's and TE's playing speed.
Sarcasm.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I somewhat agree. Asking @Bearly Because he mentioned Jenkins could play any day. That's true even if he's on the PUP list, at this point he's just standing around taking up a roster spot when we have a lot of injuries. Newsome was on the PUP list for a couple days and came off when he was ready. No reason for Jenkins not to be on it other than being concerned of the backlash of admitting to actual concern over his back
Or he's actually in a situation where they hope his return is immanent. May not happen but why make extra moves until you decide you need that FA?

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
I’ve never heard them referred to as tightness but it’s whatever, essentially we agree on what’s happening here.
That’s why this situation is so confusing. Because medical doctors won’t diagnose you with tightness. The only clue it can possibly give is it’s not too serious.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Or he's actually in a situation where they hope his return is immanent. May not happen but why make extra moves until you decide you need that FA?
Idk. In my opinion even with everyone healthy I'd like one more vet that can play LT. I don't trust this team on injury reports though as they've been anything but transparent as long as I can remember.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
If Jenkins doesn't practice in pads sometime this week...you know he's not going to scrimmage against the Dolphins. That's going to be the next wtf moment.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
If Jenkins doesn't practice in pads sometime this week...you know he's not going to scrimmage against the Dolphins. That's going to be the next wtf moment.
There's almost zero chance he plays against Miami at this point. I'll be disappointed if he isn't out there game 2 though

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
It is practice. Interceptions happen quite often as you are testing things out. Really wouldn't put much stock into it at this point. I think they have mainly be Foles as he started out running with the 3rd team D.
That makes sense, but in that case how much stock can you put into Ogletree's picks?

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I guess it's not really detrimental, but it creates a daily story and people constantly speculating and assuming the worst amongst fans and media which will only make it look worse if they have to DL him. Whereas if they'd just say what's going on and put him on the PUP it'd be moved to the back burner. They are lucky they have Fields to distract attention from Jenkins this year
If they are going to try and get him ready for game one, they don't want to tell the opposition what to do to aggravate it. It's no different than weekly injury reports during the season from any and every team. Everyone what's to know what's up but we won't unless he goes on the in season PUP or under the knife.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Next week will be more telling.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
That’s why this situation is so confusing. Because medical doctors won’t diagnose you with tightness. The only clue it can possibly give is it’s not too serious.
Right. I don’t think it’s serious because they only set themselves up for bashing if they say it’s tightness and it ends up being this Chris Williams situation. They could just save themselves so much time with the media if they came out and said it was a minor sprain and he’ll miss some of camp and or pre season. Now every practice missed becomes another day to add to the "how serious is it?" question.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Right. I don’t think it’s serious because they only set themselves up for bashing if they say it’s tightness and it ends up being this Chris Williams situation. They could just save themselves so much time with the media if they came out and said it was a minor sprain and he’ll miss some of camp and or pre season. Now every practice missed becomes another day to add to the "how serious is it?" question.
Dallas is having a similar situation with Dak

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Yeah, what's up with that? I heard there was a setback but I haven't read into it.
Not really sure but they consulted the rangers medical staff thinking it is more of a "baseball injury." Aikman actually said he thought it was worse than they were saying in the HOF game broadcast

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
Completely agree. I’m not worried to the point where I think he is going to miss the season or be a bust. But like you said, just tell the media what’s going on. Who cares if it’s a minor injury, it’s part of the game.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
At this point it wouldn't surprise me if he were good to go but they waited until after the Dolphins scrims. The practices could get nasty and you know this team has some egos.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Not really sure but they consulted the rangers medical staff thinking it is more of a "baseball injury." Aikman actually said he thought it was worse than they were saying in the HOF game broadcast
QB with a throwing shoulder issue is not a good thing.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
That makes sense, but in that case how much stock can you put into Ogletree's picks?
I am sure that what they are trying is not to see how many interceptions Ogletree could get.

What I am saying is that the interceptions would be more spread around to other players. He has to be doing something right.